Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why did Fett come in? *SPOILERS*

Page: 1 of 2
 Sabretooth
02-28-2004, 4:12 AM
I don't get it. Why does Fett have to attck Jaden in the Ord Mantell mission? He does say that there was "no bounty on you, a shame" or something like that. Does he have something to do with the runied city and/or the weapons cache? He also says "this is none of your business, Jedi" meaning that it is something personal to Fett. Any theories, anyone?
 Crow_Nest
02-28-2004, 5:32 AM
He must have been sent by the cult or just so happend to bump into you by accident :p
 BawBag™
02-28-2004, 9:08 AM
A tie-in from Dark Forces I think. Meh. Fetts' rubbish anyway.
 DarthMuffin
02-28-2004, 3:01 PM
I think he just wants to get a hold on the weapons or something like that. IMO, he was planning to do something in Ord Mantell and he doesn't like the idea of a Jedi looking into it. I don't think he was sent by the cult.
 Darth-Bane
02-29-2004, 5:38 PM
i agree, he probably wanted the weapons for himself.
if he was sent by the cult, fett wouldnt have said WALK AWAY JEDI :D
 Neverhoodian
02-29-2004, 5:56 PM
There may not have been a bounty on Jaden's head (something I find odd given all the damage he/she did to the Disciples of Ragnos)...but maybe Fett was hired to protect the ammunition. Or he wanted the ammo for himself. Heck, perhaps he was tracking another bounty and decided Jaden would be a good "warm-up."
 Batdroid
02-29-2004, 10:06 PM
i have to go with he wanted them himself. want to heare something funny i did not know i could just go in the door i fought boba for a good 20mins till he went past the door
 Taran'atar
03-01-2004, 8:23 PM
Well, Fett did watch a Jedi decapitate his daddy. He might be inclined to blast a Jedi just for the hell of it.
 Jedi_Vogel
03-03-2004, 7:32 AM
I got confused cos I coudl have sword Fett got swallowed bya huge plant or something on Return of the Jedi and then in JA oooo he gets reincarnated, metal and all :p
 txa1265
03-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel
I got confused cos I coudl have sword Fett got swallowed bya huge plant or something on Return of the Jedi and then in JA oooo he gets reincarnated, metal and all :p Yet another contentious EU moment ...

Yes, Fett got eaten by the Sarlaac in RotJ. Then some EU book makes the claim that someone (Dengar, I believe?) rescued him - and that the Sarlaac didn't kill him because of the armor.

So he returned for the Dark Forces battle, and now again in JA. Fine by me, he's a fun boss battle in both games, and I don't let myself be worried any more about the Sarlaac than by seeing Morgan at the Valley in JKII.

Mike
 Jedi_Vogel
03-03-2004, 2:04 PM
Though Morgan is in "apparition" form, if my memory serves me correctly, the same way Yoda, Anakin and Obi are at the end of ROTJ?
 Xizor's killer
03-03-2004, 3:04 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
Yet another contentious EU moment ...

Yes, Fett got eaten by the Sarlaac in RotJ. Then some EU book makes the claim that someone (Dengar, I believe?) rescued him - and that the Sarlaac didn't kill him because of the armor.

The sarlaac doesn't kill them completely does it? I though it swalloed you and you dies in there so couldn't Fett of just climbed up and when the sarlaac opened it's mouth Fett flew out? Anyway I think that Fett was just chillin in Ord Mantell when he saw Jaden land he then realized that he/she was a jedi and wanted to rip Him/Her a new a-hole due to Jango's death
 Neverhoodian
03-03-2004, 3:15 PM
originally posted by txa1265

So he returned for the Dark Forces battle, and now again in JA. Fine by me, he's a fun boss battle in both games, and I don't let myself be worried any more about the Sarlaac than by seeing Morgan at the Valley in JKII.

Actually, DF takes place before RotJ, before Fett even captures Han Solo.

It took me a while to go along with the whole "Fett is still alive" thing. It's obvious George Lucas wanted to kill him off in the Sarlaac, but the fans just wouldn't stand for that. Now I just play along and have fun fighting the enigmatic bounty hunter.
 tFighterPilot
03-03-2004, 3:27 PM
Speaking of which, when did JO take place? I read the all Jedi Academy Trilogy, where luke creates the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. Did it take place shortly after? I heard kyle was in some of the New Jedi Order books.
 [ASJN] Balboa
03-04-2004, 1:04 AM
he most certainly was after the weapons for his own use. he could save his money for the whore house or somethin that way. i doubt he would side with the cultists. they're jedi scum to him. he only worked with Vader cause he's the big badass lord. he actually did fight him for some treasure in some comic with vader winning by slim margins. i don't want him to die really. i like george lucas for the concept of starwars but his story writing isn't always the best.
 Neverhoodian
03-04-2004, 1:17 AM
originally posted by tFighterPilot
Speaking of which, when did JO take place? I read the all Jedi Academy Trilogy, where luke creates the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. Did it take place shortly after? I heard kyle was in some of the New Jedi Order books.

