Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Podracer models, all u got to do is weight and port em

Page: 1 of 1
 TPM_Montross
02-28-2004, 11:16 PM
ok guys i stumbled acrost somthing u all might find usefull, its this site that has a bunch of star wars related models, they have a whole bunch of pod racers in a variety of .max and .3ds, for all u vehicle and model guys, u should be able to dl these weight them, and port them to jedi academy, i hope sombody does this, heres (http://scifi3d.theforce.net/list.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=12) the link
 Chairwalker
02-29-2004, 1:07 PM
Well, first of all, those models have insane amounts of polygons/detail.
So to get them ingame you'd spend alot of time just trying to get the detail down.

Second, you'd need permission from the guy who made the models.

Third: some modelers dont like using other people's work, and would rather make their own stuff.
 TPM_Montross
02-29-2004, 2:57 PM
yea, i didnt look at the polycount, the permissions are in the model .zip and i know about the using ur own work but just wanted to give this to u all incase sombody wanted it
 Manquesa
02-29-2004, 6:07 PM
I use those models to make my skins for my vehicles (I give proper credit, don't worry), but to try and convert those to usable models for a game, there's just no way. In most cases you need to get rid of about 90 % of the poly's, sometimes more.
 TPM_Montross
02-29-2004, 9:28 PM
darn, well like u said, still good skinning stuff, i just want sombody to do a pod map for jkr
Page: 1 of 1