Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Bast Castle SIEGE

Page: 2 of 2
 monsoontide
02-29-2004, 2:49 PM
Just wondering how the game went the other night?
 lauser
03-01-2004, 5:00 PM
MONSOON. Looks like our SIEGE map is not going as well as I expected it to since you obviously have more time to map than we do. I am now asking you if you want to collaborate on the ENDOR SIEGE map. What do you think? I can send you our map file and the NEW models we have for the map also. I think we have a good version, maybe have a look. :)
 Andy867
03-02-2004, 2:18 AM
Well, I had the server up for almost 36 hours, but it seems like people either didnt have the files, or timed out. I tested the server with another map and people could join fine.. So I am not sure what the problem is.. perhaps more beta testers are needed for those who can't make it.

The server is up at the moment :

24.217.133.29:29071

Only 6 people though (like last time)

plus I noticed an error when first booting up

info_saga_objective doesnt have a spawn function ?? ///perhaps leftover code from the SAGA map for Jedi Outcast??
 monsoontide
03-02-2004, 4:05 AM
There is still a SAGA_OBJECTIVE entity in the map that I haven't been able to find.

I've sorted out the problem with the mic_model_statics - it seems they need to be in the same pk3 as the map or else the game can't find them. So the file will get a bit bigger still!

Theres another error on starting - something about 67 over 64... not sure what it means though.
 monsoontide
03-02-2004, 4:30 AM
OK I've been trying to join the server and I keep getting

ERROR:
Couldn'tl load maps/mp/siege_bastcastle.bsp

Not sure what's going on. I've probably updated or changed my .pk3 file.

Perhaps something is missing from the pk3 file?
 Andy867
03-02-2004, 4:46 AM
did you put the pk3s into a specific folder, cuz I have them in the base folder, for testing purposes, I could put them into a "mod-like" folder called bastcastle and put all the pk3s there and tell the server to launch with a +set fs_game bastcastle and then make a .bat file for testers to use which would launch them into the game and have them automatically join the server?
 monsoontide
03-02-2004, 5:24 AM
Just in the "base" folder with all the others. Could be a conflict between the one in the base/maps/mp folder and the one in the pk3 file.
 ace_rogue1
03-02-2004, 6:28 AM
*waves hand infront of moon and andy*
"you will tell me the url of the bast castles download!"

hmmmm id happily help out, ive seen the server, though never any1 on it, maybe u need more ppl just so it can be tested more! :cool:
 Andy867
03-02-2004, 6:40 AM
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded"

"...Jedi tricks do notta work on me, only money."
 monsoontide
03-02-2004, 3:09 PM
Not sure what's going on... perhaps some missing file somewhere.
I'm going to check against the newly released Star Destroyer SIege map and see what I can come up with.

Can you do some checking at your end?

Also do you mind if I give the URL for the download to my regular tester?

Thanks
 Andy867
03-02-2004, 4:04 PM
No I do not mind, I figure that might be the easiest way to be sure that there isnt anything wrong with the map or server (by having more beta testers). My guess is that since you said that you had fixed the broken shaders and such, your game isnt able to find the pk3 with the exact file size as the one on the server.
 wedge2211
03-02-2004, 4:05 PM
One of the older versions of Radiant (I forget whether it was Gtk or...GASP...JK2) had an entity key find/replace feature. So you could search for all ents with classname info_saga_objective and track down that sucker.
 monsoontide
03-02-2004, 6:44 PM
After work tonight, I'll retore the pk3 I sent you from CD and see if I can get it to work. (I'm pretty sure my .pk3 currently has more stuff in it than the one I sent you).

And I'll get my tester onto it as well (He's had a broken shoulder for a bit...)

I've gotta find that find/replace for entites feature - it's there for textures. GTK Radiant needs a few more ways to select specific stuff. Gues I'm just missing the obvious - can't see the wood for the trees... ;)
 monsoontide
03-03-2004, 6:16 AM
OK original (The one I sent you) pk3 restored - let me know next time you have the server up - I looked tonight but it wasn't on.

Thanks
 Andy867
03-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Well, the server is up, but I put it into a special bastcastle folder in the gamedata folder to separate it from other files and to create less of a compatibility issue. All you need to do is make a folder in gamedata called bastcastle, put all the pk3s from the bastcastle.zip in there, and then just run jamp.exe and go to setup, mods and click bastcastle, and then join my server, which is up and will be up most of the day and night.
 monsoontide
03-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Will try it when I get home from work.
 reapa
03-03-2004, 11:40 PM
oooo so now that ur testing does this mean it will be released relatively soon? Its great that this map is commin out, and I really appreciate u makin this map, keep up the good work and I hope to see more siege maps from you in the future.

Reapa
 monsoontide
03-04-2004, 2:16 PM
Hi Andy867,

I put the pk3 in the bastcastle gamedata folder and loaded it as a mod and...

SUCCESS!!!!! :D

I was able to join the server last night (As Sevis). However, it seemed that no-one else who tried could (Either they don't have the map or they didn't set it up properly).
I don't think it needs to be in a mod folder - I just had a different sized .pk3 in my base folder.

Anyway, I made use of the spectator time to check out which textures were missing and where there were any f-ups (Mostly in the rocks.

I've been working on setting up the Sith team spawn points to turn on and off depending on what objectives have been completed. Gets a little complicated!
Also, I'm trying to set it up so you start in game rather than in spectator mode.

Now all we need is a few more people to test it.
Do you have a list of who has it and if they're having problems?
 reapa
03-04-2004, 7:37 PM
Hey Monsoontide,

So you need some testers eh? that what you're saying? If so I would be happy to be one of those few lucky people. Ill PM you.
 ace_rogue1
03-05-2004, 7:35 AM
i 2 would happily sacrifice my time to beta test this map
 monsoontide
03-05-2004, 3:01 PM
Well, last night Andy867 and I were able to have a game - but it needed a few more players to really test it.
FOund a couple more missing textures and worked out a couple of changes to implement though.

Since it's Andy's server though, I will ask him first about picking Beta testers.

Then I'll post a note in the appropriate forum.
 monsoontide
03-05-2004, 7:43 PM
Testing positions now open :)

Please see the Beta Testing Forum for details...
(Responses posted in this thread will be ignored)
 monsoontide
03-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Beta testing is about to go ahead, so keep a watch of the progress in the Beta Testing forum!
 monsoontide
03-24-2004, 5:16 PM
The first BETA TEST is over and I've been busy reworking the map as a result of the feedback.

For more info on the changes and some screenshots of the new stuff, check out http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1484327)
Page: 2 of 2