Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Universal KOTOR File Site - Project Knight

Page: 2 of 2
 SSJ3Goku
02-20-2004, 7:35 PM
I'll help with staff.
 Kitty Kitty
02-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Be glad to staff the site if I'm needed. :)

-Kitty
 Lord Spine
02-21-2004, 10:02 AM
I'll help for shure. We should put together what we have now......

What for a domain shall i book???

Who has webspace with php and mysql database, because if we want people to upload their mods we need php for sure!

I could customize a portal site with abilities like that!
 MasterRevan2003
02-21-2004, 12:13 PM
THESE MIGHT HELP IN YOUR WEBSITES!!!

www.webdeveloper.com/animations/)
www.bantha-putu.de/updates.html)
home.hccnet.nl/p.boel/animated_gif.htm
www.geocities.com/cyber_tim64/images/animations.htm)
groups.msn.com/MarxStarWarswebpage/ someanimatedgifs.msnw

;)
 Crunchy
02-21-2004, 7:42 PM
Just make a site that you would think we would like (you can even use flash if you know how) dont use anything other than what is in this game if you can (ie The SW movies) do you have aim ? that way we can talk to each other?
 Lord Spine
02-22-2004, 9:07 AM
no sry, i only have icq: 178086094

But i can get aim......
 D00mH
02-22-2004, 2:41 PM
just get trillian or miranda and u'll have almost every instant messager in one application.
 Lord Spine
02-22-2004, 8:28 PM
Yeah i have trillian aswell i just didn't think of it... :p
 Jappeth
02-22-2004, 10:11 PM
I know this has been said already, but this is a great idea!!

I have a good friend that designed the site for are PA, I will tell him about about this great endeavor, I think he would love to help...

Oh by the way here's are site...

http://www.zionichegemony.com)
 D00mH
02-22-2004, 11:56 PM
i offer my help too. if the site will be finished and u need one to keep it alive ( posting news, adding files or playing mod on the forums ) just call me :].

ps: i watched the whole posts for a long time, only forgot to register myself ;]
 Crunchy
02-23-2004, 6:53 AM
Impressive site, indeed Jabbeth your friends help (and everyone's help) will be most appreciated. But the decision is Sunslayer's to make, ask him (if you have aim)
 Criminal
02-23-2004, 7:20 AM
if u decide to use email for mods i can scan them and move them on a few times a day(frequent comp. user) as i have norton 2004 pro... i could also mod if its going to be a fourm... i have decent graphic art abilities (little to no spelling:))and no html/webpage skills

just an offer...best wishes on the site
 Sunslayer
02-23-2004, 12:57 PM
This all sounds great, guys, but I don't know if we should register a domain... I guess we could, but we have to come up with a name for the site. I'm going to make a thread right now for a poll.
 Lord Spine
02-23-2004, 5:46 PM
Ok i started 10mins ago with the test page. Here is the banner i have done so far.

Tell me you opinion and ill change things again....if necesary!

http://www.unkown-x.com/img/header1.jpg)
 Crunchy
02-23-2004, 5:54 PM
Amazeing work, but make some others ones too so we can choose, (also if you are makeing a site, that type of templates and and fonts, etc) or maybe one for differnt pages...
 SSJ3Goku
02-23-2004, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by Lord Spine
Ok i started 10mins ago with the test page. Here is the banner i have done so far.

Tell me you opinion and ill change things again....if necesary!

http://www.unkown-x.com/img/header1.jpg)

that's great man.
 D00mH
02-23-2004, 8:59 PM
w00h00, i like it. good work man !

ps: maybe we can offer one light and one darkside design. the user could chose on a intro page which "way she/he wants to follow". nothing big, just make the darkside grafics a bit more gloomy and replace this bastila bei malak or dark side bastila.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
02-23-2004, 9:35 PM
Originally posted by D00mH
w00h00, i like it. good work man !

ps: maybe we can offer one light and one darkside design. the user could chose on a intro page which "way she/he wants to follow". nothing big, just make the darkside grafics a bit more gloomy and replace this bastila bei malak or dark side bastila.

yea good idea and if needed i can provide some decent screenshots of anything that ya'll may need for the site, just pm me or email me myemail is jeffchris_thehardyz@yahoo.com
 Lord Spine
02-23-2004, 10:35 PM
OK guys nice idea since i allready have the foundation of the site finished im changing the colors and banner to a darker one so people can choose! Im starting right away. ill post the banner in 10-20 mins.
 Lord Spine
02-23-2004, 10:54 PM
 Crunchy
02-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Most Impressive, btw do you have aim yet Spine?

LINK: AIM (http://www.aim.com/get_aim/win/latest_win.adp)

EDIT: Btw IF we decide to add forums, would anyone here post on them?
 MrCyborg
02-23-2004, 11:24 PM
well presumably if the new site becomes *the* place for KOTOR editing - I would certainly migrate over for posting etc ... unless the facilities were bad ... I can't imagine people posting here then moving/downloading files on the new one etc. Its just easier to do everything is one place -
 Lord Spine
02-23-2004, 11:27 PM
I have aim now, and i'm online...

Name: Spine6661

And i have to get some cigarettes...... :p
 D00mH
02-24-2004, 12:28 AM
great job again dude. fits perfect to the picture i had in my mind :D

maybe the site doesn't need an own forum. ask the swknights team if u can get a forum here or if the holo lab forum could be used for the site.
 Lord Spine
02-24-2004, 1:09 AM
OK Get ready guys im finished with the foundation.......

and ive uploaded it....