I'm not quite sure myself. It seems to me that JO takes place during the Jedi Academy trilogy, as Luke mentions something about "pressing business of my own to attend to" in JO. Perhaps it has something to do with Kyp Durron and the Sun Crusher?

I imagine JA takes place right after the Jedi Academy trilogy, since there's only a year or so of difference between JO to JA.
 txa1265
03-04-2004, 8:41 AM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
I'm not quite sure myself. It seems to me that JO takes place during the Jedi Academy trilogy, as Luke mentions something about "pressing business of my own to attend to" in JO. Perhaps it has something to do with Kyp Durron and the Sun Crusher?

I imagine JA takes place right after the Jedi Academy trilogy, since there's only a year or so of difference between JO to JA. I'm pretty sure that JO is a couple of years after the Jedi Acadmy trilogy, as it is referred to as 8 years after RotJ. JK1/MotS is closer in time to the JA trilogy. But then the whole timeline thing did get a little messy when JO came out (anyone remember *those* discussions?)

Mike
 tFighterPilot
03-04-2004, 12:26 PM
It just seems that there are too many Jedi in the game, as there were about 12(?) in the Jedi Academy Trilogy. What irritated me in the books, is that while some of them was mentioned by name a lot, some was never mentioned as an indevisual, which means that the same ones did everything.
 VaderInevitable
03-07-2004, 2:29 PM
right
1, Boba fett escaped from the sarlic by settin off a thermal detinator then one of jabbas old palace dancers lifted him out and dengar l8er found him.
2,Boba would never take the weapons for himself it is unlike him, (read the bounty hunter wars) he would rather work and get it fr himself rathher than steal it , he may be on of the nastys bount hunters ever but he is an honest man who works for things.
3, i suspect tht they may be making a jedi knight 4 in whihch you play kyle and is set during jk 3 and you do all the kyle missions (remeber how he was always going off) you may find out more about why boba was there. (rember this is only a thought)
:D
 Druid Allanon
03-07-2004, 4:54 PM
Yup... according to EU, Boba Fett did escape. :( I was disappointed, I never did like Boba anyway. Imagine how happy I was when I watched the Sarlaac ate Boba... oh well...

2,Boba would never take the weapons for himself it is unlike him, (read the bounty hunter wars) he would rather work and get it fr himself rathher than steal it , he may be on of the nastys bount hunters ever but he is an honest man who works for things.

Yup, which is why he fought with Jaden to 'honestly' get the weapon?
 rccar328
03-07-2004, 6:05 PM
I think it's most likely that Boba Fett was there because someone at Raven or LucasArts said, "who would be a cool enemy? Hey, let's use Boba Fett!"

As for why he was in that particular place (i.e. how the heck does he fit into the plot?), Bounty Hunter series or no, it seems clear that he was there to get the weapons for himself...after all, it's impossible to kill him & he doesn't go away until all of the weapons are destroyed...
 tFighterPilot
03-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by VaderInevitable
right
1, Boba fett escaped from the sarlic by settin off a thermal detinator then one of jabbas old palace dancers lifted him out and dengar l8er found him.
3, i suspect tht they may be making a jedi knight 4 in whihch you play kyle and is set during jk 3 and you do all the kyle missions (remeber how he was always going off) you may find out more about why boba was there. (rember this is only a thought)
:D How can a JK4 come out when there is no JK3 yet?
 Sabretooth
03-08-2004, 4:22 AM
Let's suppose JK4 has Kyle and the events are of JA. Then how is Jaden gonna look? Also Kyle won't get the important missions and we already know the story so it won't be much of a surprise.

I have another theory though. Kyle and Luke have both faced Boba some time. They might have set him to attack Jaden and test how Jaden fared against the bounty hunter. If Jaden would have lost, Kyle woud have directly sent him to Korriban rather than Taspir since Jaden failed the test against Fett. But that still doesn't explain "no bounty on you, a shame".
 tFighterPilot
03-08-2004, 7:47 AM
JA is not JK3!
 Jedi_Vogel
03-08-2004, 7:55 AM
Working on what he ( ^ ) said, then it is easily logical to continue Kyle's storyline, ignoring Jaden's. Kyle Has a life outside of Jaden, believe it or not :lol:
 Crow_Nest
03-08-2004, 7:57 AM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
JA is not JK3!

It is JK3 but a different name, some people just prefer to call it JK3 instead of JKA/JA.

