Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Party Limit?

Page: 1 of 1
 Stone-D
01-26-2004, 6:00 AM
Anyone looked at/figured out how to increase the max party member count? Having a limit of 2 NPCs at one time is a pain in the butthole for RPG purposes. Yes, it would unbalance the gameplay but that could be offset by buffing the enemy characters using the ai_master script.

BTW - first post. W00t, etc. I'm on my second run playing as dark side. Using a modified Revan mod :

Normal start, but have Revan robes + 2 LS + Jedi Defence + Prof LS (in order to use the robes & LS). This allows me to proceed as the game intended plot-wise but RP as a jedi-wannabe alot earlier.

Also I've modded Canderous into a full-on Dark Jedi Guardian. I had intended to 'turn' the other NPCs, but only discovered yesterday on the forums that this isn't possible. Total suckage. Anyone planning to fix that? Shouldn't be too hard, just mod the DS/LS points according to dialog choices.
 Stone-D
01-26-2004, 8:56 AM
Y'know, this forum is pretty unique. Almost 30 posts and this thread hasn't been filled with

Nope
I wanna barf.
Nah
WTF UR SO LAME!!!1111
Was wondering that too!
I hate KotOR
I buggered a three legged wombat last night... err.
I know, but I'm not going to tell you.
I know, email me if you want to find out how.

That last one has to rank in the top five for the 'most annoying' list.

Congrats!

BTW & FYI - 'kotor' in indonesia means 'dirty'.
 k0la
01-26-2004, 12:36 PM
I know, e-mail me if you wanna know.

pretty sure its hardcoded
 Lil' Jawa
01-26-2004, 4:35 PM
For some reason though the forum seems to be slipping more and more over to the dark side where spammers rule.

Oh and no, it isn't possible to raise the party member limit without some serious assembly work. And that will never happen.
 Stone-D
01-26-2004, 4:48 PM
Originally posted by Lil' Jawa
For some reason though the forum seems to be slipping more and more over to the dark side where spammers rule.

Ahh, but aren't spammers more like the temptations towards the dark side? C'mon, given the opportunity, wouldn't you just love to collect all the spam a given company sends you and then send them all back in one 10-gig chunk or three? :)

Oh and no, it isn't possible to raise the party member limit without some serious assembly work. And that will never happen.

Damn. I had hoped it wasn't as you start off with a limit of one (carth, that other dude on the endar spire) but I suspect that the two is more of an upper limit, self adjusting to however many NPCs you have available.

BTW, I'm an asm coder. :)

However, this is one game I think I won't be modding due to the lack of extreme long term replay.

If you're remotely curious, I've modded X-Tension, X2(1), Pirates of the Carribean/Seadogs 2, Frontier: Elite II, Frontier : First Encounters and Fallout 2(2). Some others I've forgotten. To date I've only made asm code for X-Tension, X2 and the frontier/elite games. The others were scripting and ini hacks.

(1) Without, might I say, actually owning a copy of the game - either legit or not. Quite a challenge. :)
(2) Miria. I gave here a huge-ass script and boosted her character for RP purposes.
 Lil' Jawa
01-26-2004, 7:16 PM
Oh I sure believe you when you say you boosted Miria for roleplay purposes..:p

It would be illegal to distribute a mod which changed the exe though that's why I say it's not going to happen, I just don't think Bioware would continue to see through their fingers then..
 Stone-D
01-27-2004, 6:46 AM
Originally posted by Lil' Jawa
Oh I sure believe you when you say you boosted Miria for roleplay purposes..:p

Ahem... *cough*

Nah, really. I just crammed loads of sarky comments into her script based on location, combat etc and gave her levelup options so that she wasn't such a useless drag. After all, the husband/wife NPCs were essentially a waste - no one ever wanted them on the team.

It would be illegal to distribute a mod which changed the exe

Trainer! It would need to be anyway, due to the copy protection used. Still, moot discussion anyway. :)
 Ellderon
01-31-2004, 12:56 AM
WAHT!?

There's no way to upp the party limit!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*set blaster to full, puts it in his mouth*
"BANG!" (or should I see "pftuy"...or ..."whizz"....2wheee"...r whatever the sound is a blaster makes)
 Anach
01-31-2004, 7:19 PM
Be cool to take them all at once, be like your own private Jedi & Merc army.
 Ellderon
01-31-2004, 10:12 PM
There must be a way to fix that.

THERE MUST!

