Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Female PC

Page: 1 of 1
 Nequam
02-15-2004, 9:50 PM
After plenty of meddling around and trial and error, I've finally managed to get my female PC into KOTOR without replacing any of the stock heads. Thanks goes out to Talchia for the 2DA editing tutorial, and Kitty Kitty, whose own female PC mod I looked at extensively to figure out the bits I didn't understand... :)

I've included a full set of portraits, some modified body skins (to match skin tone) and some less... vibrant... dark side undies.

New Female PC 0.8 (http://publish.uwo.ca/~achan37/kotor/NewFemPC_0.8.zip) (Link Updated!)

Screenshots here:
New Female PC - Light Side (http://members.rogers.com/garuda43/kotor/femalepc-l.jpg)
New Female PC - Dark Side (http://members.rogers.com/garuda43/kotor/femalepc-d.jpg)

I'll work on adding a new male PC as well, since we seem to have a serious lack of those...
 T7nowhere
02-16-2004, 1:19 AM
I really like the new female head, She fits the darkside perfectly. Do you plan on making a male one. If you do could you add some color to the Tatoo's. Some red, purple or black.

I don't know how difficult it is for you to do this as I have little if any artistic talent, but if you can do that would be awesome.

:maul5:
 Sunslayer
02-16-2004, 1:33 AM
That's pretty cool, I like the idea with having tatoos as you get to the dark side.

That'd be cool to add a sith forehead tatoo like Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma had... :)

He T7, do you think it'd work to add say, a Trandoshan to the portrait selection, and then play as a Trandoshan while being able to wear armor and have it show?
 lord_blodgett
02-16-2004, 2:22 AM
Awesome job. I love the tattoos. Lord knows if I had that DS skin condition, I'd go for something to cover it up! :D
 Nequam
02-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Darn, I've reached the monthly transfer quota for my webspace... =P I was hoping it'd last a bit longer.

I need someplace to stick my files. Can anyone help? :eek:
 lord_blodgett
02-16-2004, 12:52 PM
This thread says something about hosting files:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...threadid=122825)

you may want to check it out.

(I spend way to much time here. :eek:)
 lord_blodgett
02-16-2004, 1:17 PM
Question: I'm looking at the 2da files for this in order to combine them with Kitty Kitty's excellent new female.

I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the correct lines but thought I would verify which lines to copy from one to the other. You added the following lines correct?

appearance.2da - 509 to 511
heads - 107
portraits - 41

If I copy these out into the ones from her files, this should make them compatible, yes?
 Nequam
02-16-2004, 1:51 PM
Yep. Just make sure you watch out for the line number changes.

Since Kitty Kitty already uses lines 509-511 (Appearance), 107 (Heads), 41 (Portraits), mine would have to become 512-514, 108, and 42, respectively.

Once that happens, all you need to do is change the existing line references to point to the new locations.

So in Appearances.2da: change my "normalhead" values from 107 to 108, and in Portraits.2da: change my appearance numbers from 509-511 to 512-514.

And voila -- two new female PCs to use! :)
 Nequam
02-16-2004, 2:02 PM
Alright, I've found a new home for my files... hopefully this one will last.
 lord_blodgett
02-16-2004, 5:29 PM
Originally posted by Nequam
Yep. Just make sure you watch out for the line number changes.

Since Kitty Kitty already uses lines 509-511 (Appearance), 107 (Heads), 41 (Portraits), mine would have to become 512-514, 108, and 42, respectively.

Once that happens, all you need to do is change the existing line references to point to the new locations.

So in Appearances.2da: change my "normalhead" values from 107 to 108, and in Portraits.2da: change my appearance numbers from 509-511 to 512-514.

And voila -- two new female PCs to use! :)

Just got back from what was supposed to be a simple oil chage / tune up. $200 bucks and several hours later I can try it out. (Oh to be able to user Force Persuasion for real :D )

Thanks for the help. Missed the cross-references somehow :rolleyes: Oh to be allowed caffeine (sp?) again!

