Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Falling in love all over again ...

Page: 1 of 1
 txa1265
03-01-2004, 2:18 PM
OK, I just finished JA again - I played it on my Mac after not touching it since KotOR came out in November.

My FPS - and particular my saber - chops were pretty atrophied, so it was more challenging than it had been to me on release (I've played almost all RPG's since Nov).

By the story, the levels, the saber-play, the organic increase in difficulty and intensity ... I really like this game as much as I remembered. Somthing happens at Dossuun - things rachet up a notch, and it just carries through the rest of the game.

Some say Tavion isn't hard. No she isn't too tough, but that makes sense - she hasn't been honing her skills, but looking for a mechanism of revenge and rebuilding a force to get back at Katarn. Works for me.

Ahhh .... now back to NWN again for a while ...

Mike
 Prime
03-01-2004, 2:58 PM
Good to hear, Mike. Once I get my machine back from the shop with my new video card and motherboard, I'm going to give it another go. :)
 Avitor
03-03-2004, 8:38 PM
Yeah, I stopped playing JA for a long time, but because of school in my case. Then I got a new motherboard, processor, and video card and had to test the system out. My Jedi Academy test to a few days.
 Master_Keralys
03-03-2004, 11:23 PM
I've been falling in love w/it again myself, but w/the MP part. I love SP, but after beating it several times on Jedi Master, it's just too easy and predictable. The only even moderately hard part in the entire game at this point is Killing the first Tavion - either side - and beating Kyle. Other than that, it's all pretty much a POC except for one room full of three light or dark (depending on which side you're playing through) staff user Masters, the light side being harder...

I have, instead, gotten hooked on MP with the betas of the new OJP release. Enhanced v.0.0.2.b.3/4 is awesome. RGB sabers, better hit detection, manual blocking system, etc. I can't wait till the team finishes the final Enhanced release...
Page: 1 of 1