Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

nudity

Page: 1 of 1
 dimitrije
01-23-2004, 12:42 AM
is there anyone making something like this
 Akira X
01-23-2004, 1:42 AM
lol yeah look for the topic on the new bastilla skin.
 dimitrije
01-23-2004, 9:02 PM
Yeap,I saw it.its kind a "not enough time puted in to it" no ofence to the autor.I made one myself for white human female but i dont know how to post it.If anybody is intrested in geting it i would be more than glad to share it,but u'll have to tell me how.
 Kitty Kitty
01-23-2004, 9:12 PM
Well to actually post a mod (skin, whatever), you're gonna need some webspace that allows you to put binaries on the site (zips, exe's, etc) so people can download them.

Most ISP (Internet service providers) give you 10 or so MB of web space, and there's some free hosts out there (but they have a TON of rules and they're generally a pain).

Otherwise, find someone with a domain who's doing SW: KotOR stuff already and ask if they'd host it for you. Then you just give people the link to either the site that includes a web page that gives you access to the files, or you give a direct link to the file itself if there's no "page" to actually use.

One other tidbit however.. be careful about posting such things as 'nude skins' on this site. Definitely do not include any nude screen shots. The links will all be erased fairly quickly, as nudity apparently isn't permitted around here.

Not sure what the rules are about a simple text link that may or may not lead you to some nudity.. as I looked and looked the day they deleted some other links, but couldn't find the rules lol.

Not sure if this is terribly helpful, but that's the gist of it. ;)

-Kitty
 Drakron
01-23-2004, 9:44 PM
Well the autor did what he could, the mesh is designed for the underwear and not nude and the original BioWare bikini underwear also have a odd color, like Bastila never gone to the beach and get a even tan.
 klaas100
01-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Hi dimitrije

As another option you can mail it to mac@nudepatches.de.
He is the webmaster of the site www.nudepatches.de)
I'm sure that he will be glad too , to host your skin on his site.
;)
klaas
 dimitrije
01-24-2004, 12:20 AM
yo thnx man im gona do that.by the way download it from there and see if it is posible to do a better one
 klaas100
01-25-2004, 9:32 PM
Hey dimitrije

Please check your personal messages.
I've got a solution for hosting your reskin
;)
 eidospsogos
01-25-2004, 11:39 PM
a mesh may be designed for underwear, but it is also designed to resemble the human body. and thus any skin with enough work can look more accurate anatomically and more aesthetically pleasing than the one being referred to.

personally i've never been one to want to play a game with a naked character. but to each his own. all i'm trying to say is regardless of how the mesh was designed, the skin is going to wrap the same way. it may take a while to make everything look decent and line up properly, but it can be done. especially with the underwear skin. now painting a nude skin on a combat suit mesh might look ridiculous, but there is nothing about the underwear mesh that makes it difficult to feasibly produce a good nude skin.
 dimitrije
01-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Well i agree to the last post but it is really pretty hard to make a totaly nude one if not imposibile becouse or the mesh but if u want u should be able to download mine one from and see one of the solutions.
 darthface
01-26-2004, 1:25 AM
a few days ago I found my kotor files server was being spammed with referals from some german nude mod site, so I put a picture up just for them ;)

here's the link to the root directory, if that's allowed
 Kitty Kitty
01-26-2004, 2:08 AM
Originally posted by eidospsogos
a mesh may be designed for underwear, but it is also designed to resemble the human body. and thus any skin with enough work can look more accurate anatomically and more aesthetically pleasing than the one being referred to.

personally i've never been one to want to play a game with a naked character. but to each his own. all i'm trying to say is regardless of how the mesh was designed, the skin is going to wrap the same way. it may take a while to make everything look decent and line up properly, but it can be done. especially with the underwear skin. now painting a nude skin on a combat suit mesh might look ridiculous, but there is nothing about the underwear mesh that makes it difficult to feasibly produce a good nude skin.

Not trying to be deliberately argumentative.. But I have to disagree.

A mesh that's designed for a model which is actually contoured as a naked body could be, and then outfits are simply put on as skins yes.. you can then make it nude, or virtually any outfit you want with new TGAs. I've seen many games that often make use of models of this nature.

However, that's not the case with KotOR, nor with several other more recent games. They've learned that a little extra modeling goes a LONG way to the finished product.

As a result, you have modeled on clothing in many of the models, including the "underwear" models here. As a test, I tried taking the models for the scout and scoundrel and change a few things. Specifically, in whichever one is a red and white outfit, I tried to make some of the white areas look like flesh instead, so as to simulate "cut outs" in those areas.

