Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forum Name: Ewok-related or not

Page: 1 of 1
 Swoosh
01-20-2004, 4:57 AM
Alright, I'm trying to narrow down our options for the name of this forum and since we have so many ewok names coming up, I thought it would be best to decide if we want to go down this road or not.

So, vote for the ewok theme if you are sure you want a name based on the ewoks :)
If you want something else, vote for "something else."
Also, this poll is limited to one day. Tomorrow night we will move forward.

This should narrow down out options significantly.

Swoosh
 Father Torque
01-20-2004, 5:03 AM
Hmmmm this is a toughy. I want an ewok name, because then are forum would be original and humerous. But then again, how long will this ewok power thing last. Im gonna have to vote ewok on this.

We should spice it a bit, which ever category wins, ewok or non-ewok, there should be a competition, you know, to make people come up with better names. The winner would get something cool, (that can be desided later). What do you think Swoosh.
 Swoosh
01-20-2004, 5:13 AM
Yeah, I would like to have a competition of sorts...but it's hard to have that without a good prize. I think once we narrow it down to ewok or not, then we will have some type of competition with bragging rights as the prize. :)

Hopefully we can start getting some prizes donated from LEC to give out to winners of our little competitions. Maybe someday we'll have one where the winner receives a free copy of Battlefront...I see that as a possibility.

Swoosh
 Father Torque
01-20-2004, 5:18 AM
Originally posted by Swoosh
Yeah, I would like to have a competition of sorts...but it's hard to have that without a good prize. I think once we narrow it down to ewok or not, then we will have some type of competition with bragging rights as the prize. :)

Hopefully we can start getting some prizes donated from LEC to give out to winners of our little competitions. Maybe someday we'll have one where the winner receives a free copy of Battlefront...I see that as a possibility.

Swoosh

I like your thinking Swoosh. A free copy would be sweet :thumbsup:

Maybe it could be like this
1st Place: Free copy of Battlefront

2nd Place: Mod for a week. At a Battlefront Forum ONLY. THen if the person is good, a possible permanent mod job will be givin. If approved by admins.

3rd Place: Maybe some sort of memorobilia, possible a battle front shirt, or designed mug. Or to make feel bad, a box of SW: Battlefront, with no game :p.
 Swoosh
01-20-2004, 5:47 AM
Yeah, that sounds fine for a future contest, but to reiterate: NO PRIZES THIS TIME. ONLY BRAGGING RIGHTS.

Just need to make that clear :). Plus, I'm not promising anythingjust yet.

Swoosh
 Tyrion
01-20-2004, 6:37 AM
I like Massassi Temple better- and it does fit in more with the theme than an ewok-based one.

Then again, Yoda's Swamp doesnt really fit with Jedi Knight, when you think about it..:p
 Mex
01-20-2004, 7:13 AM
Originally posted by Father Torque

2nd Place: Mod for a week. At a Battlefront Forum ONLY. THen if the person is good, a possible permanent mod job will be givin. If approved by admins.

What kind of prize is this? Moderating takes hard work and I'm sure Swoosh wouldn't want someone who has no moderating ability at all to moderate these forums would he?
 Bob Gnarly
01-20-2004, 10:30 AM
:ewok: Jubb Jubb
 Sivy
01-20-2004, 11:24 AM
ewoks eh?

meh, i suppose

:)
 Pie™
01-20-2004, 2:07 PM
I'm not telling ya! :p

Ok, a hint;

It looks sort of like this :ewok: and says Yubb yubb! or the likes :|
 swphreak
01-20-2004, 2:29 PM
No.

I'd rather not goto a forum called the "Ewok Ditch."
 Pad
01-20-2004, 2:31 PM
I agree with Phreak. Ewoks are nice and all but when I think of Battlefront the first thing that comes to mind isnt an ewok ;)
 The_One
01-20-2004, 2:55 PM
Yeah, this whole Ewok theme is becoming a bit silly now - something else ;)

*Plugs The Mess Hall* :D
 Swoosh
01-20-2004, 3:00 PM
NOTICE: 14 hours remaining in this poll. Cast your vote now!
 ExcelsioN
01-20-2004, 3:10 PM
Against Ewoks. :p

Ewoks are all fun and cuddly, but they just don't deserve that place as a forum title. I still like 'Behind Friendly Lines'. :D
 eastcoast2895
01-20-2004, 3:20 PM
ewoks? why not GUNGANS!!! GO JAR JAR!!!! j/k. ehh, still though ewoks lost my vote when i saw that movie with an ewok in it that wasn't star wars.
 Mex
01-20-2004, 3:23 PM
I am againts the Ewoks. I hate them. ^_^
 ExcelsioN
01-20-2004, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by Michaelmexp
I am againts the Ewoks. I hate them. ^_^

