Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New single player episode for Jedi Academy.

Page: 1 of 1
 mslaf
01-29-2004, 1:52 PM
 Casper
01-29-2004, 3:03 PM
I like this. Your levels Have good design into them who cares about the boxyness if some are. The design is everything. The lighting and the texturing is excellent. Keep up the good work.:D
 DarkLord60
01-29-2004, 3:08 PM
All I have to say is it looks absolutely awesome
 lassev
01-29-2004, 7:33 PM
Man! This looks more promising than anything I have seen for a long time! I checked your home site, and it seems you are also making some cool models, and very good textures indeed! This will be a remarkable campaign (although I hate the idea of not having my trusted lightsaber, but well, this will most certainly be worth it).

It seems that you are now in proggress with texturing. I would suggest you try to find some little more interesting textures for some of the places. A few of them are now rather blank and won't do justice to the fine architecture and design. And don't hesitate to use coloured lighting! It can do miracles, as you surely know.

I'm looking forward to this one. Please keep us updated!
 Zappa_0
01-29-2004, 8:27 PM
Looks good.
 wedge2211
01-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Very, very, nice. Wow...a lot of upcoming or recent projects have involved "classic"-era Rebel-vs-Imperial battles...take the hint, Raven!
 Sine Nomen
01-30-2004, 5:23 AM
... Fantastic. Not only do you obviously have a lot of technical talent, you also have a great eye for Star Wars design. Get a job, for all our sakes. :)
 mslaf
01-30-2004, 6:47 PM
Concerning you comments about the textures. On some screenshots there are only view gray scale test shaders. I use this technique to see if all the shapes look good. If they are, they would look even better with more sophisticated textures applied at the end.

I've already created or recreated about 800+ textures and shaders and there are only few left on my „to do” list. There are some samples on my home page but unfortunately it seems to be down till Monday:(

By the way. You can notice that some of the textures look like those you saw in Unreal2, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast but don't worry, all of them were recreated in 100%.

Thanks to all of you.

Here are the samples:

http://www.mslaf.com/projects/corda/downloads/tsample01.jpg)
http://www.mslaf.com/projects/corda/downloads/tsample02.jpg)
http://www.mslaf.com/projects/corda/downloads/tsample03.jpg)
http://www.mslaf.com/projects/corda/downloads/tsample04.jpg)
 Sine Nomen
02-12-2004, 8:43 AM
[Bumping this thread under the guise of begging you to release those textures!]
 The Truthful Liar
02-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Wow, stunning work, it makes me feel like returning to level design. ; )

Moving this thread promptly.
 lassev
02-12-2004, 9:17 PM
Originally posted by The Truthful Liar
Wow, stunning work, it makes me feel like returning to level design. ; )

I would certainly welcome an SP level from you, The Truthful Liar...

Anyway, any news, mslaf? Still texturing and detailing? Would you feel like spoiling a little bit and telling us some little bits of information about the actual missions of the campaign? Or who is exactly the character we will be controlling? Or what are the massive locations you have in your screenshots?
 mslaf
02-17-2004, 9:20 AM
Hi,

Yes, I’m still detailing and texturing. It’s a very long process and you must be patient. Talking about my level I wouldn’t expect any fireworks with this game engine. With so poor AI, poor weapons, ugly models, scripting limitations and engine bugs and the God knows what else it will be very difficult to create and outstanding mod.
I’m just going to create few non linear maps with a nice storyline and cool graphics. I can reveal that in the first part you will start without the weapon and your goal will be to infiltrate the complex avoiding detection and to use the environment to kill you enemies - like throwing the containers on their heads, pushing them from the platforms etc.
 vas_zag
02-17-2004, 10:38 AM
very very nice
i am looking foward to this
SP mods are really what gets me excited
i just hope you spend enough time on it to do the project justice
:)
 jon_hill987
02-22-2004, 1:19 PM
The sreen shots so far look gr8, keep up the good work!
 Prime
02-25-2004, 4:53 PM
This looks like it will be really cool...
Page: 1 of 1