Some of them you can somewhat get away with.. but some look horrible no matter what you do. Being more specific, the areas around the upper shoulders front and back. Where they meet the base of the neck, there's a ridge there where the top of the outfit goes, because it's modeled, not just skinned. So while yes, the skin wraps the same, it still looks awful.. unless you have no dificulty explaining why this woman has this mole or wart or whatever in the shape of a complete ring around her neck.

I guess some people are so into the idea of playing with nude models that this is acceptable to them. I'm not one of those people. To me, if there are aspects like that which wind up looking so bad, it's not remotely worth making the changes in the first place.

The other model (I get the two confused unless I'm in game) - the brown one with the yellow/gold trim.. the bikini bottoms are *very* pronounced, as are some other areas like the big stripe that runs down the front midsection of the model.

Anyways.. without getting any more drawn out and into detail, I will agree you can do quite a bit, but there's still a *LOT* you cannot do with skins alone if you want something that looks professional, or even decent when you're done with it.

I've made some minor changes, and drastically reskinned a head model (wanted a better hairstyled redhead), and combined them into a completely new selectable model (she doesn't cancel out any of the default 15 choices) for all three starting classes. There's a LOT more I want to do to her, but until we can alter the models themselves, frankly, the results will be far below my expectations, so I don't see the point.

Meh.. Just my opinions.. but for what it's worth :)

-Kitty
 Drakron
01-26-2004, 3:53 AM
Well besides Kitty Kitty points ...

I did looked at both the "nude with shoes" and the "very revealing underwear" in the game and as the VRU pretty much simply shown some "naughty parts" using the same style of underwear that BioWare made that worked, NWS had the "ghost" underwear since BioWare mesh was made for that underwear in mind.

So until a proper nude can be made to replace the default BioWare mesh, nude reskins will look pretty bad up close.
 dimitrije
01-26-2004, 5:30 AM
wELL YEA THATS RIGHT.BUT IF YU DONT MAKE A FULL NUDE SKIN AND INSTED OF THAT U DO A SOME KIND OD TERMAL BANDAGES(ANYONE WATCHED THE FIFTH ELEMENT MOVIE;)) U CAN GET A QUITE A, U KNOW,BETTER EFECT.
 klaas100
01-26-2004, 6:08 AM
Ok , from now on you could dl it from the above link ( look into the forum there )
 dimitrije
01-26-2004, 6:34 AM
SO ANY COMENTS,SUGESTIONS ....MAYBE..........
 Lil' Jawa
01-26-2004, 4:14 PM
What's with the shouting?
 dimitrije
01-26-2004, 5:53 PM
the shouting?
 jordie8472
01-27-2004, 1:45 PM
Hey darthface, what is verybad.zip in that directory you gave us?
 dimitrije
01-27-2004, 6:46 PM
it is a full nude bastila skin
 eidospsogos
01-27-2004, 11:05 PM
the ring around the neck is there regardless of what skin you use. the ring around the neck is there when bastila is in her underwear. the ring around the neck will ALWAYS be there because the head and the outfits are all SEPARATELY skinned, and the attempt to match the textures was not done well by the company itself.. the head model is pretty much permanent, while the out fits are not. watch the in-game cut-scenes/movies using the in-game models. even bioware's official skins didn't look all that great in that aspect.

with bastila's underwear skin she is practically naked already. and there is absolutely NO reason that a GOOD nude skin cannot be done. she may have ring around the neck, but so does every other skin in this game. i am speaking as someone with a degree in graphic design and who does image editing for a living. it may be difficult on the male characters, though from what i can tell, the scout is the only one who doesn't look like his underwear was just painted on. there are really no extras added to these meshes to make the skins appear as though their underwear is more apparent in a 3d fashion. there are no added bra staps to the 3d mesh, there is no added underwear waistband to the 3dmesh. you have basically a naked form with underwear painted on. and in most cases even that was done poorly. so, i say again, on a skin meant to emulate a practically naked human body, there is NO reason a good nude skin cannot be done.

it may take some time, and some work. but in the end if you loaded the skin for the head up as well, and did a few colour replacement experiements, with the replace clor eyedropper, the image variations tool, or even the clone brush, there is no reason that you couldn't even match the body to the head and neck BETTER than bioware did in the first place.
 Kitty Kitty
01-27-2004, 11:56 PM
I'm quite familiar with graphic editing tools, as well as methods by which to blend two bordering textures together.

