Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LinkSys, guide to letting it run servers?

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles87
01-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey, I got a 4 port one WAN LinkSys router, can someone give me hints or something on how to allow it to run a server? Thanks!
 PSyCo_SMurF
01-30-2004, 11:50 PM
i got a linksys router too so this might help..... First go into you router setup (192.168.1.100 or something) go to forwarding tab and put ports 29070-29099 to open with both UDP and TCP selected. then apply the changes. Second go into Advanced-> Filter options and disable BLOCK WAN REQUEST, so other people can see and join :) and if you have a firewall you might wanna turn it off........do you have a DMZ slot on your router? (mine is the fourth one, look on front)
 Andy867
02-01-2004, 4:29 PM
Actually, all that is true EXCEPT the portsand the TCp/UDP. I have found that it is pointless to open up multiple ports if you are going to only run one server. I run a server on a PII 300Mhz, 256MB PC100 computerand I only open up port 29071. And actually, You dont need to set the TCP option either since the games are hosted on a connectionless setting (meaning they dont check for buffer status and 100% packet integrity. So you only need to click the UDP option.
Page: 1 of 1