Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

O Canada

Page: 1 of 1
 Datheus
02-13-2004, 9:45 AM
The next trendy rebel-without-a-cause that tells me that "Canada's better" will face slappity death a la Dдtheus.

Canada is by no means (http://www.canada.com/saskatoon/starphoenix/story.asp?id=8340FD15-A628-44E8-8ACF-113B413CB9AA) better than America. And that's just recent news.
 Pie™
02-13-2004, 10:56 AM
 Astrotoy7
02-13-2004, 2:56 PM
its really silly to 'comapare countries', you have to make it more specific :

At being more cold
*Canada is better

At having a moron president
*America is better

At having friendlier ppl(except Quebec)
*Canada is better(except everyone from the US in the swamp)

At having gaudy half time superbowl shows
*America is better

At saying "A" at the end of sentences
*Canada is better

etc etc

what makes you so bitter about Canada anyways, did a Canadian steal your gf, or kill your dog or somethin ???

MTFBWYA
 jebbers
02-13-2004, 3:34 PM
At having a moron president
so true..

what makes you so bitter about Canada anyways, did a Canadian steal your gf, or kill your dog or somethin ???
Penguines stole my sanity....they didnt kill my dog tho...:fett:
 Prime
02-13-2004, 4:26 PM
Canada is da bomb yo.
 TheJackal
02-13-2004, 6:14 PM
The next trendy blind-patriot-without-a-cause that tells me that "Canada is not better" will face slappity death a la Jackal.

:p

and we say "eh" and not "A"

I hope you watched Conan OBrian this week. He's been in Toronto. If not, try catching it tonight. You'll learn a lot.

Oh and about Quйbec not being friendly. Wrong. they are just very defensive about their minority culture and language. They have every right to be craby when people scream at them to learn english when they are in Montreal or Quйbec City.

The best example of this are in online video games. Its incredibly how so many anglophones (more than half the time americans) on servers (like CounterStrike) start typing in all caps because I'm talking french to someone else. I dont understand why it bothers them so much. Its like they are that afraid that we a plotting some sorta coup against all non-french people. What the hell is up with that?
 IG-64
02-13-2004, 6:33 PM
I just want to know why everyone pointlessly hates Bush
 TheHobGoblin
02-13-2004, 6:39 PM
Having a more active and smart preident
America

Having a absent Army
Canada

Having more of a better community
America (New York at least)

I don't know why everyone hates a person who is doing good for the country...
 Arreat
02-13-2004, 8:19 PM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin

Having a absent Army
Canada

We're peacekeepers thats why... I don't get why you guys hate us so much! We don't go around bashing americans so please leave us alone.
 Anthony
02-13-2004, 8:27 PM
I....see.....flaming....
 ZBomber
02-13-2004, 10:15 PM
America

Having a absent Army
Canada

Having more of a better community
America (New York at least)

I don't know why everyone hates a person who is doing good for the country...

Hey, uh.... Canada definetly has a more friendly community than anywhere, and definetly more than New York. :|

I really hope you were kidding on that... you have never been outside of New York, have you?
 TheHobGoblin
02-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Do you live in New York or did you just go on vacation there?
 ZBomber
02-13-2004, 10:50 PM
I've been to New York many a times. No I don't live there. I don't need to, nor do I want to. Boston is the same as New York, and many other cities I have been too. Canada definetly has a more friendly community than most US Cities.
 TheHobGoblin
02-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Well maybe your not getting it right. I live in New York and I have been here all my life and I'm still here. Most people think New York is all these gangs and all this crime, we do have some of those problems. Especially when Bloomberge got here. Yet there are a lot of people out there who would be willing to give a hand, or just be friendly. You'll be surpirsed what kind of people there are in the big apple.
 ZBomber
02-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Well maybe your not getting it right. I live in New York and I have been here all my life and I'm still here. Most people think New York is all these gangs and all this crime, we do have some of those problems. Especially when Bloomberge got here. Yet there are a lot of people out there who would be willing to give a hand, or just be friendly. You'll be surpirsed what kind of people there are in the big apple.

Yes, I know, but, I'm not singling you out or anything. Most American, sadly, are really kinda, well..... not willing to give a hand, to put it nicely. :(

I have met many people from New York, and with Boston. But I have met many more than are true asses. There are these kinda peopel everywehere, but Canada seems to have a lesser ammount of asses than America. that is just my opinion though. :)
 jokemaster
02-13-2004, 11:08 PM
I prefer a peaceful nation than one that goes to war under false pretenses. Yeah, Saddam needed the boot, but making stuff up about WMDs is just stupid.
 TheHobGoblin
02-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Certain Canadians has critized America all the time. America and Canada have a pretty good relationship. It's just BOTH communities sometimes tend to argue...
 Neverhoodian
02-14-2004, 1:12 AM
ALL countries have their faults. No system is perfect, after all.
 Orca Wail
02-14-2004, 2:33 AM
There are stupid people where ever you may go...

...even Austrailia...

I visited Canada for a couple of days last summer...

...can I move there?:p
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 4:00 AM
America

Oh come on now...smart? SMART???