*loks around wildly, with foaming mouth*

------------

SIDE NOTE: Illegal files are allwas distributed via AIM/ICQ...everyone knows that...Not that I'm indorsing something like that...this is purely discussion wise..
 Ven
03-14-2004, 2:37 PM
Hi all

Quite old post but the idea of a big party is so GREAT, the thread must not be forgotten :)

So it s pretty sure the feature is hardcoded... but did the NWN communauty find a way to have more too ? it could be a beginning for Kotor. For NWN, the situation was quite the same, in fact it was worse because the henchman could not have his stuff upgraded (But i think a mod goes out and has resolved the henchman's equipment problem).

First post here btw :p
 Prime
03-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Stone-D
Y'know, this forum is pretty unique. Almost 30 posts and this thread hasn't been filled with

Nope
I wanna barf.
Nah
WTF UR SO LAME!!!1111
Was wondering that too!
I hate KotOR
I buggered a three legged wombat last night... err.
I know, but I'm not going to tell you.
I know, email me if you want to find out how.

That last one has to rank in the top five for the 'most annoying' list.

Congrats!

BTW & FYI - 'kotor' in indonesia means 'dirty'. I could start posting those if it would make you feel better :)
 Goran
03-15-2004, 1:06 AM
/Drool

The thought of everyone comming along on each planet, except for maybe T3, whould be a scream.

The discusions everyone whould be having with eachother each time you meet an NPC whould be stagaring.

I can see it now, an NPC makes a comment, and your whole group starts a great debate with each other, lol then a small scale emotion war between your motley crew begins, as on lookers advance on your position. lol

OMG that whould be great!!!!!!!

I can hear Mission yelling at everyone in the back ground.
"I don't have to take that from you!!!"

And Carth whispering somthing to the effect, "We shouldn't get involved, or we have no time for this, or I don't want to talk about it, so could we just go?"

lmao.

Bastila and her rude snobish Brit accent trying to bring peace to the situation as it escalates out of control. And she loses her temper.

HK-47 at weapons ready is just looking for someone to throw the first punch.

Juhani saying every five seconds, "What!! What did you say?"

Jolee saying "Blah blah blah" repeatedly.

Canderous' hollow laugh ringing in your ears as he expllaines how everyone is too weak to do anything.

Zalbarr making non comital grunts and whines.

lmao

All the while you have your face burried in your hands in embaressment.

/sigh

My god!
That whould be beautiful!
 Ven
03-16-2004, 4:38 PM
i heard the last NWN expansion give another henchman to your party, maybe it can be a clue.
 Camcarneyar
04-07-2004, 2:43 PM
Love it Goran, I havn't laughed that hard in a long time.
 Doom_Dealer
04-07-2004, 3:18 PM
having an increase in party members would be sooo gd.you could have all 4 jedi at once, droool. But, as said it would take a hell of alot of coding, so only someone very very talented, and with a hell of alot of time on their hands would attempt it. You never know, someone might eventually find out how its done, fingers crossed
 Hybris
04-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Doom Dealer is right and with a two double bladed lightsabers for each it would be cool to see how quick they (the enemy) would die or who killed first!

So has of right now any Mod, trainer, hex edit etc... post a link on this thread and I or someone else will test it.:fire3: :fire2:
 mgnails
04-30-2004, 11:16 PM
In the party selection screen .gui file, there are dimensions for the boxes, so, it SHOULD be possible to make the boxes smaller and get more than nine party members (I am shooting for 20). Also, i am just going through and deleting most of the stuff in the gui file just to see which one removes the 2 NPC in your party limit.
 Amf12345
05-01-2004, 12:08 PM
But it is a square. It would have to be 16, or 25.
 pascalneder009
05-01-2004, 12:13 PM
There IS a way but i can't tell at this moment
 Darth Straker
05-01-2004, 5:08 PM
I'd love to add a few members to my team, 9 is too little.
Even though 20 may be too much :D
Also when you recruit someone you wouldn't need to replace anyone, just add another.
 Ven
06-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Well with 9 members your screen should be enough full.
Before aiming at 20, successfully making a non-bugged party of 9 might be the first step.

and Bump :D
 Colma Adawin
06-11-2004, 2:39 PM
if we were to plan on doing this we'd have to create a new selection screen, and then overwrite the original selection screen then you'd then have the fun of finding out how to make the new selection boxes, selectable. I Wish You Luck On That One. MattCole
 tk102
06-11-2004, 3:18 PM
Sorry all, it can't be done. Yes, you can tweak the GUI, and even go so far as to make the portraits fit your new boxes. But the game will not add your additional characters because the number of slots are hardcoded. And the savegame will not contain them either.
Page: 1 of 1