Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina 6: PTH Part IV, Dark Surprises

Page: 1 of 5
 Admiral
01-26-2004, 12:51 AM
--------------------------------------------------------
Same rules as always: No godmodding, ect.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cantina 6: Postlude to Holocaust Part IV, Dark Surprises

Current charactes:

Aidan: Gargoyle (male)
Asgardreid: Aesirian Ship
Elella: Human (female), Orthos's cousin
Guy: Human (male), Shadow
Hal: Human (male), Jedi Knight
Heimdall: Aesir (male)
Idun: Aesir (female)
Irvine (Red): Human (male), pseudo-Jedi Knight
Irvine (White): Human Clone (male), Force Adept
Marin: Human Water-Breather (female)
Misae: Human (female), Jedi Knight
Orthos: Human (male), Darkiller/Alminstar Avatar
Raschel: K'Beran (female), NRI operative
Svafa: Aesir (female), Valkyrie
------------------------------------------------------------
Story so far:

The group has completed two quests in finding the time Matrix. The second quest sent them to what was supposed to be an unihabited Sith world. There they encountered a strange Sith army. During the quest Orthos found Elella (or she found him) and the group grew by one. At the conclusion the group had their first encounter with the Jotuns.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Currently:

4 months have passed, the group have been following the map from one solar system to another. They have now just completed a very large and time consuming circle. The Asgardried is in orbit of the world of Enoy.
 Redwing
01-26-2004, 1:22 AM
Enoy

*The map's trail had finally stopped changing, after four months in which Misae Arjas thought she was finally going to go insane. She had kept herself sequestered away almost the entire time of the trip, communicating with almost no one. She had grown pale and guant and talked little. But she went to the bridge when the Asgardried announced their arrival at the end of their destination.

Guy was up in his ship when the Asgardried arrived at Enoy. Raschel was looking out at the bridge. She felt a sinking feeling*

Raschel: *softly, to herself* Four months, and we're right back where we started.

*Guy walks in behind her* The planet has changed since we last came here. I'm now picking up readings from it that I've never seen before. That may be the reason for the circle we've been led in.

Aidan: *entering* So you're sure the map's stopped changing now? If I spend one more day doing nothing, I'm going to explode...

*Marin walks in after him*
 Admiral
01-26-2004, 1:27 AM
*Heimdall in the pilots chair has his eyes closed and his feet up on the console*

Asgardreid: Preparing to scan the planet. Should take 48 hours, everyone can go back to doing nothing or exploding if they so desire.

*A small smile appears on Heimdall's face at the ship's comments. Svafa sat in the copilots chair and hits the console*

Asgardreid: Hey no need to be violent, I was only joking.
 Kuuki
01-26-2004, 2:21 AM
((admiral: I'd like to say one thing though: "Irvine (Red): Human (male), pseudo-Jedi Knight"
in which you calling RH Irvine a pseudo, or false/fake, jedi isnt accurate, its more like his test was fore coming to become a Jed.))

*During the time WH Irvine kept himself busy by employing self teaching methods of helping himself to become more atuned in the ways of the force, while in other times, trains his more physical attributes through simple training in the ships Cardgo hold.

Since the four months, he desided it might have been better if he had a hair cut, few unlike him, but he thought it would have lessened any confusion between himself and his counterpart.

Meanwhile, RH Irvine, kept himself isolated at times, most of with is meditiation, does come out every now and then and help WH Irvine with training with the force.

When ever his is not doing either or, he'd can be seen everynow and then staring at either forearm, the scars on his arm reminds him of that day. He too shanged his appearence a bit, growing a beard.*
 Admiral
01-26-2004, 2:46 PM
((Scar: He was not given the rank of Jedi by the Council meaning he is not a true Knight, and that is the same list from the last thread.))
 Deac
01-26-2004, 5:12 PM
*Orthos has spent his time catching up with Elella and learnt her story. He has also broken the news of Deac's death to her. He has grown a lot more collected in the past months. But, ever since approaching Enoy, he has been acting strangely*

Orthos: I sense something...elusive.
 Admiral
01-28-2004, 12:44 AM
*Idun had spent the 4 months tending to those injured and when not doing that she stayed in the upper levels and only really socialized with Heimdall and Svafa.

She was currently in her quaters trying to sleep when she suddenly awoke. Idun was drenched in sweat and breathing heavily. She could not remember the dream rather the nightmare that had caused this, but she did have a forbodding feeling in her stomach.

