Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I...am...a...bonehead!! Thats Righ!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Kain
02-11-2004, 2:35 AM
Yeppers, 4 days to find something for my g.f. for that blasted VALENTINES day, and I've got no ideas. Someone give me some help so I don't look like a goober.
 ET Warrior
02-11-2004, 3:06 AM
I'm thinking nothing says I love you like a chainsaw.
 Lightsaberboy
02-11-2004, 3:27 AM
hmm...

you could spell out the words "I love you" with rose petals on her bed or on her bedroom floor, write her a poem, do some other stuff, and end it by giving her a night of hot sex!
 Kain
02-11-2004, 4:45 AM
Originally posted by Lightsaberboy
hmm...

you could spell out the words "I love you" with rose petals on her bed or on her bedroom floor, write her a poem, do some other stuff, and end it by giving her a night of hot sex!

Maybe I shoulda mentioned she's still in school and lives at home, not to mention I get the sneaking suspision that her family doesn't like me, so that makes it hard to get in her room(a room she shares with a sister), poem writing is my bane, and we don't have a sexual relationship.
 Darth Groovy
02-11-2004, 4:47 AM
Hell, I just got a new girlfreind yesterday. How do you think I feel?:freakout:
 Elijah
02-11-2004, 5:33 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Hell, I just got a new girlfreind yesterday. How do you think I feel?:freakout: The groovy is the pimp man! score I say, SCORE
 Astrotoy7
02-11-2004, 6:09 AM
All ladies like is to have your complete attention and devotion for the day. Start with flowers, go out to dinner, get her a special, highly individualised present(jewellry or something you know she really likes) as long as it is *just you two* you'll be fine....

BTW, this means you are not allowed to visit the swamp, or any other such places on Valentines day !

MTFBWYA
 Astrotoy7
02-11-2004, 6:14 AM

Wow, after seeing your photo Groovy I think you've used up alot of your luck quota for the year,,,,,, kiddin

but seriously, first valentines after a short period into the relationship should be very informal. Just some flowers, and do something nice together, have dinner, and just get to know each other, and DONT TALK ABOUT THE FUTURE(ie in terms of your relationship)......

MTFBWYA
 STTCT
02-11-2004, 6:46 AM
I need ideas too - for my husband! Name something that I can get him for $40.00 - we set a spending limit!!
 Sivy
02-11-2004, 6:56 AM
Originally posted by STTCT
I need ideas too - for my husband! Name something that I can get him for $40.00 - we set a spending limit!!

6 pack of beer and a pillow fight in your underwear :nod:
 Astrotoy7
02-11-2004, 6:57 AM

things male like that cost up to $40.00

1. DVD
2. CD
3. Bottle of Wine. or other favourite liquor
4. Girlie Calendar(its still feb)
5. swanky shaver set w cool aftershave
6. hat, if he likes wearing caps !
7. golf balls, if he likes golf
8. cool t-shirt

do i need to go on STTCT ???

MTFBWYA
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
02-11-2004, 6:57 AM

a $40 gift certificate to the nudie bar :)

You have the internet, why not look it up. With each new woman I am blessed with a new set of rules. Things that applied in past relationships don't mean squat in a new one. To keep myself out of the dog house, I just did some recon (you know ask her mom, sister, etc). I also looked up the most popular gifts and voila... I'm back in the saddle again!

BTW: Don't get her flowers, it's too predictable notto mention this close to the big "V" day you may get the bottom-feeder leftovers. Give her chocolate instead (unless she has a eating disorder like mine did). Teddy Bears work too.
 Kain
02-11-2004, 7:57 AM
I hate being broke, otherwise I could get her some more bellybutton jewelry:naughty:

On our anniversery, we got pierced together. Maybe I should get her pierced again.
 Lightsaberboy
02-11-2004, 3:30 PM

nah, forget the money. you know there's something you can give him for free that he'll reaaallly like. yea, you know what i mean... :D
 DarkLord60
02-11-2004, 8:19 PM

Hey groovy congrats on the GF.
 Darth Groovy
02-13-2004, 6:48 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Wow, after seeing your photo Groovy I think you've used up alot of your luck quota for the year,,,,,, kiddin

MTFBWYA

Your not big on brownies points with the supermods are ya? :o

NO SOUP FOR YOU, THREE MONTHS!!!:mad:
 MysticSpade
02-13-2004, 7:07 AM
ok..........one question i got is can you cook and how old are you?

if you're 18+ and can cook

cook her a candle lit dinner and have a night between the 2 of you by yourselves and have some nice conversation. this is what i do and it's the day that she will remember the whole year.
 Kain
02-13-2004, 7:21 AM
Kain = Cook as Hitler = Nobel Peace Prize winner

Seriously, I could burn soup in a microwave.
 STTCT
02-13-2004, 7:29 AM
Oh I did teh candle dinner thing like 2 or three Vdays ago. Turned out pretty good. He's supposidly taking me somewhere though I'm not so sure where.

I ended up getting him a pair of "Catfish" sunglasses Arnettes. I went over the $40 budget...but I'll just tell him Matthew pitched his $40 spending limit in too. ;)
 MysticSpade
02-13-2004, 7:32 AM
burn soup in a microwave??? is that even possible?
 leXX
02-13-2004, 8:07 AM
My hubby and I are having a day out tommorow. My mum is babysitting for us. We are going to see ROTK (finally) and have a nice meal and just basically enjoy each others company. I still haven't got him anything yet, but I'm gonna go up the shops soon and get him some kinda gadget as he's gadget mad. The problem is, we have just about every gadget known to man, so I have no idea what yet, but I'm sure I'll find something. =)
 MysticSpade
02-13-2004, 8:26 AM
get him a whos a wuzzit

or a wuzzle wazzle
 Kain
02-13-2004, 9:25 AM
Originally posted by MysticSpade

Believe me I'd find a way. I'm just that way with cooking. Horrible experiences when I was forced to take home ec...horrible...

I decided to just say fuggit and take her to the mall tommorow...er, today, so she can pick something out.

Today as in we're 'celebrating' 'Rip-Off-O-Rama-V-Day' today.
 Astrotoy7
02-13-2004, 3:36 PM
For Valentines day -
me and my lady are going antiquing, followed by dinner at cosy tuscan restaurant...... thats' what us olde people do....

MTFBWYA
 Alegis
02-13-2004, 4:02 PM
dont score right before valentines day, you need to buy a present then :p do like me, score ON valday, much easier as well

Ideas? CHOCOLATE! makes you happy (really does, eating a LOT of chocolate has the same chemical blahblah feeling like beeing in love) Purple things.. (if you really want an original idea i'm afraid you'll have to look for yourself, start by lisitng everything she does/likes..meh)
 ZBomber
02-13-2004, 10:30 PM
I don't have a girlfriend, but I did give a girl I like a big ass chocolate bar today. ^_^
 Anthony
02-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by MysticSpade

Turn it on, on high for the maximum time limit, yes it is possible (like, doesn't a microwave heat up water molecules?)
 Agen_Terminator
02-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Ummm.... To burn something it has to solid and really hot or on fire... Soup just boils and turns into a gas :D
Of course, I've no doubt that Kain would find a way :D
 Kain
02-14-2004, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Of course, I've no doubt that Kain would find a way :D

Not so much as I'd FIND a way, the way would be MADE for me. It just happens.

Joke from post pic thread: My girlfriend decided she wanted a Legolas shirt for V-Day...yay. (read Tyrions post about my pic, very ironic).
 Rogue15
02-14-2004, 8:43 AM
get wasted
Page: 1 of 1