Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

whats the best thing to make for droid engineer

Page: 1 of 1
 Mr. thifen
02-26-2004, 9:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew what the best thing to make for droid engineer to gain the most xp?
 McCusto
02-27-2004, 2:03 AM
Well what is the best xp is the thing u can make if u r a MDE a Load Lifter... well anywaysit depends on how far u r when u post itI will respond
 devian
02-27-2004, 2:55 PM
Craft like a bitch,

or find a macro to practice craft for you.
 Trahern Valley
03-04-2004, 8:43 PM
My character has decided to take up the family business of droid engineering, and here is what I think so far. Go up the droid blueprints tree first.

Novice droid engineer: grind mouse droids, because there really isn't much else to do. For some reason the devs thought it would be a good idea to make every DE in the game learn to hate mouse droids. Don't ask me why. Meanwhile, harvest all the steel and fiberplast you can.

Intermediate Droid Blueprints: I used seeker droids to grind once I got this. Got a factory and made crates of the components you have to craft beforehand; the components are generic items, so they wouldn't count as droid crafting exp anyway. Also, seekers use more chemicals than metals; and they're the first droid you can put on display in your house/shop/wherever. Meanwhile, keep harvesting all the steel and fiberplast you can.

Advanced Droid Blueprints: Woohoo, you can now make your first astromech chassis, give it a funny name and put it on display! Now grind the advanced droid frame unit using the steel and fiberplast you have hopefully been harvesting all this time. By now you...probably still don't have enough, so keep harvesting steel and fiberplast, heh.

This is as far as I got right now, because I'm also doing pistoleer so I can pay for running the harvesters, and because the spooky voice told me to. Oh, and I ran out of steel and fiberplast, too.
 devian
03-05-2004, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by Trahern Valley
My character has decided to take up the family business of droid engineering, and here is what I think so far. Go up the droid blueprints tree first.

Novice droid engineer: grind mouse droids, because there really isn't much else to do. For some reason the devs thought it would be a good idea to make every DE in the game learn to hate mouse droids. Don't ask me why. Meanwhile, harvest all the steel and fiberplast you can.

Intermediate Droid Blueprints: I used seeker droids to grind once I got this. Got a factory and made crates of the components you have to craft beforehand; the components are generic items, so they wouldn't count as droid crafting exp anyway. Also, seekers use more chemicals than metals; and they're the first droid you can put on display in your house/shop/wherever. Meanwhile, keep harvesting all the steel and fiberplast you can.

Advanced Droid Blueprints: Woohoo, you can now make your first astromech chassis, give it a funny name and put it on display! Now grind the advanced droid frame unit using the steel and fiberplast you have hopefully been harvesting all this time. By now you...probably still don't have enough, so keep harvesting steel and fiberplast, heh.

This is as far as I got right now, because I'm also doing pistoleer so I can pay for running the harvesters, and because the spooky voice told me to. Oh, and I ran out of steel and fiberplast, too.

Can you put ANYTHING in a crate? if so, I'm going to get a factory and crate up half my traps :|
 Trahern Valley
03-05-2004, 6:25 PM
Hm. I don't think you can make a schematic without a crafting station, so you'd need to use a weapon, droid, general item tool to do it. Then stand next to a w,d,g crafting station, make a trap, and choose Make Schematic instead of Create Item. Then you decide how many traps you want to make using that schematic. Once you have your schematic and all the resources (which must be the same type as the resources used to make the schematic) you chuck it all into the factory and get it working, add credits and power, and get it started.

I've no idea how many traps go into a single crate, but it's probably between 25 and 50. If you can't afford a factory, find a crafter who has one and ask if you can borrow. It's pretty cheap to bring your own money and energy to pay for however long the factory is in use, making your items.
 devian
03-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Trahern Valley
Hm. I don't think you can make a schematic without a crafting station, so you'd need to use a weapon, droid, general item tool to do it. Then stand next to a w,d,g crafting station, make a trap, and choose Make Schematic instead of Create Item. Then you decide how many traps you want to make using that schematic. Once you have your schematic and all the resources (which must be the same type as the resources used to make the schematic) you chuck it all into the factory and get it working, add credits and power, and get it started.

I've no idea how many traps go into a single crate, but it's probably between 25 and 50. If you can't afford a factory, find a crafter who has one and ask if you can borrow. It's pretty cheap to bring your own money and energy to pay for however long the factory is in use, making your items.

Lol I know how to make traps and all. I was just wondering, if anything can go in crates. I'll probably go and buy a factory since I don't have any artisian/arcitecht skills.

Thanks.
 Trahern Valley
03-07-2004, 6:52 AM
Looks like once you can make advanced droid frame units, that's what you should grind all the way to master blueprints; assuming you're using the semi-automatic macro, of course. If you're doing it all by hand, or mouse, or whatever, The advanced probot chassis is probably your best bet.
Page: 1 of 1