Dressing in a comfortable clothes Idun puts on her armor and then a light robe over it. She looks out the viewport and see Enoy handing below the ship*
------------------------------

Heimdall: So what does the map say now? Do we keep start a new circle or actually land on the planet?
 Kuuki
01-28-2004, 2:16 AM
*RH Irvine walking in*

Irvine "I though I've heard Aidan asking that very same question just a moment ago."
 Deac
01-28-2004, 1:20 PM
Elella: *quiet* What do you sense? I only feel you..

Orthos: That's what I sense. And I shouldn't. The Force ignores me, remember....
 Redwing
01-28-2004, 6:14 PM
((OOS: I'll assume that Heimdall has joined the others since he didn't seem to be asking Svafa or the Asgardried?))

Guy: Yes, the map has stopped changing. It seems to indicate that we're done moving...as I was just saying, the planet is giving off strange readings on my sensors that weren't there before. I believe we ought to land soon.
 Admiral
01-28-2004, 7:31 PM
((Red: Heimdall hasn't moved, He and Svafa are still in the bridge, he still has his legs up and eyes closed. As you had stated your characters are either in the bridge or are close enough to hear his comment))

Heimdall: Well I guess that means we wait here for the time being. I was hopping the map would show us some destination on planet, but perhaps we are supposed to observe something from space, or the time isn't right just yet.
 Deac
01-29-2004, 4:58 PM
Elella: Great. More waiting. Figures

Orthos: Something's down there.
 Redwing
01-29-2004, 6:12 PM
((Ah - for some reason I assumed the Aesir were in a different room, oops))

Raschel: We've been doing nothing but waiting for months. Maybe a few of us can go down...I don't know, look around a bit to see what kind of situation we can expect? Whoever wants to can stay up here and keep watching just in case...
 Kuuki
01-29-2004, 7:52 PM
Irvine "In my humble opinion I believe those people should be Heimdall, Elella, Guy, myself and Misae. Taking in a few considerations in of why I picked, of course."
 Redwing
01-30-2004, 1:25 AM
Aidan: Who put him in charge?

Raschel: What considerations are you talking about?
 Kuuki
01-30-2004, 1:38 AM
Irvine "No one put me in charge, I was just making my opinion. Besides, if there were a sort of 'party' to be made to go onto the survice to 'check things out', first obviously an Aesir would definately come, and Heimdall being the one whom seem to have taken control of most situations."

"Now for Misae, Elella and myself, just a few practitioners of the Force that would help incase of a conflict. Finally with Guy, other then his obvious personality..." *mentioning his own abilities in combat* "His ship can cloak here and land giving the opertunity of surprise to what ever is down there.

In an case we don't need everyone, and in case of ambush the rest can either make the trip down to reenforce or just bombard what ever is down there from orbit. Your choice. But in any case its only my opinion."
 Redwing
01-30-2004, 1:42 AM
Aidan: You force users certainly are arrogant. You didn't even think about what Marin and I can do.
 Kuuki
01-30-2004, 1:52 AM
Irvine *says with a smirk* "Don't want to let out all of our best people here, incase something goes bad. Besides I would have picked Marin if it wasn't for my opinion that Misae could use a fresh walk. Same for myself, but I'm sure everyone can agree with me that everyone could use the same."
 Admiral
01-30-2004, 2:28 AM
((Red: You think the Aesir would let people on the bridge if they were not already there?, Scar please keep puttin the WH or RH so it is easy to follow which Irvine your using))

Asgardreid: I do not need a walk of fresh air, in fact I do not need a walk or air at all.

Svafa: The impatience of youth. Don't forget that the map changes when we either accomplish something or have a new destination. The map hasn't changed so that implies either we need to wait or more likely that we must do something in space before we proceed.

Heimdall: Interesting logic Irvine. Also consider that a planet...

*Runes flash across a monitor in front Heimdall who had finally opened his eyes. Turns his head to look at the system's star*
------------------------------

*Idun was wandering the upper deck she look out into space and saw the many pinpricks of distant stars. Many of which no longer existed but still could be seen. Turning around to the look in the direction of the system star a shadow seems to crosses it path. She quickly sends a message to Heimdall to look at the Star.

Thirty seconds later another shadow crosses the star, larger then the first. This continues to happen in with each pass the shadow grows larger and larger. Soon the shadow encompasses the hole star and as soon as it does all light from the Star disappears.

Idun turns to look behind her and instead of seeing a large amount of stars she only see utter blackness. Not a single star was visible.
-------------------------------------------

Heimdall *muttering*: Eternal Darkness.

*All lights in the Asgardreid suddenly go off*
 Kuuki
01-30-2004, 3:34 AM
((Irvine = RH Irvine, I'm doing that now in the Cantina ones. I'm considering a slight name change just for this for WH Irvine, but i can't think of a good name ^_^;;;; ))
Irvine "Um, I didn't mean you Asgardreid, I knew you couldn't..."
 Deac
01-30-2004, 4:29 PM
*Elella lights her lightsaber*

Orthos: What the...?