As for the topic, i think maybe fett just saw jaden's ship land and heard the explosion? And went over to kill him?
 Sabretooth
03-08-2004, 9:01 AM
Fett is a bounty hunter. You give him money, he does the job. Why would he just attack Jaden? It was none of his business.
 Crow_Nest
03-08-2004, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by sabretooth
Fett is a bounty hunter. You give him money, he does the job. Why would he just attack Jaden? It was none of his business.

Maybe he always attacks jedi?
 Druid Allanon
03-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Let's suppose JK4 has Kyle and the events are of JA. Then how is Jaden gonna look? Also Kyle won't get the important missions and we already know the story so it won't be much of a surprise.

I have another theory though. Kyle and Luke have both faced Boba some time. They might have set him to attack Jaden and test how Jaden fared against the bounty hunter. If Jaden would have lost, Kyle woud have directly sent him to Korriban rather than Taspir since Jaden failed the test against Fett. But that still doesn't explain "no bounty on you, a shame".

Your theory is flawed. Kyle wouldn't want to risk the life of his apprentice. If Jaden had lost, he'd be in Heaven already. :P
 Prime
03-08-2004, 4:28 PM
Fett is a bounty hunter. You give him money, he does the job. Why would he just attack Jaden? It was none of his business. Because if they just had a picnic the game would be boring.
 Master Elendal
03-09-2004, 1:38 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel
I got confused cos I coudl have sword Fett got swallowed bya huge plant or something on Return of the Jedi and then in JA oooo he gets reincarnated, metal and all :p

this has probably been mentioned already, but in the extended universe and all Boba blasts his way out of the sarlacc, causing major damage. its in alot of books.
 Jedi_Vogel
03-09-2004, 7:28 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Because if they just had a picnic the game would be boring.

:lol: The man has a point :lol:

And in rel to Boba, not having read any of the books (due to my life being full enough already), I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me, thought it is a pity that it's true :p ;)
 tFighterPilot
03-09-2004, 9:24 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
It is JK3 but a different name, some people just prefer to call it JK3 instead of JKA/JA. Perhaps, but when the next JK will be out (which just might happen), it won't be called JK4
 Radd
03-09-2004, 9:52 PM
Everyone knows that in the Extended Universe Boba Fett escaped from the Saarlac with Tag and Bink, and made them his alibi for the whole Hutt fiasco.

Fett, "What are you going to say when someone asks you about all of this?"

Bink, "That Boba Fett does not scream like a girl and was in no way thwarted by a blind guy swinging a stick during the Rebel's escape."

Tag, "He was in a bar in Mos Espa with us and my two sisters."

Of course, as far as the movies and Big George are concerned, Fett died in the Saarlac.

As far as I'm concerned, then next JK game should feature Tag and Bink.
 jon_hill987
03-10-2004, 1:26 PM
this has probably been mentioned already, but in the extended universe and all Boba blasts his way out of the sarlacc, causing major damage. its in alot of books.

He would have had enough time, in RotJ C3PO says something about being digested in the belly of the almighty sarlacc over 3 thousand years.

however I think they used fett coz they thought he would make a good boss, thats it.

to think I tryed to kill him as well, should have known that it was impossable.
 Crow_Nest
03-11-2004, 5:16 AM
Originally posted by jon_hill987
He would have had enough time, in RotJ C3PO says something about being digested in the belly of the almighty sarlacc over 3 thousand years.

Yes

But he was actullay rescued by a Bounty Hunter Dengar
 Jedi_Vogel
03-11-2004, 8:40 AM
Originally posted by jon_hill987
to think I tryed to kill him as well, should have known that it was impossable.

Don't tell me you can't kill him and have to run from him for the whole level *frowns*
 Druid Allanon
03-11-2004, 9:27 AM
That level was kinda scary... Boba Fett could appear any time and shoot at you. I was frantically using Sense.
 Pnut_Man
03-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Radd
Everyone knows that in the Extended Universe Boba Fett escaped from the Saarlac with Tag and Bink, and made them his alibi for the whole Hutt fiasco.

Fett, "What are you going to say when someone asks you about all of this?"

Bink, "That Boba Fett does not scream like a girl and was in no way thwarted by a blind guy swinging a stick during the Rebel's escape."

Tag, "He was in a bar in Mos Espa with us and my two sisters."

Of course, as far as the movies and Big George are concerned, Fett died in the Saarlac.

As far as I'm concerned, then next JK game should feature Tag and Bink.

LOL...
I see we've read the same comic before. And Boba Fett had a saber duel outside of Mos Eisley cantina against Vader, eh?

I read the Tales from the Bounty Hunters. Dengar and his future wife went out to the desert, rescued and healed Fett.

Why was Boba Fett on Ord Mantell? Simple answer, but honestly, the only one that you should be thinking--"...Because Raven thought that would be 'cool'." ;)
 Druid Allanon
03-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
LOL...
I see we've read the same comic before. And Boba Fett had a saber duel outside of Mos Eisley cantina against Vader, eh?

