Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about the lightspeed effect in the star destroyer map.

Page: 1 of 1
 Spathi
02-26-2004, 10:02 PM
hey, i was wondering how to do that effect in the star destroyer map. the effect when u go as a rebel and ur ship just jumps through a worm hole by itself. i want to do something similar to that like the ship takes of the ground and lunches into space how can i do it?
 WadeV1589
02-27-2004, 12:16 AM
It should be in the tutorial pack, if not, it's a trigger_hyperspace, target1 defines the direction, target2 defines the place you spawn at.

Make a func_group with a key/value pair of hyperspace/1 I believe.

Basically the func_group becomes invisible in game but is displayed when you enter a trigger_hyperspace.

Like I said though, there should be a tutorial out there for it, either in the accompanying release or at Map-Center.com
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
02-29-2004, 5:44 AM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
It should be in the tutorial pack, if not, it's a trigger_hyperspace, target1 defines the direction, target2 defines the place you spawn at.

Make a func_group with a key/value pair of hyperspace/1 I believe.

Basically the func_group becomes invisible in game but is displayed when you enter a trigger_hyperspace.

Like I said though, there should be a tutorial out there for it, either in the accompanying release or at Map-Center.com

Yep, that's exactly what it does. A bit hacky, but, hey, it works! :)
Page: 1 of 1