Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I need a techie to help me

Page: 1 of 1
 BongoBob
02-16-2004, 8:36 AM
Ok, I just fixed my radient problems, and put the entity files for JA into the old radient, but now I have a new problem. I made a test for a map project that me and IG-64 are working on, and I had a problem. The dos menu thiny came up and then went away immediately. It didn't do anything. The only thing that I can think of is that when I installed and configured the Borland C++ program to "run from the command line", it screwed it up somehow.

NOw I know about the easy way out of this(HD reformat), but I can't do that for another good month or so. I need some help. Badly. The Borland C++ thingy I downloaded can be found here...

Clicky (http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html)
It is the Compiler one.

Exerpt from teh readme:
2. From the bin directory of your installation:
a. Add "c:\Borland\Bcc55"
to the existing path
b. Create a bcc32.cfg file which will set
the compiler options for the Include
and Lib paths (-I and -L switches to
compiler) by adding these lines:
-I"c:\Borland\Bcc55\include"
-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib"
c. Create an ilink32.cfg file which will set
the linker option for the Lib path by
adding this line:
-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib"

I also did this...
Under Windows NT/2000: Open the System Properties dialog box. This is done by simultaneously pressing Windows and Pause keys or by clicking on Start, Configuration, Control Panel, System.
There we go to Advanced, Environment Variables..., where the different environment variables will be shown, we will press on the one called Path and we will click on edit, where -without erasing the previous content- we will add a point-and-comma sign at the end (;) followed by the directory:
C:\BORLAND\BCC55\BIN
(replacing C:\BORLAND\BCC55 by our base directory

Please help me anyone with computer skill :(
 MennoniteHobbit
02-16-2004, 6:48 PM
Well, I think I can help you with the Borland C++ part. I use Borland a lot in my programming free time...
 BongoBob
02-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Borland aint the problem, it's the effects of it(I think that it's the problem)
 BongoBob
02-17-2004, 12:57 AM
:o
NM, we're just gonna do a total reformat later on either tonight or tomarrow.
Page: 1 of 1