If it works, I'll see if I can get permission from Kitty Kitty, and you of course, to post it somewhere for those of us who have to have everything.
 CDRSeadog
02-16-2004, 10:37 PM
We must all be thinking along the same lines...I've been discussing combined Mods for some little time...with minor responses *chuckles*

I've modified the appearance.2da, the heads.2da, and the portraits.2da files so that I could use Nequam's new female PC mod - in conjunction with also being able to use KittyKitty's lovely female PC mod - with the final touch being modifications that should not only allow me to use either of these two excellent mods at will - BUT - I can also (theoretically) use Gameunlimited's excellent "Recruit Yuthura" Mod as well.

Just started a new (first for me) EVIL game with these Mods/modifications therof in place...in addition to utilizing Lil Jawa's "Darth Revan ReIncarnated" Mod; Hoa Binh's excellent "Romances" Mod; EidosPsogos's excellent "Overrides" Mod; T-7nowhere's magnificent LightSaber Mods (both of them, actually); and Shimaon's unique "Ancient Artifacts" Mod...I am most curious to see how this combination of Mods - along with my above-mentioned minor modifications and some game tweaking - turn out in real gameplay.

If I find I can play an entire game without any problem whatsoever - then I'll be glad to share my efforts - provided I can get permission from the respective Mod Developers to use their mods in an altered/combined fashion for community distribution :-)
 Nequam
02-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Well, you guys certainly have my blessing for sticking any of my mods into a combined pack. :)
 CDRSeadog
02-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Thank you, Nequam...that is very thoughtful of you...however - before I would even think of formally requesting permission from you, or any ofther Mod Developer - I have to put the combined efforts through the test by playing an entire game (from beginning to end) with them to try and ensure that the alterations would work.

Only then - and if there is any community interest - shall I send you an e-mail request, outlining not only what I'd like to do with your mod (s), but also asking for your permission at that time :-)

As a one of the Mod Developers whose mod I did alter - you are also perfectly welcomed to try my "tweaked files" out on your own machine - and in your own fashion. Should you be interested - let me know. NOTE: I will only share my little alterations with you, KittyKitty, and Gameunlimited until such time as these files are tested, and permissions are granted!!
 Slayne
02-17-2004, 12:23 AM
If you still need space, drop me a line or hit me on AIM and I'll host it for you. Should have more bandwidth to spare then the typical freebie space.
 lord_blodgett
02-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by CDRSeadog
We must all be thinking along the same lines...I've been discussing combined Mods for some little time...with minor responses *chuckles*

I've modified the appearance.2da, the heads.2da, and the portraits.2da files so that I could use Nequam's new female PC mod - in conjunction with also being able to use KittyKitty's lovely female PC mod - with the final touch being modifications that should not only allow me to use either of these two excellent mods at will - BUT - I can also (theoretically) use Gameunlimited's excellent "Recruit Yuthura" Mod as well.

Just started a new (first for me) EVIL game with these Mods/modifications therof in place...in addition to utilizing Lil Jawa's "Darth Revan ReIncarnated" Mod; Hoa Binh's excellent "Romances" Mod; EidosPsogos's excellent "Overrides" Mod; T-7nowhere's magnificent LightSaber Mods (both of them, actually); and Shimaon's unique "Ancient Artifacts" Mod...I am most curious to see how this combination of Mods - along with my above-mentioned minor modifications and some game tweaking - turn out in real gameplay.

If I find I can play an entire game without any problem whatsoever - then I'll be glad to share my efforts - provided I can get permission from the respective Mod Developers to use their mods in an altered/combined fashion for community distribution :-)

Hmm... I must have logged off too soon. I am currently on Dantooine with a fair chunk of the above mod's. I did try reloading an old save game with Yuthara in it and ran into a possible glitch, which I'm hoping is just from save games. We'll see. (I can get through the entire game in three to four nights if no one bugs me. Amazing what you can skip if you find it too boring.)
 T7nowhere
02-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by lord_blodgett
Hmm... I must have logged off too soon. I am currently on Dantooine with a fair chunk of the above mod's. I did try reloading an old save game with Yuthara in it and ran into a possible glitch, which I'm hoping is just from save games. We'll see. (I can get through the entire game in three to four nights if no one bugs me. Amazing what you can skip if you find it too boring.)

