Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where will your allegiance lie. . .?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth MarcII
02-15-2004, 5:41 AM
So, it's been revealed that there will be four basic groups :

Rebel Alliance, Imperial Army, Clone Army and Droid Army

It's too early to get into specifics regarding class(pilot, base trooper). . .etc, but what basic group do you think you'll ally yourself with?

My sig, pretty much gives mine away.:D
 XMajor
02-15-2004, 6:41 AM
Imperial all the way here. But to be successful you gotta switch up the classes for different situations. Like if you need heavy weapons to take out a turret be a pilot or heavy trooper, or if there are infantry far away but you know they're there be a scout and snipe them. I've been playing Galactic Conquest for a few days, it'll have to due for now until this game comes out.
 Wai_TungLeung
02-15-2004, 11:03 AM
My allegiance is with any group, I'll just fill in the gaps if the team numbers are unfair.

As for class, yeah I agree with XMajor, all depends on the situation. Mostly I will lend support to other players.
 Pie™
02-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Clone jetpack trooper is gonna be sweet! :D
 ExcelsioN
02-15-2004, 1:01 PM
I'll side with the team thats outnumbered the most - like I do on BF1942.
 dark jedi 8
02-15-2004, 1:52 PM
it doesn't really matter to me. but the republic gunship and droideka look really cool, so i might try prequal era first.
 Swoosh
02-15-2004, 4:08 PM
I don't think I'll have much of an allegiance...All of the armies sounds pretty cool to me. I want to experience all of them equally.

swoosh
 eastcoast2895
02-15-2004, 9:43 PM
of course i'm going to play all of them, but right now the clone army has looks to have my favorite ship and specialty trooper (republic gunship and the jet pack trooper).
 Darth MarcII
02-16-2004, 3:45 AM
I'll play all of them too, but the clonetroopers just are my favorites.
 garmbel
02-16-2004, 8:49 AM
Rebels and the republic all the way
{ except when im in a mood the imperials will do fine }
 Alegis
02-16-2004, 3:19 PM
Clone army, second choice; the rebels
 dj_raider
02-16-2004, 8:23 PM
Clone Army all the way baby...!
 Thrawn
02-17-2004, 1:24 AM
Republic for prequel era
Imps for classic era:)
 wistol
02-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Kreetles
 DJ Adi
02-17-2004, 3:38 PM
Long Live Empire! However in several occasions such as the hoths battle I will also take over Rebel side to fly the Speeder and tie AT-AT's legs it's gonna be a whole lot of fun. :)

As to the newer times I am going for the clones. I hate droids.
 Mountainforest
02-26-2004, 7:06 PM
The Clone army!

But that doesn't mean that that will be the only side I'll play.
 Dr.Davidson
02-26-2004, 8:19 PM
For the Rebellion I live, for the Rebellion I shalt die!

Second choice is Republic.

Of course only as long as it is balanced. I will also play Imperial and Droids somewhen surely just to try out, but as long as I can choose freely... see above. :D
 joesdomain
02-26-2004, 9:34 PM
My first choice would be Empire and second choice is Rebels. I can't wait to play as a Imperial Scout Trooper or a Imperial Officer. To ride a Imperial Speeder Bike through Endor.
 Taran'atar
03-01-2004, 8:57 PM
I don't have much interest in that prequel stuff. Clones and droids are boring as hell. They're just mindless automatons. They don't even have any cool vehicles. If I buy Battlefront, I'll probably just stick with original trilogy maps.

Given the choice, I'd join the Rebels, but if the Imperials are badly outnumbered I'd join them too.
 Master Davio
03-03-2004, 11:52 AM
I definitely want to be the clone army cos of the republic gunship!
But i would like to see what they make the droid armies vehcials they do seem the hardest to desighn for.
:explode:
:r2d22:
:wstupid:
 Glacius1
03-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Rebels. Definately going to make use of guerilla tactics. However I see a problem that was confirmed by the recent poll at lucasarts.com. Noone is going to play federation. You see, Im a good guy, I play the good guys in all games because I like to defeat evil forces.

So I will play Rebels and Republic because they are the 'good guys'. The problem is all the people who plan to play mostly Imperial Forces, will switch to republic when on the respective maps because they want to be clones and not droids. Leaving a Majorly under strength side. Because you will have the people who play the 'good guys' all the time, plus the the people who hop from 'bad guys' because they like the clone troopers better.

I wanted to think I was just being silly at first, but the poll at la.com pretty much confirmed that I was right on.
 Taran'atar
03-06-2004, 11:54 PM
^ Little nitpick: The Republics clone armies are not the good guys. They're just pawns in Palpatines plan to take control of the Republic. The clones were/will be at least partly responsible for exterminating the Jedi and installing Palpatine as the Emperor.

If you want to play "good guys" the Rebels are the only group that qualifies.
 lukeiamyourdad
03-07-2004, 4:17 AM
You forget the droideka. People are going to want to play as them. Besides, there's always an auto-blance thingie that'll balance things out.
 Miko Reglia
03-07-2004, 6:25 AM
Either the Rebels or the Republic...

