Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Battlefront Wishlist

Page: 1 of 5
 Craftsman
01-20-2004, 3:49 AM
Please mention all the features u hope will be included in SWBF and hopefully the devs will also take notice :)

I'll start

1) That this game will be very moddable. MODS have added so much more life to BF 1942.

Cheers
 Father Torque
01-20-2004, 4:04 AM
1) I hope that it has a good physics engine. I dont wanna play a game that makes it so someones head goes through their hip. Also, a good collison field, if i run into someone, and i go through them or my arm arm goes through their face, im gonna quit

2) I also hope that the weapons cope with the environment. I dont want an explosion to look so real its fake, almost making it look like a real explosive that was imported into the game.

3) And lastly i wish that the game wont be too similar to BF:1942. If it has built in laser turrets, im gonna scream. If it has crappy ai, im gonna scream, and lastly if you can drive a vehicle of a cliff roll into the water, and still live, im gonna laug my @$$ off. :D
 Swoosh
01-20-2004, 4:50 AM
Guys, I'm gonna move this to the appropriate forum.

EDIT: Don't worry, mistakes happen :)
 Father Torque
01-20-2004, 4:58 AM
Originally posted by Swoosh
EDIT: Don't worry, mistakes happen :)

Ya, hes right, but if i catch you doing that next time your gone.

*wait i dont have the power to do that...runs
 Craftsman
01-20-2004, 5:25 AM
And i hope the maps are huge and interactive. FOr example when u fired a rocket in a wall, eirther i good chuck comes out or it cumbled badly. I alos hope hope the phyisics enine is liek Halos, when in a person is hit a missile, they go shy high.

Cheers
 Swoosh
01-20-2004, 5:54 AM
I hope the vehicles aren't cheesy and they control like one would expect them too. I want them to move like vehicles, not soldiers. That irks me when games add vehicles but then they are lame because they control unrealistically.

Swoosh
 Boba Rhett
01-20-2004, 6:07 AM
Right now my wishlist stands with just one wish; that being, "please don't suck."
 Metallus
01-20-2004, 6:15 AM
I want a Max cameo. There hasn't been one of them's for a good long while.

:max:
 Tyrion
01-20-2004, 6:41 AM
1. Uber-large maps.

2. Weapons that dont suck.

3. Explosions that are realistic, and that the trees contort to the wind.

4.High-resolution skymaps. This really does make a difference, low-quality skies make my eyes bleed.

5. Rag doll physics. Please please please, let me have the fufillment of shooting a stormtrooper off a body and see his body go splat at the bottom. :p

In no particular order, of course.
 Bob Gnarly
01-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Indiana Jones NPC.
 swphreak
01-20-2004, 2:34 PM
Multiplayer more optimized (less laggage)
Better controls for Air crafts
 Pad
01-20-2004, 2:51 PM
Realism, fair realism.
Adding physics to both soldier (getting tired) and guns (bullet dropping at distance and aiming when running).
Making the terrain interactive where you can use/abuse it (how about you throw a grenade that explodes at a tree and makes it go down or making a hole to get your ass covered).
Makes the terrains big enough and cover various gametype (Iґm sure it will be included).

Well thats a bit of my ranthing.
 The_One
01-20-2004, 3:20 PM
I have far too many to list here, so I'll just go with what this wise gentleman said...

Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Right now my wishlist stands with just one wish; that being, "please don't suck."

Basically, I want it to be "Star Warsy" - and include all the characters/enemies and vehicles we have all come to love.

If they can make it so you feel like you're fighting in one of the battles from the Star Wars films, then they've done their job right :)
 ExcelsioN
01-20-2004, 3:21 PM

Same for me. I have high hopes for this game. I just hope the devs up the graphics.
 Crazy_dog no.3
01-20-2004, 3:22 PM
No Jedi (IMPORTANT!)
All planets, vehicles, weapons, etc. Leave none out!
Episode 3 Expansion Pack! (like RtR)
Better graphics than screenshots
Ewoks!
BIG maps
Single-player option (usually I can't/don't play multiplayer, which sucks, but I must live with it. I like SP better anyway )

Better controls for Air crafts
 Alegis
01-20-2004, 3:34 PM
I agree with Tyrion, and of course, No jedi.. this has to be a guns game

a bit better graphics than in the screenies would be lovely, and also voice chat+ team balance options
 eastcoast2895
01-20-2004, 4:43 PM
crazy_dog in the interview they stated no jedi and a single player option that doesn't really have a storyline but won't be the same everytime you play it (it appears to be multiplayer with bots).