Elella: I don't like the look of this...
 Redwing
01-30-2004, 6:39 PM
((OOS: By "bridge" I meant a place they could all gather together and look out on the planet...I have a bad habit of throwing these words out like that ;)

But really, how do I know how the Asgardried is set up? :)

Also: Why are the lights in the ship all off? Will our characters' equipment still work?))

*Aidan illuminates the area around him with bright blue and white arcs of lightning around his body*

Marin: Eternal darkness?

Aidan: What do you mean? What's going on...
 Kuuki
01-30-2004, 7:07 PM
((I was wodering that too, but i thought that it would be more interesting that basically everything that was technical didnt work, Ie Irvine's Lightsaber not working (which i hope thats what you got out of it)))
 Admiral
01-31-2004, 5:39 AM
((Red: You should know better. Your looking for observation lounge (which for the group would just be the lounge they are all familar with.) For the time being we say they are on the actual bridge and not the lounge (be more careful next time :P)

Please Note the Upper deck is still off limits to non Aesir.

Scar and Red: Correlation does not prove causation))

*Svafa hits the console again*

Svafa *In a low voice*: Turn on the lights or you will regret it.

*The lights slowly come back on*

Asgardreid: Sorry for trying to lighten the mood. It was only a joke.

Heimdall: In very poor taste. Eternal Darkness is what has or is occuring. The light of all the stars have vanished form the galaxy. Soon temperatures on the remaining worlds will drop and an endless winter will set in...

((Scar: I trust that answer's any questions you have/had about this. If it didn't technology wasn't effected by it nor will it be)).
 Redwing
01-31-2004, 8:08 AM
((OOS: Admiral, eternal darkness isn't possible, is it? - unless it's going to be reversed long before the back-in-time events of Cantina 7 take place i.e. Ken'atra grows up...or am I mistaken?

And the observation lounge is duly noted. ;)))

Aidan: *aside* Eternal darkness...dammit, looks like I'm never getting away from sleeping under a sunlamp again.

Guy: What is creating this darkness?
 Kuuki
01-31-2004, 2:04 PM
WH Irvine "Lack of stars in the universe that there of..."

Irvine "But of course the light that would get to this point from those stars would need to travel several thousand years in order to get here, for it to go all out for that reason is practically impossible."
 Deac
01-31-2004, 7:41 PM
Orthos: It seems that we're going to have to pick up the pace....
 Admiral
02-01-2004, 3:50 AM
((Red: You are just going to have to wait and see))

Svafa: Well it isn't exactly eternal, not yet anyways.

Heimdall: She is right, to explain this in detail would take to long and would be very hard for some to comprehend. To put is simply,evil has gained a large advantage over the foces of good and that has caused the light to vanish from this galaxy.

Svafa: We can only go as quickly as the map allows us and right now the map wants us to stay here, so unless it has changed there is nothing we really can do. This was expected anyways.
 Deac
02-01-2004, 3:01 PM
Elella: Remind me...what does the map lead to that can help us? Didn't Ragnarok already fail miserably?
 Admiral
02-01-2004, 4:36 PM
Svafa: Your new to this so I will try an explain. Ragnarok cannot fail and has not occured. What has occured and is occuring is an event called Gotterdammerung. It is a twisted version of Ragnarok. It will end in twenty years with the complete destruction of this galaxy.

Heimdall: There is an ancient artifact that will allow us to reverse Gotterdammerung, the maps guide us in the quest to get this artifact.
 BattleDog
02-01-2004, 6:19 PM
*Hal has spent the last four months engaged in a single activity, he looks tired and drained but not unhealthy. He now enters the bridge.*

Hal: We have arrived?
 Deac
02-01-2004, 7:42 PM
Elella: Makes sense. What is it we're looking for, exactly?
 Kuuki
02-01-2004, 8:14 PM
Irvine *softly to Hal* "You look like hell, yes we're at Enoy, the map hasn't changed so we're figuring what we're going to do next. Then suddenly the stars in the galaxy went out. Now they're just giving Elella the run down on whats going on."
 Redwing
02-02-2004, 2:29 AM
Aidan: *to Elella* You mean your cousin hasn't told you? If he doesn't trust you, why should we?

Misae: *muttering, mostly to herself* Darkness...it's night-time, now. The final curtain's falling...

Raschel: If the map wants us to keep sitting here, I've got a feeling we've got all the time in the world for you to explain to us what's going on, Heimdall.

