Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Buying GF

Page: 1 of 1
 LeChucks Pizza
02-25-2004, 7:13 PM
I was thinking of buying Grim Fandango for years now and I was wondering if it was worth it? I've heard a lot about it but I heard the game was really short I'm a fan of mi and sam and max so is the game similar or is it different?:p
 SlipGun
02-25-2004, 7:42 PM
The gameplay (keyboard controls, 3D environment) is the same as EMI, but the storyline is simply the best, the cutscenes have the power to rival the best films and the characters and dialogue are the most memorable I've ever seen in a game or movie. Jump on it, it's well worth your 10 bucks. It's been about 4 years since I first played the game and I still quote from it. The game isn't short at all, definitely not shorter than the MI games.
 Thrik
02-25-2004, 8:13 PM
Indeed - this game is the absolute epitome of brilliance. The characters, locations, events, plot, music and voices are all unbelievably memorable and the game will give you one of your best adventuring experiences yet - if not the best.

There's not many games which I can bear to completely replay at pretty regular intervals, but Grim Fandango is definitely one of them. I cannot stress enough just how much you should play this game.

Play it. Play it now.
 VampireNaomi
02-26-2004, 11:40 AM
There's pretty much nothing left to say after the comments by SlipGun and Thrik. Buy it!

Don't make the mistake I did, play it as soon as possible.
 LeChucks Pizza
02-26-2004, 2:46 PM
thanx for your advice i'll go and buy it at the weekend, i take it you can get it in game and hmv and stuff still i sometimes leave it to late and can't get a copy:)
 Thrik
02-26-2004, 6:21 PM
Maybe. If not, Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004WGW1/escapemonkeyisla) has it, and eBay generally has a few copies knocking around.

It has been what is coming up to six years since the release though, so there is a high chance that lots of game stores won't have it in stock.
 SlipGun
02-26-2004, 8:58 PM
I don't think the jewel case has the little instruction booklet. You could grab it from this link (http://www.replacementdocs.com/docs/PC/Grim%20Fandango%20-%20Manual.pdf) if you like (3.6 MB)
 Udvarnoky
02-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by SlipGun
I don't think the jewel case has the little instruction booklet.

Just to confirm: it does not.
 CHAOSMAN
03-03-2004, 12:59 AM
i have a sealed boxed signed version of the game for sale if you are interested search for my thread for pictures its still for sale. Shoot me an email djnick33@cox.net
Page: 1 of 1