Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

lighting help

Page: 1 of 1
 reapa
02-29-2004, 9:06 PM
He everyone, Im making a ladder map, I start making a room, its1936 by 1024 units, I want to make it abright room but my lighting doesnt seem to be doing much, wat should I do to make it a bright room, wat size lights etc.. (oh btw it doesnt have a sky shader its an enclosed room.
thx 4 any help reapa
 hgwall44
02-29-2004, 9:16 PM
lets just say you only made one light. You want this light to touch every wall. So the walls won't look black. You can see this in the 3d view. But you make several lights try to make the touch the walls so the walls show up.
 Ockniel
03-01-2004, 8:54 AM
or you can change "radius" to about "250", that should cover a good sized area
 WadeV1589
03-01-2004, 12:16 PM
You just need multiple lights on the roof, be it lots of little lights or several large bea m type lights. Either way you want the actual light texture there so the light looks like it is coming from somewhere!

After you've done that you can either modify the shaders for those lights so they emit enough light to have the desired effect (that is the best method); or if you're uncomfortable doing that place light entities right next to these light textures with a large value and maybe even make them into spotlights.

Just do NOT place a single light entity in the middle of the room with a strong light value. It looks so bad!
Page: 1 of 1