Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help With Windows Please!

Page: 1 of 1
 Marcus(JSA)
02-19-2004, 4:33 AM
Hi All:

I have just got a server and now I want to run JKA in a Maximised Window but still be able to use my Rcon Unlimited, msn, etc very quickly just by reducing the Window. I have a Q3E minimizer but after several uses it screws up and I have to reboot JKA. :mad:

I have already gone into Properties > Shortcut > Run As... Maximised/Minimized - before you suggest that. :rolleyes:

No matter what I do the game loads automatically into a FULL screen! If anyone has any ideas or knows exactly what I need to do please could you Post a Reply stating how certain you are and instruct me what to do.

Many Thanks in Advance :p

PS: I have Windows XP home edition if that helps.
 Andy867
02-19-2004, 4:53 AM
there is a command called cl_allowaltenter 1 that allows you to switch JKA to a window so that you can do other things... best to set the resolution to 640x480 so that the window doesnt obscure your entire desktop.
 Marcus(JSA)
02-19-2004, 5:14 AM
there is a command called cl_allowaltenter 1 that allows you to switch JKA to a window so that you can do other things...

Thanks Andy, but:

*Do I enter this in console?

*Is it a bind?

*Once I enter it do I simply press Alt+Enter?

Sorry but I'm not too up on all the commands yet...I'm picking them up one at a time! :p

Thanx
 Rumor
02-19-2004, 5:25 AM
i bet i know whats wrong with the minimizer.

if you hit CTRL + Z again AFTER you have minimized then it will screw up your screen. close the game and the minimizer and restart them for it to work again. it happened to me a few times then i realized what it was.
 Marcus(JSA)
02-19-2004, 9:13 AM
Thanks Rumor, I was beginning to think somethink like that was happening.

Unfortunately it is pretty annoying when the Q3E goes funny and after restarting JKA a few times the computer needs to be reset because it too has had enough. It also messes with my msn, e-mails and other Server gadgets on the Taskbar. :mad:

If anyone knows of a minimizer better than v1.30 by Tim of UberGames please let me know.
Page: 1 of 1