Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What aspects do u hope will make STBF the game to remembered?

Page: 1 of 1
 Craftsman
01-28-2004, 11:32 AM
What do u hope will make battlefront additive and famous for?
 Sivy
01-28-2004, 11:58 AM
i hope the single player missions are good cause i don't really play much online. :)
 Alegis
01-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Since you play along with a good number of NPCS, I hope they're really good
 Pie™
01-28-2004, 2:24 PM
I hope it will be remembered for the vehicles and the multiplayer :)
 Pad
01-28-2004, 2:59 PM
I think its a combination of various factors to make it an outstanding game: like a fair AI (extremly important for SP, you dont want your teammates to be stuck behind walls), some graphics that are common for this time or even slightly more challenging, fairly balanced weapons and gameplay, sounds (you dont want your blaster to sound like metal bar), the replay effect (once you finish the game, the fun of replaying it again), realism (you can aim better when standing still),...
 Hermie
01-28-2004, 3:34 PM
SW games usually have great sound, so I voted that. of course I hope that it will exel in other things too (espesially graphics and AI)
 ExcelsioN
01-28-2004, 3:42 PM
I hope that the multiplayer section lives up to that of BF1942. I spend most of my gaming time online so I'll be disappointed if the multiplayer section sucks.
 VanLingo
01-28-2004, 6:29 PM
Vehicles all the way, baby.

With multiplayer in a close second.

-- Lingo
 eastcoast2895
01-29-2004, 6:41 PM
i hope it excels at mutiplayer because that means the lifespan of the game will be long.
 Craftsman
01-31-2004, 2:57 AM
I always like single palyer more that muliplayer. Go single Player!
 Craftsman
01-31-2004, 9:29 PM
Lets get more votes happening. Im hoping for about 100 for a true indication of what us gamers want. :)

Cheers
 pink lightsaber
02-03-2004, 1:01 AM
I'm kinda new to the online thing. I've never played but have watched friends play. I'm hoping to get all I need to play for christmas. With that said, I want it to have a good multiplayer so it be fun to play for a long time.
:fett:
 _PerfectAgent_
02-08-2004, 1:45 AM
I hope the multiplayer is great for good replay value. But I also am hoping for a good single player as well. I also love the vehicles.
 Silent_Thunder
02-08-2004, 8:29 AM
Well, having fun multiplayer a the basic necessity for a game like this.

I just hope it tries to become it's own game... I don't want a Battlefield clone (maybe partly because I don't like the game much), I just want the devs to make a large scale multiplayer game set it the star wars universe... NOT Battlefield set in the star wars universe.

Lately it seems like all the star wars games are nothing more than "clones" of game types that were made popular before it. Even Knights of the Old Republic which is an AWESOME game is just so similar to Neverwinter... Same with practically any recent star wars game you can name. They are all very similar to a popular game that came before it. Heck, they don't even make the games "in da house" anymore... But just send it off to the people who have made the most succesful games for each genre, and ask for a clone of it with star wars skin.

Even though similar games to Star Wars Battlefront have already been created that doesn't mean it has to be a clone... Innovation will still (hopefully) come into play if they build it from scratch while observing the likes and dislikes of similar games.

So, to answer the original question; the aspect that will make Star Wars Battlefield stand out in my memory is if they take the route of innovation... and create a unique, but fun and fast paced large scale multiplayer, team deathmatch/capture the flag game.
 Craftsman
02-10-2004, 7:43 AM
Year i hope SWBF does have something unique about it that will make it better that battlefield 1942, and Battlefield vietnam. Strong mod support is also crucial.
 lotr-sam0711
02-10-2004, 7:30 PM
Two words:
little lag!!!
Page: 1 of 1