Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Behind a Router

Page: 1 of 1
 asd23
02-16-2004, 5:54 PM
Hi,
Im using a Zonet lan wireless router, my computer is connected with a cable, but my dad use it to connect to its laptop, i hate this router, i cant do anything, cant host servers or play CS or anything, im so pissed off, like you could put me into a nuthouse, could anyone tell me what do i have to set up for it to work? When i try to make a server it says that cant open udp ports, opened them, still nothing, the outer ip is forwarded directly to my computer and it still doesnt work, and when i make a server the game is under local and [UDP] is behind it, im not a n00b at servers, im a n00b at making them!
 Alegis
02-16-2004, 6:53 PM
Hey,

I got a router as well and i'm able to host games. If you're behind a router, it doesn't mean you can't host BUT

the port is different

but
you say the game gets listed under LOCAL and UDP behind it, this is perfectly normal, because YOU see it as a local server. You don't have to connect to the internet to get to your server, since it's on your local pc you have direct access to it. To others it will apear in internet because they have to connect trough internet
 asd23
02-16-2004, 7:03 PM
Well yeah, my dad told me that too, but when i give my IP to someone, they still cant join, i know its POSSIBLE to make a server behind a router. But what do you mean by the port is different? I have to open UDP ports 29070-29079 right?
 Threepsnud
07-09-2004, 6:17 AM
Yeh, I'm having trouble with a router. What ports do I open, and what type? (UDP) or (TCP) or what?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by asd23
Well yeah, my dad told me that too, but when i give my IP to someone, they still cant join, i know its POSSIBLE to make a server behind a router. But what do you mean by the port is different? I have to open UDP ports 29070-29079 right?

And also 29060-29062.
 Kurgan
07-17-2004, 3:57 PM
To get JA to work with mine I had to open 29060-29099 UDP & TCP. That may sound extreme, but it got the job done. So if the above doesn't work, try that. ; )

And open your DMZ too!
Page: 1 of 1