Pleh, countries is countries, we typically like the country we're native to more than others. Either that or we move away into a new one as soon as we are able.
 Astrotoy7
02-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
I just want to know why everyone pointlessly hates Bush

Ig, you're showing your age man...... next thing you'll say is that you think GW is cool coz he wants to build a base on the moon......right. Hmm, perhaps *that's* where theyre planning to put all of America's homeless....

MTFBWYA
 RoxStar
02-14-2004, 12:56 PM
America

I guess that makes since becauese Canada has a Prime Minister.
 obi
02-14-2004, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Hmm, perhaps *that's* where theyre planning to put all of America's homeless....

Come on, don't be stupid. Bush doesn't spend money on poor people.

What do I think of Canada? hm.....

They're like our neighbors that always has a cup of milk when you need to borrow it. You know, they're like elderly neighbors. Not young music-blaring ones.

Besides, Canada has made many contributions to American culture.

Rush, Celine Dion, Nickleback....

Wait....nvm.......

Whats wrong with you, Canada?!?!?! =P
 Astrotoy7
02-14-2004, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Canada is da bomb yo.

Howdy Prime...Im very curious, do *you* say "A" at the end of sentences..... and dont say its a myth because I have worked with a few canadians that have.... In fact, my uncle(who is from Europe), even picked it up, he has been lliving there(in Saskatoon, actually) for nearly 30 years....

It'd be funny if Saruman was played by a Canadian....
[canadian accent]"March to Helms Deep, leave none alive, A"[/canadian accent] :p

MTFBWYA
 Arreat
02-14-2004, 3:16 PM
Howdy Prime...Im very curious, do *you* say "A" at the end of sentences..... and dont say its a myth because I have worked with a few canadians that have.... In fact, my uncle(who is from Europe), even picked it up, he has been lliving there(in Saskatoon, actually) for nearly 30 years....

It'd be funny if Saruman was played by a Canadian....
[canadian accent]"March to Helms Deep, leave none alive, A"[/canadian accent] :p

MTFBWYA

Uhh, we don't say "A" or eh after every sentence we only use it once in awhile... Secondly we don't have an accent we speak normally just like you americans. On second thought, no we don't speak like hicks, or say howdy, or talk all gangster - ish maybe some do but not all of us.

Gawt thayt pawtner?:rolleyes:
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
02-14-2004, 3:35 PM
Come on guys (or gals ;) ). Of course your gonna say that your country is better, because you live there!
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Come on, don't be stupid. Bush doesn't spend money on poor people.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHA. Wooo, that got a good chuckle out of me.
 IG-64
02-14-2004, 3:50 PM
Ig, you're showing your age man...... next thing you'll say is that you think GW is cool coz he wants to build a base on the moon......right. Hmm, perhaps *that's* where theyre planning to put all of America's homeless....

MTFBWYA

What is up with you and america's homeless people? Some childhood trauma? Sue it's unfortunate, but don't you think Bush has important things to do than take care of poeple that can't take care of themselves? Besides there are orginazations to do that, that's not the government's problem right now.

I belive Bush is doing whats right for America right now so just sit tight.
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
What is up with you and america's homeless people? Some childhood trauma? Sue it's unfortunate, but don't you think Bush has important things to do than take care of poeple that can't take care of themselves? Besides there are orginazations to do that, that's not the government's problem right now.

You're young and naive, so i'll let it slide, and I won't mention the fact that people are losing homes because there are no jobs available and they can't get any money because nobody is hiring because our economy has fallen down to unacceptable lows.
 ExcelsioN
02-14-2004, 3:58 PM
Wow...paitriotism at its finest.
 Astrotoy7
02-14-2004, 4:00 PM
Originally posted by Arreat
Uhh, we don't say "A" or eh after every sentence we only use it once in awhile... Secondly we don't have an accent we speak normally just like you americans. On second thought, no we don't speak like hicks, or say howdy, or talk all gangster - ish maybe some do but not all of us.

Gawt thayt pawtner?:rolleyes:

Howdy Superman, I'm from Australia, got that cobber !! :p The only time I'd go to the US was if I got invited to visit GLs "Skywalker Ranch", or get a lapdance form Beyonce Knowles...

IG, calm down little guy, are you a republicrat, or a democrican.... :p I knew a guy who used to bullseye womprats :D

MTFBWYA
 Pie™
02-14-2004, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
I prefer a peaceful nation than one that goes to war under false pretenses. Yeah, Saddam needed the boot, but making stuff up about WMDs is just stupid. Right on.

After what i saw in Bowling For Columbine I'd say that I'd rather live in Canada :)

I've been to New York many a times. No I don't live there. I don't need to, nor do I want to. Boston is the same as New York, and many other cities I have been too. Canada definetly has a more friendly community than most US Cities. I completely agree ;)

And IG, It sounds like you're eating everything the media and government wants you to believe...
 El Sitherino
02-14-2004, 5:44 PM
I like canada and all but, damn you for unleashing celine dion on us!
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I like canada and all but, damn you for unleashing celine dion on us!