I read the Tales from the Bounty Hunters. Dengar and his future wife went out to the desert, rescued and healed Fett.

Why was Boba Fett on Ord Mantell? Simple answer, but honestly, the only one that you should be thinking--"...Because Raven thought that would be 'cool'." ;)

Yes, but we're trying to think out the reason from Jaden's point of view.
 --ZeeMan--
03-11-2004, 7:05 PM
here's my *limited* fett knowledge. i DO know that boba fett did actually kill a jedi once and took his lightsaber only to have it taken by vader (crow'snest: i think i found that on your lightsaber history link)

also, doesn't anyone remeber the N64 star wars game with Prince Xizor? boba fett had some connection to ord mantell in that game as well, but i can't remember what it is at this moment. guess i'll have to go home and play it to find out :-D
 LukeKatarn
03-12-2004, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by --ZeeMan--
here's my *limited* fett knowledge. i DO know that boba fett did actually kill a jedi once and took his lightsaber only to have it taken by vader (crow'snest: i think i found that on your lightsaber history link)

also, doesn't anyone remeber the N64 star wars game with Prince Xizor? boba fett had some connection to ord mantell in that game as well, but i can't remember what it is at this moment. guess i'll have to go home and play it to find out :-D The connection to ornmantel is the droid bountyhunter (You might have guessed it) IG88 IG88 ambushed fett but fett won the battel so IG88 went to ordmantel (A junkyardplanet if you didant know)to repair his ship.
 --ZeeMan--
03-12-2004, 3:23 PM
greatly appreciated :-D
 TK-425
03-23-2004, 12:47 PM
ok
1. what is keeping the wepons from being his fett i mean
the weapons could just be his and he doesent want enyone to
tamper with them please if i am rong tell me
2. as for the sarlacc i got this info from the star wars page under boba fett and under that the "expanded universe" at
the bottom of the page:trooper:

"Fett's armor and body were extremely battered by his ordeal in the Sarlacc. When he plunged into the beast, he was kept alive by numerous fibrous suckers that attached themselves to his body. This was part of the Sarlacc's horrible metabolic process; it would keep its prey alive for thousands of years, all the while slowly feeding off it. Fett almost lost his identity in the swirling dementia brought about by the Sarlacc's toxins. His resolve held, and he used his weapons to blast free of the beast.

Naked, wounded, and defenseless on the sands of Tatooine, Fett was rescued by his fellow hunter Dengar, who nursed him back to health. Fett reclaimed his armor and his reputation, returning from the "dead," and again taking on bounties. It wasn't until six years after the Battle of Endor that Han Solo learned his nemesis was still alive. Although Fett still piloted his antiquated Slave I, he updated his arsenal with the ultrasleek Slave II. These were but the first two of his vessels, which would eventually number up to Slave IV."
 TK-425
03-23-2004, 7:51 PM
o and if you want more details on the sarlacc here i got them

from my reading fett started blasting away at the sarlaccs suction
things and it got agrivated by it and spit him up later dangar or
whatever found him and nursed him back to health:trooper:

ps. i still think that those weapons are fetts and he got ticked
of when jaden started blowing them up:p
 JediMasterX04
03-24-2004, 9:16 PM
Fett's alive, wow, the universe's most dangerous bounty hunter has returned from the dead, interesting. It's also interesting that Dark Forces took place before ROTJ, and I assume that there was almost no time between Dark Forces and JK:Dark Forces II. I know that there's a 5 year period between Dark Forces II and MOTS. I think that MOTS was during ROTJ, because Mara Jade, the main character, was a Jedi in training under Palpatine when he was Emperor. I hope I got all that right, please correct me if i'm wrong.
 TK-8252
03-24-2004, 9:24 PM
He didn't return from the dead, the Sarlacc doesn't kill you... it keeps you alive.
 JediMasterX04
03-24-2004, 9:33 PM
My mistake, i meant to say he returned from the Sarlacc, but thanks though.
 Radd
03-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Fett is only back in the Extended Universe. As far as Lucas and the movies are concerned, Fett rotted in the Sarlaac.

And I still prefere the Tag and Bink version of how Fett got out.
 Ockniel
03-25-2004, 6:32 AM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
Actually, DF takes place before RotJ, before Fett even captures Han Solo.

It took me a while to go along with the whole "Fett is still alive" thing. It's obvious George Lucas wanted to kill him off in the Sarlaac, but the fans just wouldn't stand for that. Now I just play along and have fun fighting the enigmatic bounty hunter.

yeah, If all the starwars fans would just leave Lucas's work alone, the new episodes would probably be as good as the first three cause lucas is trying to please everybody
Page: 1 of 2