Rebels because they have all the cool ships like the X-Wing and such, the Republic just because of all the clones, and let's just say after watching the episodes of "The Clone Wars" on Cartoon Network, it really did show how good the clones really are.:)
 Glacius1
03-07-2004, 6:39 AM
Im sure I will switch to federation on occasions just to play as a droideka. I was overjoyed when I found out they were in the game. Plus those federation tanks look pretty nasty:elephant:
 lukeiamyourdad
03-07-2004, 10:24 PM
LucasArts Poll (http://www.lucasarts.com/poll/LAFrontPageInstantPollResults.jsp)

I guess it sums up everything quite easily.
 oback
03-07-2004, 11:39 PM
i will deffinatly want to be the droid army all the time. I love the droidika and the standard soldier, they have the best army in star wars!!! :bdroid2:
 Dr.Davidson
03-08-2004, 8:06 AM
uh that poll's far too sober. if we cant struggle about which army's best, then we dont feel alright...
so polls are so... boring... *lol*
 sosus
03-08-2004, 1:04 PM
Im definetly going republic. I fight for the good guys. At this point in the SW history the republic were the good guys. The average soldier had no idea about The conspiracy involving Darth Sidious.

My second choice are the imps, just cause I want to control an at-st.
 lukeiamyourdad
03-08-2004, 8:59 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Davidson
uh that poll's far too sober. if we cant struggle about which army's best, then we dont feel alright...
so polls are so... boring... *lol*

Bah, it's still a good indicator of which civs are gonna be more popular then others. And stop hitting on, you're in for a big surprise.
 pink lightsaber
03-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by sosus
Im definetly going republic. I fight for the good guys. At this point in the SW history the republic were the good guys. The average soldier had no idea about The conspiracy involving Darth Sidious.

My second choice are the imps, just cause I want to control an at-st.

I'm going for imperials all the way but will play as others. Also i believe any army can control any vehichle on the map so u don't have to be imps to pilot an at-st.:rolleyes:
 pink lightsaber
03-12-2004, 12:44 AM
this thread was so popular a day or two ago what happened?????????????????????????????????????
 Evil Dark Jedi
03-22-2004, 6:03 AM
MY choices in order-

1.Droids
2.Clones
3.Imperials
4.Republic
 GlobalStrike
03-22-2004, 7:24 AM
So far, i have to go with republic for prequel and rebels for classic, but that's only so far. I'm not sure because they all sound so cool. :jawa :jawa
 Dr.Davidson
03-22-2004, 1:15 PM
@evil dark jedi

umm... clones and republic are just the same. i suppose you meant to say 4. rebels, eh?
 tFighterPilot
03-22-2004, 1:25 PM
Droid army
 Glaive v.1
03-22-2004, 1:49 PM
I choose the Imps or Rebublic
 Mountainforest
03-22-2004, 2:07 PM
I'll play republic most time, but with other factions to of course.
 GorillaPaws
04-01-2004, 8:35 AM
I know I wanna be a republic spy, so I can steal an AT-AT and step on Vader.
 Jasin Nijol
04-02-2004, 9:50 AM
Originally posted by GorillaPaws
I know I wanna be a republic spy, so I can steal an AT-AT and step on Vader.

Rebel Spy you mean.

Imperials and Federation all the way for me. Serve your Emperor it's the only right thing to do. I cannot support the Rebel terrorist scum.
 Evil Dark Jedi
04-03-2004, 6:10 AM
um i think vader will destroy an at-at if your in it.I mean he will sense you and jump up and go through the visor and with a slash of a lightsaber your dead

look at the visor of tis at-at it lokks like vader has jumped up andgot his lightsaber out

:atat:
 dark jedi 8
04-04-2004, 12:05 AM
i think it'd be damn hard to steal one of those, plus the imperial officer can spot rebel spies, and if the imperials are smart they'd put one of the officers on the walker or have them patrolling the lines in search for spies. IMO.
 Gukkjo
04-04-2004, 3:27 AM
If you want to play "good guys" the Rebels are the only group that qualifies.

I must say this is a matter of opinon. In my humble opinion the rebels are evil for trying to destroy the great Empire. I guess you know where my allegiance lies then. :emperor:
 joesdomain
04-05-2004, 6:38 AM
My allegiances lays in the original trilogy so the rebel alliance and Galactic Empire. I have been sending e-mails and suggestions for the past two to three years to Lucasarts trying to get them to make a Star wars video game set during the original trilogy period for the playstation 2. Let's hope they don't cancel it like they did for Sam and Max 2 for PC, Full Throttle 2 for Playstation 2 and PC, and Galaxies: An Empire Divided for X-box and Playstation 2.
 ist
04-07-2004, 1:29 AM
definitely going Imperial mostly, but like most everyone else i'll still enjoy playing as any of the other armies. but those imperial scout troopers are just so damn...cool.
 Glboricua
04-13-2004, 9:45 PM
Imperials!!! Storm troopers, and Dark troopers and every other trooper in between!!

2nd choice is Republic cuz I like the Gunship
3rd is Rebels for the higher accuracy :snip2:
and I doubt I'll use the Trade Federation, I dont like droids...... Well......Maybe if you can pilot the Droid Starfighter.....:bdroid2::snip2:
 kirkazoid25
04-16-2004, 9:26 AM
Depends on the situation for me, my mood, the map, how balanced the teams are etc.

But the first thing i'll do is try out every side and special class.
Page: 1 of 1