Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can anyone help me with JK2/JA modeling?

Page: 1 of 1
 sith_master2000
02-16-2004, 5:38 AM
For a while I've been trying to edit models in JK2 and JA and all I know what to do is import the model.glm change it to what I want then export it. One of the problems is that I'm not sure what to export it to. The program I use is called Milkshape 1.7.0, if anyone can write me a short tutorial or give me a tutorial please let me know, also don't send me the one from polycount, I used it once before and didn't understand it very well, since I'm new at modeling and stuff I don't know how to use programs other than Milkshape, anyone that can give me a hand you wouldn't know how greatful I would be :D .
 Crow_Nest
02-16-2004, 12:10 PM
You should have better luck in the modeling/skinning forums. :)
 sith_master2000
02-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Crow_Nest, it looks like the host(s) at Lucasforums have moved my thread into the modeling section so thanks for that :) . Now I should have more luck in getting some help! Once again, anyone who can help I would greatly appreciate it (I'm not sure if that's how you spell it.) Thanks again ;) .
 Lil Killa
02-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Well if it's a player model you're going to have to wait for Milkshape 2.x.x for vertex weighting...

If it's a saber model then go here (http://psynex-land.com/saber%20tutorial/Custom%20JA%20Sabers.html)

If it's a weapons model then follow the above tutotrial but open a weapon up and see what tags you need to use..
 sith_master2000
02-24-2004, 12:39 AM
.That's a major bummer! :mad: :mad: :mad: . I'm making a player model! But thanks for your info anyway. I wish they'd hurry up and make it. I can't wait any longer :o ! Still i was planning on making a saber model sometime so thanks for that.
 Lil Killa
02-24-2004, 2:19 AM
If you can get someone to get it in game for you you could have it done sooner than you think :) Best thing to do probably would be to go to the showcase forum and set up a thread showing off you model.. If someone likes it and wants to help get it in game then you could have it in game by the end of next month.
 sith_master2000
02-25-2004, 1:05 AM
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try sometime next week, you've been a real help thanks a lot :D ! Still it will be good when Milkshape 2.x.x actually does come out but till then I will try your theory. Thanks again.
Page: 1 of 1