Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

D/Led Hilts don't work

Page: 1 of 1
 Jase_Morden
02-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey,

I Downloaded Kensai's Hilt Pack from JK3Files not long ago and when I tried them on the |-TLS-|House server and they worked fine, but when I try them in my friend's server (The Jedi Stadium) they don't work. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

-Jase
 keshire
02-27-2004, 10:14 AM
The host has to have the files too.
 Crow_Nest
02-27-2004, 2:01 PM
You'll have to ask that friend of yours to download the hilt pac first...
 Marcus(JSA)
02-27-2004, 7:18 PM
Okay, okay - I get the point! By the time you next logon I'll have uploaded the Hilts to the server!

Man, the things I do for people, if theres anything more boring than |GG|Crow_Nest's technical answers it has to be waiting for files to upload to the damn server! j/k :D

EDIT: Okay, it's uploaded, so stop your damn whining! ;)
 Jase_Morden
02-28-2004, 12:58 AM
Hey Mark, ShadowsFear didn't have Kensai's Hilt Pack uploaded on his server, so how did they work?
Think about it...

-Master Morden
 Andy867
02-28-2004, 1:14 AM
That easy, if the server hat the option set as being a unpure server, then any mod you have will work, even if others dont see it.
 AIVAS
02-28-2004, 3:54 AM
Originally posted by Andy867
That easy, if the server hat the option set as being a unpure server, then any mod you have will work, even if others dont see it.

On pure servers, I can't select hilts that the server doesn't have

On UNPURE servers, I CAN select them, but they just turn into single saber, Reborn default saber.

So NOW this is something to think about.
 Jase_Morden
02-28-2004, 3:59 AM
Originally posted by AIVAS
On pure servers, I can't select hilts that the server doesn't have

On UNPURE servers, I CAN select them, but they just turn into single saber, Reborn default saber.

So NOW this is something to think about.

That's what happens to me too.
 Marcus(JSA)
02-28-2004, 7:41 AM
ShadowFear doesn't have a server to upload the Hilts onto like me, he hosts via his Home PC.

From what I've read on these servers, the way you connect to a Dedicated Server, and the way you connect to a Hosts Server differs in some ways.

Perhaps its the fact that a Dedicated server actually has parameters defined in the config files, whereas a Hosted server is just a 'junction box' linking the players together but not limiting their setting so much?

Meh, who cares - your bloody hilts work now!
Page: 1 of 1