Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My financial goal

Page: 1 of 1
 BongoBob
02-06-2004, 4:16 AM
Clicky (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040205053017198081026016025516/g=perc/search/detail/base_pid/448714/)

It's an electronic drum set, complete with everything(including the "brain" of the drums. My cousin just got these for our band, and my mom and dad came over and saw them. They were blown away. It takes up about 2/3 the space of a real drum set, and only I can hear them with the headphone jack. That way all they will hear will be tapping.

The "brain" has about 500 sounds built in to it. And unlike drum machines, which synthisises(SP?)(or makes on it's own for you people who have no clue what that means), this actually plays back pre-recorded drum sounds. I like it because there's no tuning involved, and that it costs about as much as the cymbols to my cousins set. It has 20 presets and I do believe that my cousin said that you can mix the presets.

My mom gave me a chore chart today, and I get $14 a week($1 for each year old I am) for doing the most basic things. The only real hard thing that I have to do is the dishes(I don't have a dishwasher, so I have to do them all by hand :( ), and that's about the only hard thing. I wonder if I can get more for doing more things :confused:

Also, she said that she'ld pay 2/5 to 1/2 of the cost of them. That means that it'll take me about...
*checks in calclator*
9 1/2 months if I only do chores, but I am doing little side jobs(such as watching my lil bro, doing stuff for my g'ma and g'pa, donations, shrimpy kids lunch money, etc :xp: ), plus grade money, so this should only take me a few months :)
 Boba Rhett
02-06-2004, 4:30 AM
Hold the phone, you get money for your grades, helping around the house and for helping your grandparents?

That should be free, dammit! :p For watching your brother, on the other hand, I can understand someone getting money for. :D

Those drums are pretty cool. I always have admired drummers for their willingness to go through life being mocked and ridiculed by real musicians.

I'm joking! I'M JOKING! Don't hit me. :D I just had to work in a drummer slam. It's... like a guitarist rule or something. As a counter retort to such things I suggest, "What's black and blue and laying in a ditch? A guitarist who told one to many drummer jokes." Remember that, practice, practice some more and then pratice a lot and you'll be a dandy drummer. :thumbsup: Good luck with making the money. Is there any way you could get a part time job somewhere? Maybe like a cart or stock boy at a store?
 Crow_Nest
02-06-2004, 9:04 AM
No fair! I dont even get anything when i help do things for my parents and stuff. :mad:
 Sivy
02-06-2004, 9:19 AM
my next present to myself will be a 512 mb graphics card, when nvidia release one... it shouldn't be long,3Dlabs (http://www.computercare.cc/osc/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=401) are making them

anyway, cool drum set :thumbsup:
i was playing on one the other day in a store.. until they threw me out... well i say threw.. really just asked to stop playing on it. i don't think it helped that i've never play the drums before. :D
 DarkLord60
02-06-2004, 8:27 PM
Originally posted by Siv
my next present to myself will be a 512 mb graphics card, when nvidia release one... it shouldn't be long,3Dlabs (http://www.computercare.cc/osc/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=401) are making them

anyway, cool drum set :thumbsup:
i was playing on one the other day in a store.. until they threw me out... well i say threw.. really just asked to stop playing on it. i don't think it helped that i've never play the drums before. :D

Good Lord 512MB Isnt 256Mb enough!
 BawBag™
02-06-2004, 8:34 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
The only real hard thing that I have to do is the dishes(I don't have a dishwasher, so I have to do them all by hand :(
Welcome, to the real world :p
Nice drum kit. The key to saving is persistance and willpower (not to spend money unnecesarily).
Unless its a car/house your buying.......... ;)
 BongoBob
02-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately, I am only 14 1/2, so I can't get a job here. My mom said that she'ld sign the papers for a work permit after the third quarter if I can keep good grades, and good attendance, and keep my chores up. After that I can work selling newspapers or work at Baskin Robins.

:)
 Jedi Luke
02-06-2004, 10:36 PM
You get paid for doing things like good grades, taking care of grandparents. Geez, i wish my parents were like that. Ultimately, things like that are all part of responsibility and shouldn't be paid for anyway. Count your blessings Bob! ;)

Nice kit there Bongo. I've had my kit for over 3 years now. Soon I'm gonna be getting the Pearl - Eliminator (double-pedal) with all the cams, some new Remo heads and a 10" Splash cymbal (haven't chosen any particular one yet).

Good luck with the money earning and have heaps of fun jamming. It's heaps of fun.
 RoxStar
02-07-2004, 1:53 AM
Originally posted by BongoBob
Clicky (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040205053017198081026016025516/g=perc/search/detail/base_pid/448714/)

It's an electronic drum set, complete with everything(including the "brain" of the drums. My cousin just got these for our band, and my mom and dad came over and saw them. They were blown away. It takes up about 2/3 the space of a real drum set, and only I can hear them with the headphone jack. That way all they will hear will be tapping.

The "brain" has about 500 sounds built in to it. And unlike drum machines, which synthisises(SP?)(or makes on it's own for you people who have no clue what that means), this actually plays back pre-recorded drum sounds. I like it because there's no tuning involved, and that it costs about as much as the cymbols to my cousins set. It has 20 presets and I do believe that my cousin said that you can mix the presets.

My mom gave me a chore chart today, and I get $14 a week($1 for each year old I am) for doing the most basic things. The only real hard thing that I have to do is the dishes(I don't have a dishwasher, so I have to do them all by hand :( ), and that's about the only hard thing. I wonder if I can get more for doing more things :confused:

Also, she said that she'ld pay 2/5 to 1/2 of the cost of them. That means that it'll take me about...
*checks in calclator*
9 1/2 months if I only do chores, but I am doing little side jobs(such as watching my lil bro, doing stuff for my g'ma and g'pa, donations, shrimpy kids lunch money, etc :xp: ), plus grade money, so this should only take me a few months :)

Real sets are better.
 Jedi Luke
02-07-2004, 6:15 AM
Originally posted by RoxStar
Real sets are better.

Ditto. Still, It's better than having no kit.
 Astrotoy7
02-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Bongo, since you're only 14 you will be excused for wanting that set of drums. Those things stopped being cool, or even useful in 1988. I have seen quite a few electronic music artists(even Prodigy, who took their name from a sampler made by the same company that makes those damn drums !!), and they often do have a LIVE drummer, who sports a *real* drumset. Best drummers in the world in the opinion of myself (and many) are
Pete Sandoval(morbid angel) and Steve Asheim(deicide)....... when you figure out how to do a 'blast beat' let us know
(morbid angel's latest CD, Heretic has a track on it that is like a drum warm up/check, showing Mr Sadovals amazing skills....I would recommend a listen)

MTFBWYA
 ZBomber
02-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Eek, no offence, but it looks kinda fugly....
Page: 1 of 1