The point is, that as long as you leave clothing where there are clearly modled pieces of it, you can get away with a good deal. If you remove it, and try to make it look like flesh, it looks like utter crap no matter how good you do IMO.

It's probably just a matter of acceptable tolerances. Personally, having a big fleshy bump where a bra strap or bikini or neck ring happen to be in the model is simply not of a quality I'm willing to accept. But then I also freely admit I usually tend to be rather over-perfectionistic in most of my projects. I've agonized over tiny details in models and skins that the average user would probably never even notice.. And I'm all too aware that most game companies put out garbage (IMO) when it comes to the quality and care taken for detail in their models and often the skins as well.

*shrug*

I never said you can't make a nude skin. Feel free. I just said that no matter what you do, until new models can be made, any of the models that have modeled in clothing or clothing-like features will never make a nude model that I would consider using. I don't care how blended textures are.. those big bumps look horrible, and it's just not something I'm willing to consider acceptable.

Anyway.. as I said earlier.. I never really wanted to get into some kind of war over this, so I think I'll drop the subject from here on in. You have your opinion, I have mine, good enough for me.

-Kitty
 eidospsogos
01-28-2004, 1:35 AM
i think the reason we are even having this disagreement, is because i haven't seen anything that implied to me that there was any modeling done for the sake of underwear. i am saying what i have said and am continuing to say, because from what i could tell there were no extra meshing done for the sake of a bra stap, or a jock strap. :) it does not look like these things are modeled at all to me. i could be wrong. if i am, then you are right. there is no truly effective way to make a decent nude skin.

but from what i could tell, the underwear, was a skin only job. i mean if i knew that 2 percent of the gaming population(and i am only hoping 2 percent of the population is perverted enough to want to run around with a painted polygon model for the sake of excitement;)) i would not go to the trouble of addinf the extra amount of time it would take to model tiny little things like bra straps and underwear waistbands. maybe they did so merely to thwart those perverts. :) anyway, from the little i saw of my characters in their underwear, i thought it was an all skinning job. meaning that the entire things was created solely in an image program, that all detail came from the skin, and very little if any from actual surface modeling.

but if you are correct and they did indeed take the time to add the extra amount of modeling it would take for a tiny bra strap, and other such things of that nature, then you are 100 percent correct. it would look pretty stupid.
 Kitty Kitty
01-28-2004, 1:46 AM
In fairness, since I have been playing female players, I really don't know about the male models very much. But the female models I looked at *definitely* had their clothing (what little there was) modeled in some places.

Take a look at the um.. grrr.. I *always* forget which of these is which.. but the female who's underwear is like.. brown and gold.

The bikini bottoms are modeled, as are some of the upper portions in certain areas.. for one, the strip that goes along her tummy. It's dificult to see, but if you turn the model just right, and look at it from another model's "birds eye" (caps lock), you can see that the strip of "fabric" actually stands away from the model itself a bit.

There's other spots too.. and granted, you sorta need to look for some of them.. others being more noticable.. But if I'd have ever made a skin for one of those models to look like a nude, just my own knowledge that those "bumps" were even there would drive me crazy LOL

Neways.. only bothered to reply because I think you're correct. We were both arguing in different directions and failing to meet in the middle... Which wasn't my intention, so I apologise if I came off nasty or anything. I kept feeling like you just didn't get what I was saying, but couldn't quite see how to explain it lol ;)

-Kitty
 dimitrije
01-28-2004, 8:23 AM
There were definitly some modeling done on the underware,but on a female warior(maybe fighter of something)class a bumpmap might do the job.Becouse on most of these bumps u are talking about(i'm not saying all of them just allmost all) there is just a light that is making them so "visible".
 Anach
01-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Most of the models definitely have the underwear modeled in.

once you take the textures for the skins off, youc an see the underwear still, Raised up off the model.

Its easy to make them nude, but not easy to hide these model shapes. You need to get creative with some small amount of clothes of maybe a harness etc.
 dimitrije
02-06-2004, 6:38 PM
well thats what i did.My work is downloadable at www.ishallnotpostsuchlinkshere.com) at download section u dont have to search the forums anymore,its named kotor nude patch 2.If anyone finds any other nude skins, accept nude bastila, please let me know.
 PrtyLizardJedi
03-26-2004, 4:58 PM
I ain't spamming, but geez, how someone can be this pervert
Page: 1 of 1