Well said. :thumbsup:

Looks like we're winning. :D
 The_One
01-20-2004, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by Excelsion
Against Ewoks. :p

Ewoks are all fun and cuddly, but they just don't deserve that place as a forum title. I still like 'Behind Friendly Lines'. :D

You'll never guess how I just read that... "Behind Furry Lines" - now that would be a good title :p This whole Ewok thing is getting to me :(

I see Ewoks
 Alegis
01-20-2004, 3:36 PM
I voted for Ewoks, they're friendly little animals, how could anyone dislike them. And they're funny
 ExcelsioN
01-20-2004, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by The_One
You'll never guess how I just read that... "Behind Furry Lines" - now that would be a good title :p This whole Ewok thing is getting to me :(

I see Ewoks

:eek: All this Ewok stuff is starting to scare me.
 The_One
01-20-2004, 3:49 PM
:eek: All this Ewok stuff is starting to scare me.

It will pass with time.

I hope...
 ZBomber
01-20-2004, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by Michaelmexp
What kind of prize is this? Moderating takes hard work and I'm sure Swoosh wouldn't want someone who has no moderating ability at all to moderate these forums would he?

Agreed. What if a troll got it, and didn't let others know he was a troll before. He could close a bunch of threeads, etc, and cause too much trouble.

I dunno. I kinda like the idea of Ewok Village, but something better might work.....
 ExcelsioN
01-20-2004, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Agreed. What if a troll got it, and didn't let others know he was a troll before. He could close a bunch of threeads, etc, and cause too much trouble.

I dunno. I kinda like the idea of Ewok Village, but something better might work.....

Yeah, I agree too. We don't want someone to go around abusing their position. (Rather like the admins of JA). :rolleyes:

But as for a free copy, LEC will never give one away, look how snobbish as they've been over legal stuff.
 Mex
01-20-2004, 4:50 PM
Yeah, I agree too. We don't want someone to go around abusing their position. (Rather like the admins of JA). :rolleyes:

But as for a free copy, LEC will never give one away, look how snobbish as they've been over legal stuff.

Yup, I have to agree with Excel. LEC will never give a copy of Battlefront away. They're very snobbish when it comes to stuff like this.
 Swoosh
01-20-2004, 4:55 PM
Trust me guys, LEC isn't against giving copies away as prizes...it's just a matter of getting it organized properly.

Swoosh
 ExcelsioN
01-20-2004, 5:07 PM
Originally posted by Swoosh
Trust me guys, LEC isn't against giving copies away as prizes...it's just a matter of getting it organized properly.

Swoosh

:lol: Hehe.

So when do you think this forum will be renamed by?
 ZBomber
01-20-2004, 7:28 PM
:lol: Hehe.

So when do you think this forum will be renamed by?

Once everyone has had the chance to vote. :)
 Swoosh
01-20-2004, 7:29 PM
Yeah, this poll will end tonight...then I'll post a poll with some of the favorites that have been suggested already.
 RoxStar
01-20-2004, 8:55 PM
Please no ewoks.
 obi
01-21-2004, 1:20 AM
I still like The Mess Hall. I like that name a lot:)

Against Ewoks.

I have a prize for the winner! A date with me!

*contestants drop out of contest, and contest dies*

Oops. =(
 Bob Gnarly
01-21-2004, 2:18 AM
i think it should be called "O.T. Le Douche"...yeah if you have spike and if you can connect this with Swoosh's avatar you know what i mean!

The Mess Hall to me sounds...Blah, i see nor hear any personallity in that word.

Bright Tree Tops then again has a bit of shine to it (It's where Wicket was born and lived)

Or The Ewok Village, that has life to it.

while we're on topic can we get a OT name change at indyjones.net? Or does Schmatz have teh power to do that, should i be asking him.
 Swoosh
01-21-2004, 2:24 AM
yes, Le Douche!

Mamba> PM me with the name change you want...I can do it for you real quick.

Swoosh
 eastcoast2895
01-21-2004, 3:30 AM
anyone else thinking that no matter the name, for a while this forum will be an ewok village? eh, it be fun to play drums on some imperial helmets.
 GonkH8er
01-21-2004, 3:44 AM
Something without ewok in the title would be preferable :)

Something funny like

"Eat ATAT Joes"

Something with a ring to it :P

or Veers' Burger Shack..

something that can be shortened to 1 word, like the swamp.

The shack :P
 Father Torque
01-21-2004, 3:55 AM
Originally posted by GonkH8er
The shack :P

How can something so simple sound so awesome :D

I say we name it "The Shack", ya we will be groopies. This is gonna rule.
 Metallus
01-21-2004, 4:06 AM
Name it after DJG. Immediately.
Page: 1 of 1