Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Woman dies in viewing of "The Passion of the Christ"

Page: 2 of 2
 ZBomber
02-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Read through it again, youll see that God makes several caring decisions. God is the same as he was yesterday, and the same as he will be tommorrow.

Wells here a few things.

God makes the Jews fight wars with people to get land. Why couldn't he just give them Egypt?

He made them travel through the desert for 40 years. 40 YEARS!

There are many other things too.
 Acrylic
02-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
He made them travel through the desert for 40 years. 40 YEARS!

Do you even know WHY he made them walk for 40 years?

Because they were disobeying the 10 commandments.
 ZBomber
02-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Do you even know WHY he made them walk for 40 years?

Because they were disobeying the 10 commandments.

You also forgot to say that he was testing to se eif they could be the "Chosen people"

But 40 years? And when they do get to the promised land, he just kinda lays Moses off. He kills him right before the Jewish people get to the promised land......

Thats what I mean by kinda mean......
 Rogue Nine
02-28-2004, 12:24 AM
That's cuz Moses pissed God off by not following his commands to the letter. So God said, "You ain't getting into the promised land, Moses."

Simple as that.
 Acrylic
02-28-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
That's cuz Moses pissed God off by not following his commands to the letter. So God said, "You ain't getting into the promised land, Moses."

Simple as that.

Yes, thats what I meant. :)
 jokemaster
02-28-2004, 1:12 AM
And when they do get to the promised land, he just kinda lays Moses off. He kills him right before the Jewish people get to the promised land......

Dude, the guy lived for like over 100 years. He had to die SOMETIME!
 ZBomber
02-28-2004, 1:46 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Simple as that.

Why didn't he just kill all the other Jews then? They sinned way more then he did...... Seems kinda weir dto use him as a pawn, then just not even let him see his promised land.

Why are we turning this into a debate anyways?
 Acrylic
02-28-2004, 2:39 AM
Why didn't he just kill all the other Jews then? They sinned way more then he did...... Seems kinda weir dto use him as a pawn, then just not even let him see his promised land.

Why are we turning this into a debate anyways?

Well, if its gonna debate, maybe it should get moved into the Senate Chambers.
 obi
02-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Yea, If it's debate, to the senate chambers, you must take it.

*realized he just talked like Yoda*

:eek:

Anyway, God told Moses to talk to a rock to get some water.

Moses hit it with a stick.

Then, God said :disaprove
 toms
03-01-2004, 10:53 AM
i'm pretty keen to see this. Whether it is good or not, it should definately be interesting. I've never got the whole anti-semetic arguement at all, that is like saying that allt he films with Nazis as bad guys are going to cause violence against germans. :rolleyes:

Gibson himself does seem a bit weird to me though. He isn't a catholic, he is a part of a small religious group (cult?) that believes amongst other things that the current pope is a heretic and that most catholic teaching after a certain date is wrong. Not sure on the details.

I think his dad said that the holocaust was exagerated and Mel refused to disagree. He also said that his wife (who is church of england) is a better and more "good" person than him, but she is going to hell because of her beliefs.

He seems to have lost it a little bit. Interested to watch the film when it comes out though...
 Astrotoy7
03-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Yes, Mel Gibson is a fruit loop and a disgrace to our nation(Australia)..... there's nothing we hate more when an actor/singer goes off and comes back sporting an accent, Mels got to the corniest hollywood accent ever. That 60 minute interview just showed him up for exactkly what he was...a deluded fool.

Gibson's father is also 'two bobs short of a quid', and it is true he has 'revisionist' views about the Holocaust, though when pressed about his father, Mel cleverly backs away because being anti-semitic in Hollywood wouldn't go down well at all.....

I wont see the film in the theatres, but I will see it when it hits dvd most likely. I am of islamic heritage, but I really do not practise it to any degree. I believe Jesus was a special individual for his time, and dont need to ascribe anything beyond that to him to have a tremendous respect for his ideals. I do have problems with most forms of organised religion as I believe it is a breeding ground of intolerance and zealoutry. Al Queda promotes themselves as a religious group, as does the KKK, theyre both a pack of criminals looking for justification in the wrong place.

I do feel sad for the lady though. Rogue Nine, have you lost the plot recently(from reading you other posts today). I don't find the news of anyone's death amusing, and I'm sure many would concur with me on that. I'm sure you wouldn't have the giggles if it was your mother/grandmother, irony or not

MTFBWYA
 Astrotoy7
03-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by GothiX
I saw the movie, didn't pay much attention. Two girls next to me, Dimmu Borgir playing on my discman.

ah, the joys of being a teenager. Make sure you get your momz to wash your sheets this weekend... j/k

MTFBWYA
Page: 2 of 2