You can have a look at it here!

http://www.unkown-x.com/img/kotorfiles/home.html)
 D00mH
02-24-2004, 1:24 AM
very good for first preview version. works fine with my browser ( firefox ).didn't discover any problems yet. go on like this and the final page will become great :] hope we there will not be any problem to putting future scripts into it.
 Sunslayer
02-24-2004, 1:30 AM
That's awesome! I think you should combine all the news sections into one, though, and then it's good! We'll need to use PHP though, so we can get the uplaods and wonlaods working nicely.
 Crunchy
02-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Great site, but i think we need alittle more dark on the darkside version, otherwise it is just a banner change, and maybe turn the pics on the new section to something that was actually in kotor?
 Lord Spine
02-24-2004, 1:29 PM
ok i was a bit bored so i started doing a banner for the MOTOR idea... this is what came out!

http://www.unkown-x.com/img/motorsample.jpg)
 MrCyborg
02-24-2004, 8:24 PM
wow great work! - I prefer this to the other two you did -looks great
 Sunslayer
02-26-2004, 2:02 AM
That's really cool... so how about booking... motor.net maybe, or else kotor-motor.com or .net? Think of something a book it, then we'll upload that site and add the MotOR banner, because we need to get our hosting up very soon! Does anybody know PHP well enough assist in making upload scripts and the downloads database? I don't know how, so anyone who does is needed. :D
 Crunchy
02-27-2004, 1:17 PM
Ello yall what did i miss (ive been sick)
 FiEND_138
02-28-2004, 7:32 AM
I think, IF your going to use music, it should be somethin from the game.
Just my .02 . Anyways thanx for takin the initiative to get a mod site workin. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
 tk102
02-29-2004, 6:34 AM
Reminder: site functionality >> site aescethics

Let's put an end to threads that devolve into endless "plz send me a copy of your mod too" requests.
 T7nowhere
02-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Reminder: site functionality >> site aescethics

Let's put an end to threads that devolve into endless "plz send me a copy of your mod too" requests.

I agree just get it up and working as soon as possible. Then it can be ironed out.

I appreciate your guys initiative to get a working mod site, but the sooner we have one the better this forum will be.
 antpocas
02-29-2004, 1:40 PM
Lord Spine, a small reccomendation: USE CSS TO SWITCH BETWEEN DARK/LIGHT STYLES! Seriously, switching will be faster with CSS. Also, you should change the position of the colors between the styles, i.e. on the menu, gray would be replaced by black, and on rollover it would switch to gray instead of black, and the main background color and the news article bgcolor should switch places too. Just a small suggestion from a picky webdesigner.
 dufflover
03-01-2004, 4:56 AM
Originally posted by Lord Spine
OK Get ready guys im finished with the foundation.......

and ive uploaded it....

You can have a look at it here!

http://www.unkown-x.com/img/kotorfiles/home.html)

Lookin' good! Finally, soon I'll be able to get a good list of what mods are out and their latest versions!

You might also wanna consider adding "Tutorials" as a type of file to download, got a lot of people (like me!) who want to know where to start with modding, the basics if you will.

Good to create the section before it becomes too busy to update!
 Ariarus
03-01-2004, 12:54 PM
modsoftheoldrepublic.net would be the best
 SSJ3Goku
03-01-2004, 9:26 PM
Originally posted by dufflover
Lookin' good! Finally, soon I'll be able to get a good list of what mods are out and their latest versions!

You might also wanna consider adding "Tutorials" as a type of file to download, got a lot of people (like me!) who want to know where to start with modding, the basics if you will.

Good to create the section before it becomes too busy to update!

I like it. Let me know when you can start uploading.
 T7nowhere
03-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Is the mod site still in the works or did this idea Fall into a coma.

oh ya. BUMP!
 Jackel
03-09-2004, 12:23 PM
there already seems to be a website set up for mods , mods new , mod help

have a look , and no im not a member or a staff person , i just visit the place

http://www.knightsoftheoldrepublic.com/)
 Kitty Kitty
03-09-2004, 3:55 PM
Hey wow.. there is. And it's even got my files.

How come no one told me? grrrr lol ;p

-Kitty
 T7nowhere
03-09-2004, 4:36 PM
I find It odd that noone from that site has even approached the modders here. After all from what I have found this is the only place where anything about how to mod KotOR is discussed in detail. I glanced over the Forums and saw atleast one familiar "face".

Hey wow.. there is. And it's even got my files.

How come no one told me? grrrr lol ;p

-Kitty

Well thats a BIG no no. For a website not to tell a person that they want to host there mods. I mean what if you didn't want your mods there. Although your alias Is used. Very unproffesional not to tell you.

But hey where are mine :(

Im just really surprized that none of the staff has contacted Our Forum to even say hey we exsist and are willing to host mods for you.
 Nyziel Quar
03-09-2004, 6:57 PM
I agree it is a little strange that no one contacted Kitty. And it is unprofessional, but it seems to be a pretty nice site. Alot of work went into it. It just seems to be lacking the amount of people holowan has. This is just my opinion, but I think we should pool resourses between the two sites. I know you are trying to start a new site, but why not have the holowan community build up that site instead. I do not work for that site either, and today was the first time I saw it, just to make clear ;) .
It seems the site has the appropriate name, and the templet for the page is there. It is what I picture when I think of a KOTOR mod and more site. Just my two cents, though. Maybe some of the more prominent figures of holowan should approach the webmaster of that site.

P.S.- Sorry if I p**sed any one working on the new site off. It's just the bigger the community, the quicker the progress of modding the game.
Page: 2 of 2