Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Servers using too many mods, skins, hilts and maps

Page: 1 of 1
 Crow_Nest
01-31-2004, 12:17 AM
Really people remove your mods, hilts and other stuff (except side-server mods are ok). About 80 percent of the JA servers now are using mods, vehicles and stuff that take forever to download.

Jk2 has less servers with this kind of thing compared to JA.

Like jk3files is using some kind of mod that doesnt exist (cant download). I was just browsing the server list and most of them are using mods, hilts and maps and downloading takes forever. :mad:

For those with auto-download enabled will lag when someone is trying to download from your server and it lags a lot.

So people, please remove that crap pile of junk from your server thank you.
 AIVAS
01-31-2004, 12:36 AM
OR, just don't make it a pure server, I don't know about guns, but if you have a saber the server doesn't you can select it, but you will be using a single saber reborn default once it takes affect.

and if someone is using a saber you don't have on THEIR server, it will show up as reborn default (i think not sure about double bladed and 2 sabers)

They take forever to DL if you have auto dl on, and it lags the server, so a simple way to fix this, is turn pure server off
 TK-8252
01-31-2004, 12:56 AM
I don't know what JK3Files would be running that doesn't exist. :confused: I think we're using one hilt, and then the admin mod, but that's it. And the admin mod is server-side as you know, so it's not the problem. We only post files that are available at the JK3Files site, I can assure you that anything we're running is there.
 Crow_Nest
01-31-2004, 4:35 AM
Then what is that "one hilt" jk3files is using? And what is U3.pk3? The admin mod you are talking about should be JAR 1.2, im using it.
 TK-8252
01-31-2004, 4:42 AM
I don't know what U3.pk3 is... are you sure you're talking about JK3Files? For some reason, people keep getting JK3Files and JK3Servers mixed up. :confused:
 Crow_Nest
01-31-2004, 5:27 AM
yes its jk3files, i keep getting that message and i cant download it from the server.

Before i get that message, in the console (jk3files) there is this thng that says i dont have a "U3.pk3" and another mod. Dunno what is it.
 TK-8252
01-31-2004, 5:55 AM
I'll have to see this for myself. :indif:
 Crow_Nest
01-31-2004, 1:43 PM
Can you tell the person in charge? Like shroom or amos. Next time when you join, look into your console, see if there is a message that says about a "U3.pk3" or another file.
Page: 1 of 1