If you skip all but main quest you can fly though the game. I have finished KotOR 5 1/2 hours. :) skipped all side quests and just ignored my crew.
 CDRSeadog
02-17-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm back to the file analysis stage already *chuckles*...and I'm beginning to have the suspicion that KoTOR has a limit of exactly 107 heads allowed into the game...my reasoning??

Well - I had little problem modifying the appearance/portraits/heads files...but I've discovered a glitch...it seems whatever head is loaded into slot 107 of the heads.2da file is the head that shows up for both KittyKitty's female PC mod...and Nequam's new female PC mod - meaning the portraits show from both mods - but no head beyond slot 107 shows up at all *sighs*

Maybe I'm missing something (I've been working all day here with the worst influenza contracted in more than a few years) - but I've tried everything to correct the problem to no avail - whatever head is loaded in slot 107 shows up for both mods (and yes, I have switched the heads around - I either get a dark haired and an auburn haired lady portrait with the auburn haired temptress' head showing for both, or vice versa) and the head loaded into slot 108 never appears.

Can't be a matter of changing the texture filenames - as neither mod uses the same texture names...or (now) allocated file slots...just seems to be totally a matter of how many heads the game allows for :-)
 lord_blodgett
02-17-2004, 1:10 AM
Yeah, but I gm a pnp SW game and am working on rewriting the Force rules. (What can I say? I thought they were wrong when I bought the game, it's just taking a while to get them into shape.)

Add in the AD&D (yes, AD&D 2nd Ed. :rolleyes: ) campaign I'm working on and the various Poser projects, that leaves me with about an hour for computer games. And I like to divide up my time between KotoR and NWN (tho' lately I'm favoring KotoR as the NWN stuff is getting to time consuming).
 gameunlimited
02-17-2004, 3:20 AM
Originally posted by lord_blodgett
I did try reloading an old save game with Yuthara in it and ran into a possible glitch, which I'm hoping is just from save games.

I just updated a new version of Yuthura mod which might solve some problem. One of the problem that is fixed is when you go back to Korriban after you recruit Yuthura, not now more. It is under the same file name in my site.

CDR:

I have been thinking about this combined mod, specifically when you said that we should be able to select which mods are to be used in a new game. I can't find any solution to that since to do that, we have to be able to modify files from using ingame scripts. I don't think that is possible. Only way to do this is to create a small standalone program that we can run before playing kotor, then we select the mods from there.

I am interested with the progress of this mod. Where can I find this combined mod of yours? If possible and if needed, I can help you too with this.

Great job!
 CDRSeadog
02-17-2004, 1:52 PM
I would be glad to share my efforts to date with you, Gameunlimited...

Just give me an e-mail address - and I will promptly send you not only the three modified files - but also an explanation of what I did to modify the files...how I loaded them up...and what ways I tried to find to correct the problem noted :-)
 lord_blodgett
02-17-2004, 2:14 PM
Originally posted by gameunlimited
I just updated a new version of Yuthura mod which might solve some problem. One of the problem that is fixed is when you go back to Korriban after you recruit Yuthura, not now more. It is under the same file name in my site.Great job!

Never had that the problem this says it fixes. (I've always made freinds with Yuthara before going to the test).

What I got was a different portrait for Yuthura. Actually what I go was Kitty Kitty's portrait for Yuthura. Not sure why. I double checked the lines in both files and everything looks good. Haven't gotten to Korriban yet to see if it happens again.

I downloaded the latest version before reloading the savegame and updating the files as well (without realizing too) as I had already burned them to CD to save space.
 AKira Core
02-19-2004, 5:06 PM
btw i got the yors and kitis heds working budefly grete job man
Page: 1 of 1