Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What kind of character weapons?

Page: 1 of 1
 VanLingo
01-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Let's hear some speculation on player weapons...

We know that there will be:
blaster pistols
battle droid blasters
droideka blasters (built in)
sniper rifles
clone trooper rifles

But I hear talk about rocket launchers and such. What do we know is going to be in the game, and what do we think will make it?

-- Lingo
 eastcoast2895
01-26-2004, 12:35 AM
i want to see those things the geonosian's used that threw back the jedi a couple feet. also looking at the screenshots from Craftsman posted preview, there will be the large rifles that the clone troopers use. i really like seeing the amount of rifles pictured.
 Pie™
01-26-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm wondering how they'll do the Ammo-thing...
Will you use up energy cells, or will they recharge?
 Pad
01-26-2004, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by VanLingo
But I hear talk about rocket launchers and such.
The trade federation tank lets one player launch missiles from a twisting turret while the driver can blast lasers straight ahead.

I'm wondering how they'll do the Ammo-thing...
Will you use up energy cells, or will they recharge?
I dont think the guns will be recharged but that you will be able to pick ammo cells from killed players.
 VanLingo
01-26-2004, 4:48 PM
Yeah, I heard about the tank launcher. But people on the forums were getting their hopes up about shoulder mounts. I don't think that would fit into Star Wars very much. Maybe a thermal detonator launcher...

And as far as the ammo goes, it will probably be Dark Forces style -- energy cells and whatnot.
What they should probably throw in is a pistol that recharges, though, kind of like Starsiege Tribes' little blaster. That way you're never totally out.

-- Lingo
 eastcoast2895
01-27-2004, 1:38 AM
about the ammo, the imperials have the officer that can reload allies so weapons will definitly have an ammo count. what this makes me think is that having someone that has the special ability to reload ammunition makes ammunition be an item not seen much on the battlefield. of course i could be over reading things and the ammo thing isn't that special and they just thought they needed to add something to being able to see a spy.
 VanLingo
01-27-2004, 5:00 AM
I don't know about on the battlefield, but supposedly once you capture a base it provides health and ammo.

-- Lingo
 Pie™
01-27-2004, 9:46 AM
Originally posted by VanLingo
I don't know about on the battlefield, but supposedly once you capture a base it provides health and ammo.

-- Lingo No, the base doesn't, but ammo crates and medicine closets do. These are often found near control points ;)
 yaebginn
05-31-2004, 6:37 PM
there'll be a rocket launcher, grenades, timebombs, buolt-in wrist lasers for SBD. Visit the lucasarts.com site.
 Drax Kreiger
05-31-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Van Lingo

Yeah, I heard about the tank launcher. But people on the forums were getting their hopes up about shoulder mounts. I don't think that would fit into Star Wars very much. Maybe a thermal detonator launcher...

Van Lingo, I just noticed this. I was looking at your clan site, and if you go to the research section, you have pictures of the Proton torpedo launcher there
 RoxStar
05-31-2004, 11:20 PM
It'll be balanced I'd hope. I think that they'll have the major stuff formt he major battle scenes.
Page: 1 of 1