Guy: *having slipped out of the room, now re-entering* However, Raschel, the map has changed. *He holds up the object in question* Looks like it's time to head for the surface.
 Deac
02-02-2004, 4:46 PM
Elella: But didn't a bunch of guys already go after the time matrix?

Orthos: I don't know. All I know is that Deac is gone....

Elella: Dad...?
 Admiral
02-02-2004, 7:54 PM
((Deac: How did Elella know that Deac, Odin, Rwos ect. are hunting for the Time Matrix? Since in this timeline they are dead...))

*Heimdall has the Asgardreid examine the map and plot a course for a landing about 2 hours away from the site*

Heimdall: We will be a little careful and land a little outside the area and walk the rest of the way in.
 Deac
02-02-2004, 8:00 PM
Orthos: I take it we're all going, then?
 Redwing
02-03-2004, 7:02 AM
((Maybe Deac meant something else? ;)))

*Raschel looks at Orthos* You want to stay behind?
 Deac
02-03-2004, 4:42 PM
Orthos: I...sense something down there.

*Flashback noise*

"but if this didn't happen....he would die.

Something...waiting...and why do I sense myself?
 Admiral
02-04-2004, 8:36 PM
Svafa: If any wish to cower inside their quarters then they are free to do so. Otherwise we are all going.

*The Asgardreid begins it's descent. Svafa stands and goes upstairs to get ready while Heimdall stayed in the bridge.

A couple of minutes later the Asgardreid lands in a grassy plain, it is pitch black outside. Heimdall stands and ushers everyone out of the bridge which promptly shuts and locks once everyone is gone.

The ramp is lowered, and some flood lights turn on to provide the group with a little light. Heimdall descends the ramp and while doing so swings a dark blue cloak around himself.

Heimdall wore his mithril armor openly at the moment. It blended well with the darkness. Svafa came down the ramp a few moments later and tossed Heimdall a rifle which he promptly slung across his back. As usual he carried his sword and blaster at his sides.

Svafa wore a dark blue cloak and her armor openly as well and was equiped very similar to Heimdall.*

Svafa: See anything?

Heimdall: Yes in the distance I see some light from maybe a town or city. I would estimate it will take us 2 hours to get there. We leave as soon as everyone is ready.
 Kuuki
02-04-2004, 9:50 PM
*The Irvines walk out, both also wearing the Mithril Armour that was forged for both of them.

WH Irvine was wearing the other's formal Robes, while Irvine wore his casual attire, plus the cloak from his Formal. So that both wore dark.

Irvine had in his hilt one of the dual Ligthsabers, in which he kept his Crimson bladed one, that he long since abandoned the use of it, on the Asgardreid.*

Irvine "Hmm.." 'I like how we're all doing this, but still that question of quantity... I kinda still like my plan on splitting up. But nw its more like even with our attire, we can still give ourselves away by shear numbers.'
 Redwing
02-04-2004, 11:15 PM
*Raschel leaves the ship, dressed in the dark blue mithril armor. Taking a cue from Heimdall and Svafa she wears no clothing over it except her blaster belt and a deep red-brown coat. The Aesirian weapon Heimdall had given her four months ago is clipped to the back of the belt beside her ordinary blaster.

Marin comes after her, wearing the tight pink shirt and tight blue pants that she'd worn months ago when she arrived in this dimension. She somewhat regretted not accepting Guy's Shadow armor or the Aesirian mithril suit she'd been given, but she'd found that neither would disappear with her body when she morphed. Too much extra mass. So they were left behind.

Aidan comes closely behind Marin, still wearing only a gray loincloth, carrying no weapons.

Guy leaves the ship as well, dressed in his Shadow's suit, covered entirely in gray, with a cloak and collar of even darker gray. The unadorned high collar circles around his head as if to protect it; the armor protected everything up to the Shadow's neck.

Misae comes last, wearing her Padawan's brown and white robes. Her lightsaber is attached at her side.

Aidan looks back at Guy with a bit of suspicion in his eye. He'd grown completely accustomed to his presence after four months, but now that the group was directly back in their mission, the mistrust flared up again. Sure, "Guy" hadn't betrayed them for all five or so months he'd been with them. Probably really was just a renegade Shadow. But come to think of it, Guy hadn't even said that he had cut himself off from the other Shadows, or even that he was on their side. Simply, the Aesir had 'trusted' him, and because of that so did everyone else.*

Because...they plan to kill us all anyway before this is all over? Is that why they don't mind ferrying around a potential traitor?

