Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vehicle error causing CL shutdown

Page: 1 of 1
 Admiral Chemix
02-10-2004, 6:27 PM
I've been working on a minisub vehicle for my map, and I have had slight dificulty with getting it ingame, evertytime I try to spawn it, it triggers a CL shutdown and crashes the game. Can anybody help me?
 Duncan_10158
02-11-2004, 12:05 PM
This sounds like there is something wrong with the model files, glm or gla probably. could you tell us how did you make the model, what settings you you have? did you follow the vehicle creating tutorial?

i am sure we can solve this, we just nees a bit more info.
 Admiral Chemix
02-11-2004, 12:30 PM
I made the model in max, then cause I don't know crap about getting such models into JA, I sent it to TiM for boning and tagging, he sent it back to me after he added 2 muzzle tags and the 2 required bones. I then copied and altered tie fighter npc/veh files to meet the needs of my minisub. I attempted loading it up ingame, and it crashed.
 Duncan_10158
02-11-2004, 1:38 PM
so if you got 3ds max 4.X or 5.X you can port your vehicle in game on your own. just follow this tutorial:

http://io.meskinaw.net/vehicle_importing_tutorial_for_ja.html)

you wrote TiM ported your vehicle into JA, did it work in his JA?
 tFighterPilot
02-11-2004, 1:57 PM
I'm guessing the problem was in the compiling, or most likely the lack of it.
Page: 1 of 1