Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My launchpad won't start...

Page: 1 of 1
 TheRecreator
01-31-2004, 7:41 PM
When I first installed it it worked and I set it up to the part where it asked for the cd-key. I didn't want to go any farther since my mom was asleep and I couldn't get her credit card (with permission) I didn't want my free month to start or anything. So I exited with the cd-key window open. The next day we (my older bro and I) had the credit card and we tried to star up the game...it showed a white place where the lauchpad picture that loads up would show...then a windows error message shows and I hit ok and it stops loading. I tried reinstalling and turning off the comp but nothing worked. I think it doesn't work either because

1 I quit when the cd-key window showed and without the cd-key it loads up and can't find it so it has an error.

2 My third disk is messed up because it asks for disk one when I put it in but when I put in disk one it it starts installing it again when it is already installed...

Plz someone help I really want to play...:headbump
:cowdance
 lil_dude
01-31-2004, 7:54 PM
i have the same problem with it trying to install again, i just exit that and click the icon on my desktop, and the launchpad pops up
 TheRecreator
01-31-2004, 8:32 PM
it doesn't start though when I do that it just has that error message...
 DarthMaulUK
02-02-2004, 9:22 AM
If you have uninstalled the game and maybe moved it onto another drive, your Launchpad will still be there.

The Launchpad is in a different folder - Sony Online or SOE - check for this and delete it. Also, you will need to delete it from your computers registry system.

If you do not know how to do this, post back

DMUK
 TheRecreator
02-05-2004, 9:57 PM
I went out and got a new copy so I know it's not the CD.
Erase it from the registry? I don't know how to do that.
 Neversober
02-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Ok here is what you need to do....

Step#1 - First Uninstall the game (Dontworry about the registry).
Step#2 - Open up Windows Explorer
Step#3 - Go to Tools / Folder Options
Step#4 - Click on the "View" tab.
Step#5 - Check off "Show hidden files and folders"
Step#6 - Hit "OK"
Step#7 - Go to "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\"
Step#8 - Open up each folder and read the "Setup.ini" file in each folder till you find the Star Wars Galaxies one. (I think the folder name ends in 509 or 590 ???)
Step#9 - Delete that Folder
Step#10 - Change your Folder options back to "Do not show hidden files and folders" (if you want).
Step#11 - Reinstall SWG
Step#10 - Play the game and have fun :)
 TheRecreator
02-06-2004, 3:42 AM
appname=

Ss as far as I've gotten I can't find the one with Star Wars Galaxies in that place.

I open up that setup thing that says
Setup - Configuration Settings
in all the ones that had one. Could it be one without a setup - Configuration notepad?
 Neversober
02-06-2004, 3:46 AM
Originally posted by TheRecreator
appname=

Ss as far as I've gotten I can't find the one with Star Wars Galaxies in that place.

I open up that setup thing that says
Setup - Configuration Settings
in all the ones that had one. Could it be one without a setup - Configuration notepad?

For Step#8 the folder name is "" if you dont have that in there then you are fine.
 TheRecreator
02-06-2004, 4:28 PM
ok I found it and erased it and PLAYED! I'm Syhper Stryder on Bloodfin server. (Not sure about the spelling of my guys first name)

I delete that like everytime I want to play which has been two times so far. Right now though the thing is gone but the game won't run. I think its just because I'm on the windows name I didn't play on in the first place. but the the windows nameis my bro's but I think I just need to restart my comp. Thanks for all your help!

Oh and where can I get a vehicle becuase I stuck in a city without any transportation or knowing how to find it if there is. I think I am in some place called Mos Espa I'm not sure. Syhper Stryder. (I think)
 TheRecreator
02-07-2004, 4:29 AM
its not working again

ok, I reinstall it then i delete that thing you told me then try to start the game but it doesn't work. It was working before...am i missing anything? I was playing just today but then when I exited an tried to play later in the day it didn't work. When i do reinstall i have to download a patch for about an hour too! I found this thing called swgclient in the main folder and it seemed to open the game but then it asked me for my account name and pass then i hit next then it says server is unavailable. plz someone help!!!
 TheRecreator
02-07-2004, 7:36 PM
still doesn't work can anyone help...
 TheRecreator
02-07-2004, 8:50 PM
it works now...ok first I

1) Copied the main files with the patch in it to the desktop
2) Erased the files
3) Reinstalled
4) Copied everything in the files I had pasted to desktop into the main folder
5) Erased that folder you had told me to with all the numbers as its name and started playing!

I still had to download some files but they were only 1 minute long. Hopefully this will work from now on!
Page: 1 of 1