Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Installation problems

Page: 1 of 1
 MasterKazoom
02-19-2004, 6:13 AM
Hello!

I have problems with the installation of KOTOR. After 25% he wants to have the next cd for the file data3.cab. I give the directory of the disk and he seems to continue, but the process is cancelled with some error message. I will post the error message when I'm at home, but I didn't do anything wrong, I even tried copying the data3.cab to another directory on my harddisk, to no avail.
 clocs
02-19-2004, 11:28 AM
- Are you sure that it is the right cd (I know, kinda silly question, but it is possible!)?

- Do you have more than one CD drive? Try to put CD one into the first, CD two into the second one (If don't so forget this one)

- Is the CD clean?

- Close any other any applications (like Winamp) and don't look browse in your drives while installing! Just put in the CD and wait for the Setup askin for the 2nd CD. Don't touch anything while copying the files from CD! This can crash the installation

- Look if your CD Drive is not broken (or unplugged or sth. like that, but that's not really probably)

After we'll get that error message we'll be able to see what the problem is. Until then you can try the possible solutions above. But it seems, that there is a poblem with the CD.
 MasterKazoom
02-19-2004, 5:28 PM
Tried all these things for several hours (!!). Damn I want to play that game. I'm not a newbie to computers, but I can't figure out this problem. Still not at home, though. Tomorrow I'll post the message.
 MasterKazoom
02-21-2004, 5:02 PM
after continuing with the 2nd cd, this message appears:

Component: Cabs US
File Group:
File:
Error: Unerwarteter Fehler (Unexpected Error)

After that message the program is terminated.
Another text message appears, telling the user that a relaunch of the installation has been unsuccessful.
 MasterKazoom
02-28-2004, 1:41 PM
the problem is still there! Could someone help me?
 clocs
02-29-2004, 8:59 AM
You don't have a illegal copy, do you?

If you do, then I think the moderators will kick you out very soon from this forum.

If don't, then excuse me, because your message says sth. about 'Cabs US' and then it talks German. Of course different languages don't match, it is possible that these Internet-Crackers mixed German and US Version. If you have an original Version, then try to give it back and get a new one. Have you bought it in Ebay?
 MasterKazoom
02-29-2004, 3:28 PM
No, I bought it from a store in our city. Thank you.
 Anach
03-02-2004, 5:15 AM
take it back, get another, the disk is probably damaged, remember they produced bulk and not all cds are good.
 clocs
03-04-2004, 11:17 AM
yes, that's what I think too. And Sorry, if I was kind of offensive. But this really could be a problem.
Just go an swap it for another game version. If there's still a problem, tell us
Page: 1 of 1