Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I could have use for a "trigger_spam" or something like that...

Page: 1 of 1
 |GG|Carl
02-07-2004, 5:47 PM
I have a shooter_blaster on my map, but it only fires one shot...

It's actually even more complicated than that: I have a player-usable-trigger, which is linked to anoter trigger, which is linked to the gun;

Button>Trigger>Gun

So, I need to make the trigger get used many times, instead of just once.

Any ideas?
 vas_zag
02-07-2004, 6:59 PM
hey guys new here
erm func_timer?
just i dont know how to stop func_timers once they have started
:(
 vas_zag
02-07-2004, 7:40 PM
aha i know
just make a load of triggers that get triggered by the button
then make the "delay" value for each one a bit more depending on how quick you want it to fire
so like the first one would be a value of 0 the next 0.5,1, 1.5 and so on.........
 |GG|Carl
02-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by vas_zag
aha i know
just make a load of triggers that get triggered by the button
then make the "delay" value for each one a bit more depending on how quick you want it to fire
so like the first one would be a value of 0 the next 0.5,1, 1.5 and so on.........
Yes, I thought of that as well, but is there no easyer way?
 WadeV1589
02-14-2004, 11:08 AM
If your first thing is a func_button you're gonna have a helluva time getting that shooter to fire more than once, you need to use something like a trigger_multiple so it can be fired every x seconds if you merely hold down the use button. You could set the func_button to come back up again quickly to re-fire but it'd look messy.

However if for some odd reason you must use a func_button, you could use Icarus to make the shooter fire several times and the script would involve just a target_scriptrunner instead of multiple entities...

...I really do think the button needs to go though.
 |GG|Carl
02-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Sorry, I think I confused you, this is what it's like:

Trigger_once (not func_button) > Trigger_multiply > Gun

So... Shall I use a trigger_multiply instead of a trigger_once? You see, it's only supposed to fire once...
 WadeV1589
02-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Hang on...you want to be able to fire it many times but only when the player is using it?

If that's the case you really do just need the trigger_multiple and shooter_blaster. There is no need at all for the trigger_once, a trigger_once means just that, it can only ever be triggered once!

If you only ever want it to be fireable once, scrap the multiple altogether.
 |GG|Carl
02-14-2004, 1:19 PM
Here is a more exact description:

You push a console (trigger multipy) ,which makes the guns fire at a breakable wall (which doesn't actually take damage). after a while, a delayed trigger_once makes the wall explode.

The problem is that it looks sorta weird when the guns shoot one shot, and 10 secs later, the wall explodes :P.
 WadeV1589
02-14-2004, 2:36 PM
Right, if shooter_blaster only fires once your best bet would be a script, you can use icarus to fire it repeatedly and even use the script to break the wall. It would cut down the in-game entity count.
 wedge2211
02-14-2004, 2:38 PM
If you don't want to script it, you you have the trigger_multiple activate a func_timer that then fires the gun every x seconds.
 vas_zag
02-14-2004, 7:38 PM
i still like the many triggers idea........
erm how do you stop a func_timer from fireing because once mine starts it wont stop :(
Page: 1 of 1