*Come to think of it they were all potential traitors to the Aesir, weren't they? Aidan felt safe now, since the "quest" was only in its third stage of what he presumed would be ten, one for each key. As the numbers progressed higher, he would have to keep a more careful eye out. The others seemed to him like harmless pawns in a larger game, but the Aesir were certainly dangerous. Throughout their stay together, they had always subtley made sure they had the upper hand over all the non-Aesir. The gifts of armor some of the others were wearing bore runes that were probably enchanted. Their quarters were certainly under constant surveillance, and the ship's intelligence had no concept of privacy. The Aesir had made it quite clear, without actually saying it, that their ship clearly could be just as much of a prison as a free ride if their benefactors so wished it.*

Pawns like the rest of us, but pawns that can take the other pawns out. Careful, Aidan. Anyone can be a threat.
 Admiral
02-05-2004, 12:16 AM
*Svafa looked back as some of the others come out. She seeing Aidan looking at Guy and Svafa smiles wondering what conspiracy Aidan was now generating in his mind.

She then looks out and leans up against the ship.

Idun came out a little while later, she was attired like the other Aesir. She walks and stands by Heimdall*

Heimdall: Didn't sleep so well did you?

Idun: No, the dreams are coming back.

Heimdall: If this keeps up it could become dangerou...

*a large sonic boom reverberates across the plains drawing Heimdall's, Idun's, and Svafa's attention. An object crosses the sky. It was glowing white. The object was going to impact near the Asgardreid.

Heimdall continued to watch it, and made out that it was somekind of ship. Within moments of impact breaking thrusters fired and slowed the ship. It wasnt' enough, it hit the ground hard and skided towards the Asgardreid. The damaged ship came to a stop about 20 meters from the Asgardreid.

As the dust from the impact settled a Girl appeared. She was obviously dazed and wandered towards the light emanating from the Asgardreid. As she walked Heimdall and Idun approached her, Heimdall kept a hand on his blaster and Svafa kept one on hers.*

Heimdall: Who are you?

*The girl looks at Heimdall but doesn't respond. Heimdall was surprised by the girls appearance. She had one red firey eye and one ice blue eye. After locking gazes for a second the girl collapses to the ground. Idun rushes to her side*

Idun: She is weak, near death, but she isn't like the other, she is a good one.

*Heimdall takes his hand off his blaster and picks up the girl and carriers her back into the ship. Svafa and Idun follow after him, cloaks billowing behind them*
 Redwing
02-05-2004, 6:56 AM
Aidan: What in the hells?

Raschel: Who is that?!
 Admiral
02-05-2004, 5:23 PM
*Heimdall carried the girl to an unused room and placed her gentle down onto the bed. He then stepped back and Idun came forth to tend to the child. Diagnostice equipment emerged from hidden compartments. Idun quickly hooked up the girl.

While this was happening the girl closed her eyes and slipped into unconsciousness.

Heimdall leaves the room and stands by the door to consult with Svafa*

Svafa: This is not good. That crash is sure to have aroused attention, and someone may wish to investigate.

Heimdall: We will need to leave soon, but I want to stay until the girl has been stabilized. I need to get word to Vidar of what has occured.

*Svafa nods and waits by the door. Heimdall moves off to a computer console*

Heimdall: Asgardreid, terminate all exterior lighting and raise interior view port shields, and start recording please.

Asgardreid: Alright give me a sec.

*All the exterior lights turn off and shields are raised over all view ports prevanting any interior light from escaping the ship*

Asgardreid: Begin when you wish.

Heimdall: Vidar, have found a special child of Fire and Ice. She hangs on the brink of death, and may not survive for long. Idun is treating her. Not sure of what to make of this, please advise. Stop recording encode priority 1 and send when appropiate.

*Outside a large explosion occurs as the fuel leaking from the crahsed ship ignites. Flames illuminate the area in a ghastly light.*
 Deac
02-05-2004, 6:47 PM
Orthos: This is wierd. Very wierd.

*Elella touches her temples*

Elella: Orthos...you're...it's getting closer...
 BattleDog
02-05-2004, 9:22 PM
Hal: I'm ready. *He carries his pack, pistol, rifle and sword, as well as his light saber.*
 Admiral
02-06-2004, 2:07 AM
Asgardreid to Hal: Finally, now go outside with the others. And Maybe Orthos can finally meet himself and have a long family discussion.
 Deac
02-06-2004, 4:54 PM
Orthos: Well, as long as I'm the only one freaked out be meeting myself....
 BattleDog
02-06-2004, 10:44 PM
*Rushes out side.*

Hal: Do you ever get the feeling that we're cursed? Wait, we are!

*Hal begins to move foward. Carful incase of another explosion.*
Page: 1 of 5