Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This damn virus

Page: 1 of 1
 Kain
02-18-2004, 10:59 AM
I got a virus that makes my computer make noises everytime something gets minimized, maxed, closed, or when ever I move my mouse. Anyone know wtf it is so I can cure the bitch. Its really f'ing annoying.
 Astrotoy7
02-18-2004, 11:03 AM
has your anti virus software identified it..... which virus is it....?? do you know ??

MTFWBYA
 STTCT
02-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Also which system are you running XP?

I'd run some Serious Virus Scans and some ad identifing software.
 Kain
02-18-2004, 11:44 AM
See, if I had bothered to install some kind of virus-scan software, I probably wouldn't be having this problem. Dumb on my part, for sure. But then again, I never had to deal with a virus like this.
 Sivy
02-18-2004, 11:52 AM
a virus that makes wierd noises? thats odd.

you sure you just haven't choosen a different theme

goto 'control panel' and 'sounds and audio devices', click on the 'sounds' tabs and see what theme you got going.
 Astrotoy7
02-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Kain
See, if I had bothered to install some kind of virus-scan software, I probably wouldn't be having this problem. Dumb on my part, for sure. But then again, I never had to deal with a virus like this.

Kain, you remind me of trent reznor(remembering your pic), and thats cool, but how can you run a pc(online) and not have any AV software....thats just silly !! you can get older versions of AV software as freeware in pc mags or as downloads, or im sure a friend could set you up with something....

ok, your options are :
*get some antivirus software, see if that finds it and fixes it(it most likely would, as windows still seems to be running)

or, more drastically...

*use a backup or recovery disk and reinstall windows/whatever platform you run, in the process (potnetially)losing all/some of your precious files.....

MTFBWYA
 STTCT
02-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Many viruses can cause this kind of problem. I'd check out the ads and see if you can get a copy of Norton or McAffee sometimes they have them with Rebates where you get them free....

well when they eventually send you your check for your rebate...you know after 3 MONTHS!! THANK YOU OFFICEMAX!
 Alegis
02-18-2004, 1:05 PM
AVG antivirus is free for example, and you can run an online test at symantec.com (though it only identifies them, does not remove em)
 Kain
02-18-2004, 4:30 PM
My dad has McAfee and my brother-in-laws mother has Norton, so it'll get fixed soon enough. Its just a wierd bugger noise that JUST started about 18 hours ago(I've slept since then BTW, I'm no wierdo).

And the sounds are kinda like the sounds to Space Invaders or some wierd Atari game.
 Astrotoy7
02-18-2004, 7:24 PM
Originally posted by Kain
My dad has McAfee and my brother-in-laws mother has Norton, so it'll get fixed soon enough. Its just a wierd bugger noise that JUST started about 18 hours ago(I've slept since then BTW, I'm no wierdo).

yeah, not like that damn IG-64 who couldnt stop crying after he messed up his boot screen... ;p (j/k IG.....if I had buggered up my laptop, which I dont actually own, I wouldnt be fully pleased till I fixed it either... ) ...i hope that doesnt make me a weirdo though, just scared of losing money if I had to give it back to get fixed....

ah well. sounds like things will be ok...

hurrah !

MTFBWYA
 XERXES
02-18-2004, 7:28 PM
Maybe you or somebody else changed the theme on your PC. I went on my old roomies PC last year and changed his sounds around so basically any action he did on his PC made some retarted sound.
 STTCT
02-19-2004, 4:44 AM
maybe your computer is an old atari system....I wouldn't order from Gateway ever again!
 Jedi_Vogel
02-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
I went on my old roomies PC last year and changed his sounds around so basically any action he did on his PC made some retarted sound.

That's mean :P

But quite funny :lol:
 Kain
02-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Nah it isn't the sounds. Just checked em. My computers gone Atari and I can't remove the cartridge. Damn stick. Gotta call my dad...
 Chewbacco
02-19-2004, 5:30 PM
Is that it?
 Acrylic
02-19-2004, 5:39 PM
"this damn virus, he played one, he played nik nak on my thumb"

Uhm...sorry to hear about the virus. :(
 Joetheeskimo
02-19-2004, 8:46 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic

:rofl:

Well, it sounds like he's going to fix it.
 Darth-Bane
02-19-2004, 8:53 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic

with a nick nack pattywack, give dat dog a bone, that damn virus went rolling home
 Acrylic
02-19-2004, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by Darth-Bane
with a nick nack pattywack, give dat dog a bone, that damn virus went rolling home

Exactlish
 Kain
02-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Well, it sounds like he's going to fix it.

I'm gonna fix it good...*hammer in hand*
Page: 1 of 1