what i want is object based multiplayer like seige in jedi academy except on a much larger scale. also i know this probably won't happen but a smuggler, mercernary, bounty hunter secret faction or class would be fun. what would star wars be without its smugglers, mercernary, and bounty hunters.
 Mex
01-20-2004, 5:22 PM
My wishlist :
1) Alot of guns to keep people busy.
2) Huge environments to encourage people to use vehicles together and travel.
3) NPCs around the map like Ewoks who team up with a team if they are losing to help them. [Like Ewoks + Rebels vs Imperials]
4) Many vehicles to travel in.
 Prime
01-20-2004, 6:47 PM
I just want a cool game with no Jedi and no honour code chatting servers. I just want a game that people actually play. :)
 Doomtrooper
01-20-2004, 11:01 PM
I want stormtrooper armor to fricking DO SOMETHING! Right now, a Rebel in SP (helmet, MAYBE flak vest) has more health then a Stormtrooper (supposedly elite, every !@#$ inch of his body is covered in armor!) Also, I want the weapons to be REALISTIC (1-5 hits kill, as opposed to JA's 10 pistol shots from a weapon described as a "heavy pistol"). Plus, I want to be able to own Rebel scum as one of those flying repeater-troops or the hazard-suit men from JA.
 Miko Reglia
01-21-2004, 12:31 AM
i just hope that it turns out as good or better than battlefield 1942...

i really do hope they have great graphics so that we can have a good experience playing:D
 eastcoast2895
01-21-2004, 1:10 AM
i don't want this game to be "realistic". i don't want die within 5 hits from a pistol to the chest. i want a weapon damage system that balances the weapons and is high action.

also considering that this game isn't being made by raven, i think it safe to say gameplay won't be anything like jedi academy (if anything close to seige but probably still very different).
 RoxStar
01-21-2004, 1:29 AM
1)

A lucasforums tournement:D

2) To be a beta tester

3) Be a captain in charge of a regiment

4) The release date to be moved up to June. Like thats gonna happen...
 ZBomber
01-21-2004, 1:43 AM

Amen to that.

If it doesn't suck, (the gamplay that is) I can't get any happier.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-22-2004, 12:00 AM
1)Balanced weapons that do a good deal of damage and are balanced(unlike JA's 20 shots on the head and he's still alive).

2)Balanced vehicles

3)Balanced civs

4)An option where you choose a civ to begin with and you,re stuck with it until the game or round ends(BF1942's team swapping is horrible).

5)DO NOT SUCK.
 Astrotoy7
01-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Craftsman
Please mention all the features u hope will be included in SWBF and hopefully the devs will also take notice :)

I'll start

1) That this game will be very moddable. MODS have added so much more life to BF 1942.

Cheers

I'm not sure what the devs can do about this, but what about a MP community that doesnt whine like a pack of 12 year old girls because it turns out to be *different* than 1942..... (which has become the bane of the JA community)

Im not really sold on this game...Im dead tired of JA, and Ive had my fun in KOTOR. I really want a space combat sim, rebel strike on the cube is OK.... but I want the real thing like good ole XW/Tie fighter days !!!!

MTFBWYA
 WD_Rage
01-22-2004, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by eastcoast2895
this game isn't being made by raven

Thank goodness for that.
 DarkLord_44
01-25-2004, 6:28 PM
Well in BF1942, there was something that always bothered me. There would be vehicles that took 2 people to get it working correctly but then when lets say a guy in an artillery take kills a few guys, only the gunner gets credit for the kill. Maybe a system can be implemented for both people to receive credit?
 VanLingo
01-25-2004, 7:13 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord_44
Maybe a system can be implemented for both people to receive credit?
In SWB, though, the pilto can shoot the weapons in most vehicles. Gunners only get secondary weapons.
Originally posted by Craftsman1) That this game will be very moddable. MODS have added so much more life to BF 1942.
No! God, no. I'll be playing in a PS2, and if the cross-platform rumors are correct, modding could screw up everything. Unless, of course, you only play mod games on a dedicated server.

Anyway, my list:
1.) Strafing runs in an X-Wing (please give me proton torps!)

2.) Interactive landscape. Not so much like blowing up trees, but more like climbing rocks and hiding in bushes.

3.) Nighttime maps. Real-time might be an issue for players in separate time zones, but how about a host option to make the map at night...?

4.) And yes, I want realistic action, such as 2-or-3-hit kills. Of course, armor power-ups should be included.

Can you tell I'm a SOCOM junkie?

-- Lingo
 Thrawn
01-25-2004, 9:10 PM
I hope that the soldiers really are as diverse as they say they are. I'd also like to see multiple versions of TIE fighters, especially the TIE Interceptor.

I think the game will have enough stuff to make it different from Battlefield. The special ability feature and the special attacks for each side really have potential. The dream ability for me would be to call in a Jedi for the Republic and have it be Yoda. I mean, how cool would that be?
 eastcoast2895
01-26-2004, 12:40 AM
look at the preview from Craftsman, it says that once a certain planet is captured, they can call in darth vader to destroy all the rebels. man it be cool to see yoda or vader coming down the field laying waste to the oppossing army, i wouldn't care what side i was on.
 Craftsman
01-26-2004, 2:14 AM
I just really hope that Lucasarts gets the physics and the essencial game elements right, like the feel of the vehicles ect. And then if there is any thing else that gamers dont like, that can be fixed or added with MODS.
 Sounds Risky
01-31-2004, 12:42 AM
I want:

1) Good net-code.

2) 64 player support.
 Craftsman
01-31-2004, 6:09 AM
I also want more colourful and deatiled envioments. I hope the PC version is not toned down for the consoles sake.
 T10
01-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Well, as everyone has said, don't suck.

