Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Babylon 5 space combat game...

Page: 1 of 1
 toms
02-16-2004, 11:34 AM
I don't know if anyone out there was a fan of babylon 5, and always wished they could fly a starfury, but i just came across a FREE fan made babylon 5 space combat game.

Its a 220Mb download, so i havn't got to try it yet, but for a fan made game it definatley looks like it might be worth a try.

I was looking foreward to the Into the Fire games that got cancelled a few years ago, but this looks at least as good.

Newtonian physics should be interesting...

If i ever get it downloaded then i might rememebr to post my opinions...

http://ifh.firstones.com/)
 Astrotoy7
02-16-2004, 11:56 AM
I love Star Wars, I didnt mind Trek - The Next Gen on TV, but B5 is a line of geekiness that I WILL NOT PASS .......

MTFBWYA
 The_One
02-16-2004, 1:29 PM
Babylon 5 is, without a doubt, the greatest Science Fiction show ever made. All those who watched every single episode through to the end usually agree. It had a brilliant story, and served a purpose - it had a ton of messages throughout its five year arc, and is extremely well written. Yes, it has a few problems, and there are a few questionable episodes, but it's far superior to the competition.

Anyone who knows what they're talking about will realise that my name is, in fact, derived from Babylon 5 ;)

Anyway, I've been following IFH for a few years now, and when it was released a month or so ago the B5 community was ecstatic :D It really is a great game, but the newtonian physics take a while to get used to. Best of all, though, it's free!

Can you tell I like B5? :p
 toms
02-16-2004, 2:50 PM
i'm not that obsessed with it, but the starfuries always struck me as cool and it's space battles were leagues better than star trek (or even episode 1) so it should be a cool game.

As for geekiness, i'm only about 40% geek, but i would have thought B5 ranked way below Star Trek in terms of geekiness. After all, it had well written plots with dark, realistic characters rather than the cheesy, cookie cutter goodie too-shoes characters from star trek.

It was unfortunate that the star trek lot played dirty and blackmailed a lot of stations into pulling it, meaning it never had the money to pull off some of it's ideas. It was also a massive shame that after building up a 5 year story arc for 3 years they were told they only had one year left... so they crammed 2 years into 1... then they got another year so the 5th year had to be made up on the spot.

Anyway, even those who might think Star Trek is cooler than B5 would have to realise that without B5 the star trek series would still be using models instead of Computer graphics and things like DS9 wouldn't even exist.

However, Star Trek is the line of geekiness that I won't cross...:D

Game still looks cool though (which is more than you can say for most Star Trek or Star Wars games.... :D )
 ExcelsioN
02-16-2004, 4:11 PM
I've never sat and watched an episode of any star-space-ship things. In fact, I rarely watch any episode things. But I'll give it a try anyways.
 DarkLord60
02-16-2004, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
I love Star Wars, I didnt mind Trek - The Next Gen on TV, but B5 is a line of geekiness that I WILL NOT PASS .......

MTFBWYA

Haha I will have to agree with you on that one.
 JediLiberator
02-17-2004, 2:46 PM
Played the game. Ahh newtonian space flight. With guns and missiles. Excellent. Now if only they let you fly the thunderbolt fighter. That would be sweet.
Page: 1 of 1