Seriously, keep a tighter leash on your crappy singers :p
 El Sitherino
02-15-2004, 12:25 AM
she sings good, I Just hate her music.
 TheJackal
02-15-2004, 1:36 AM
dont worry about Cйline. you can keep her. we dont want her too.

and for the SECOND TIME! ITS "EH" and not "A"

aargh!

and for the community thing brought up. when people lock up thier doors when they are at home is sorta odd for us canadians. I can seriously walk into a house in any suburbs or downtown appartments. Anyways, thats sorta a week argument for the community. But it can give an idea.

As for us not liking Bush? Well Canada is center-left. And being a Liberal is NOT A BAD THING, like the most of American seems to think lately. And someone like Bush is way to right wing for us. We can't take it when someone takes away funding in health care, social programs and etc. We have free access to public health care. I dont know how you can possibly view this as a negative thing!

Everybody makes cracks at our armies, even we do. But in reality, we have one of the best trained army in the world. Some of our equipment needs upgrading, but that is because our society was busy spending our financial SURPLUS (something the states lacks right now) on important canadian social values. We created the Blue helmets (peace keepers of the UN) and is the strongest portion of its forces.

If you want to know more why we dont get too well along with Bush. go read the canadian national magazine called Maclean's (http://www.macleans.ca/). The February 9th weekly issue's front page was: Canadians to Bush: Hope You Lose, eh (http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/politics/article.jsp?content=20040209_74911_74911)

anyways, if you dont want to read that. then you should of watched Conan OBrian this week. He was in Toronto. I'm sure Americans watching this would of learned a LOT.
 TheHobGoblin
02-15-2004, 1:38 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Oh come on now...smart? SMART???

Pleh, countries is countries, we typically like the country we're native to more than others. Either that or we move away into a new one as soon as we are able.
Yeah I mean smart!
Have we gotten attacked yet?
If Gore was in office, the U.S. would be up in flames
People hate bush because he isn't a guy who get's smacked then turns the other chhek, and all that hug your enemy bull. He defends his country by attacking the attackers and the people who support them.
 obi
02-15-2004, 1:42 AM
Er, Saddam didn't attack us.....nor did he support the Al-Queda terrorist network. The white house planned to go to war with Iraq before Bush was even in office....Anywho...

I don't like Bush, but I don't think Al Gore could have done any better at all. It was slim pickins in 2000, but I can honestly say, Go John Kerry 2004.
 TheJackal
02-15-2004, 1:44 AM
okay, I'm sorry I take it back. I admire Bush.

This is the first U.S. president who seized power by electoral fraud. He also favours a narrow clique of super-rich businessmen and their cronies instead of his country. I admire such a man who can seem to convince so many people that if you have an opinion that isnt like his own, you are a left leaning terrorist anarchist. He convinced people that if it wasn't for him the world would end. The mere fact that Bush arouses such a strong reaction to the world outside of the United States indicates that he is doing his job.

/end sarcasm
 obi
02-15-2004, 1:47 AM
Originally posted by TheJackal

/end sarcasm

Jesus, you scared me, man =P

The only beef I have with your post is that hardly any of this was actually Bush's idea, so to speak.

He's a puppet, and Powell, Rice, Rumsfield, and Cheney pull the strings.
 TheJackal
02-15-2004, 1:51 AM
hardly any of this was actually Bush's idea, so to speak.

to kill the dragon you must cut off its head
 ET Warrior
02-15-2004, 4:00 AM
Originally posted by TheJackal
to kill the dragon you must cut off its head

Or poison it's water supply!

Though that's hardly relevant to the discussion eh? (See, I could be Canadian)

People hate bush because he isn't a guy who get's smacked then turns the other chhek, and all that hug your enemy bull. He defends his country by attacking the attackers and the people who support them.
And because he started a war on false pretenses, turned one of the biggest national surpluses ever into the biggest deficit we've seen since the depression, and lost millions of jobs to boot!
 Neverhoodian
02-15-2004, 4:20 AM
How did this become another Bush=good or evil thread?

Well, for the record, I don't think Bush is evil...but I've been sorely disappointed with him concerning foreign policy, the economy and corporate bastards. (or CB's as I call 'em...no offense to those in management who care for their workers and customers)
 Astrotoy7
02-15-2004, 4:46 AM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
How did this become another Bush=good or evil thread?

I think I started that, sorry(see my post at the start) :frown:

MTFBWYA
 Prime
02-16-2004, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Seriously, keep a tighter leash on your crappy singers :p Should we keep our comedians too? :)
 Darth-Bane
02-16-2004, 4:12 PM
Canada owns
 Darth-Bane
02-16-2004, 4:16 PM

lol...so true
 DarkLord60
02-16-2004, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
ALL countries have their faults. No system is perfect, after all.

I agree. I hope this wasnt a serious thread.
 legameboy
02-16-2004, 7:36 PM
Exactly!!! It isn't Bush I hate, it's the "puppetmasters."

Anyways, go Mexic- I mean America! :p
Page: 1 of 1