As I'm not very original, and I have a copy of PC Gamer with me, I might as well (attempt) to answer some questions. Firstly, it'd be too memory intensive to have EVERY planet in the game. Thay'll have the ones that featured memorable battles, or would be good places for ones, such as Endor, Geonosis and Kamino. Once a planet is beaten, it is removed from the game.

On planets, there will be NPC help. So, on Endor, the rebels WILL be assisted by the Ewoks. While, on Tatooine, the Tusken Raiders will kill anyone. This'll be fun.

Sometimes, you can call in a famous person to help you. So, Imperials can call down Vader to help. Rebels take Luke, Republic get Windu and Confeds gain Dooku. I think.

If the Imperials hold a certain planet for long enough, they can get the Death Star to destroy ONE planet, removing it from the game. No fuss.

Oh, OK, I thought of somethings by myself.
1: If you must, take longer making the PC version, so that you don't have to screw it up for PS2 owners.

2: Include Sam and Max. Oh wait, they always do that anyway. Well, ET then.
 MuRaSaMuNe
01-31-2004, 8:32 PM
Ewoks + hang glider + throwing rocks

An AT AT that's scaled to the right size....

Battle of HOTH

It'd also be nice to have monster npc's as obsticles for a team to get over such as a rancor or a kell dragon

Oh... and it'd be nice to have reasonable damage considering what weapon you're using. I hate games where it takes 20+ shots to kill someone with a rifle...
 Sounds Risky
01-31-2004, 8:57 PM
Well it looks like the PC version will in fact have 64 player support, so that's one down.
 Pie™
01-31-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Sounds Risky
Well it looks like the PC version will in fact have 64 player support, so that's one down. Only on LANs i think
 eastcoast2895
02-01-2004, 1:48 AM
yep according to ign.com's article its 64 player on lan and 32 on internet for pc and 16 on internet and 32 on lan for ps2 and xbox. 32 sounds like a big enough number to me, as long as the map sizes are right. 16 people in jedi academy multiplayer works great because of the maps. thinking about it i hope there multiple maps for each world. like naboo having a palace area map, a swamp area, and a field.
 Pie™
02-01-2004, 9:13 PM
Originally posted by eastcoast2895
thinking about it i hope there multiple maps for each world. like naboo having a palace area map, a swamp area, and a field. That would actually be awesome!! :D
*places on top of his wishlist :D
 Sam
02-01-2004, 9:58 PM
1.balanced everything.

I do not want everyone to pick a class because its better than the rest.

2.I wanna be a battledroid that goes and gets killed..........alot.
 Sounds Risky
02-01-2004, 10:08 PM
It's a shame about the 64 player support only on LAN. 32 is fine, but 64 is even better.
 eastcoast2895
02-01-2004, 11:50 PM
at least its not like 16 for the consoles. thank you mmmpie!!! for the enthusiasm for the idea, but looking at interviews and pics so far it doesn't seem likely. right now i'm hoping for complete balance or something to create an almost equal amount of each class being used because i kinda get annoyed that in seige in ja that some of the classes become useless because there special ability doesn't help out as much as it could. oh yeah and to quote a movie that's pretty good, "guns. lots of guns"
 lukeiamyourdad
02-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Sounds Risky
It's a shame about the 64 player support only on LAN. 32 is fine, but 64 is even better.

It depends. It might be really laggy on 64 players and some situation may make it worse. Such as you being stuck in the lousy newbie team...fighting 16 opponents is better then fighting 32 of them...
 MuRaSaMuNe
02-02-2004, 3:43 AM
If they tone down the polys on models and such (as they seem to be doing) it should run fairly good with a large amount of players on screen at once. 32vs32 would be very sweet
 Craftsman
02-02-2004, 11:45 AM
I want a mode where (on the net) each fraction vs each other so thats 8 players each. Yum!
 idontlikegeorge
02-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Personal weapons that aren't pure ****. Like in BF1942, where everyone whores the vehicles 'cuz that's the only fun.

Flashpoint is probably the best game... most weapons kill in one shot... unless yer a bad shot or they are lucky. Less whoring.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge
Personal weapons that aren't pure ****. Like in BF1942, where everyone whores the vehicles 'cuz that's the only fun.

You haven't played BF1942 a lot right? Guns + Vehicles are what we should seek. It was well made in BF1942 but of course when you have a gun and you're facing a tank you're gonna get killed. Don't expect to survive an encounter with an AT-AT with your simple blaster.
 Craftsman
02-05-2004, 10:40 AM
I hope that Battlefront, has certain areas or wepeons that give the player a advantage over the vehicle. The advantage may come from higher ground or from weopen that disables (not destroy) vehicles long enough to give u a head start to get away from them. (Place mines around the disabled vechicle is also perferred) :) That should really make the game balanced. Although vehices should be more powerfull that the average trooper, the trooper should have something up his sleave to even things out from time to time.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-05-2004, 8:10 PM
Of course, that's why in BF1942 you can use grenades on tanks.

And the most obvious advantage for the infantry would be in deep jungles or urban settings where the agility of the infantry would allow them to ambush vehicles quite easily.

There's also the "weak spots" on the vehicles. