Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

scale models

Page: 1 of 1
 alexx860
02-07-2004, 2:57 PM
i have never worked with md3, but i want if there is an easy way to scale a ship, for example, reduce the height of the X-WING :D

thx in advance
alexx860
 Psyk0Sith
02-07-2004, 5:20 PM
Import the model into your favorite 3D modeling package and scale then re-export...should be simple enough.
 alexx860
02-07-2004, 6:02 PM
yes but there is multiple .md3... and i use GMAX, how to made the SAME scale, because the mouse is not very accurate
 ondrahosek
02-07-2004, 6:30 PM
I'm not sure if this doesn't only work with 3ds max but...

Try clicking on the Scale button on the toolbar, then right-clicking on it. This pops up a dialog (in 3ds max, at least) where you can state the scaling factors (eg. 200%).

Did that work/help?
 Almighty_gir
02-12-2004, 6:53 AM
when you import it make sure you import it with the skeleton (if x-wings have them??)

to make it the size you want...dunno if this will help.
make a clone of the origional model, and then scale one of them in proportion to the other, then delete the one you dont want :)
 TPM_Montross
03-06-2004, 1:19 AM
bing an old gmax user, u cant do vehicles with it, it has no support for glms or xsi files, and u cant make it an md3 and then convert it with md3 view, cuz u loose the skeleton, so no gmax vehicles
Page: 1 of 1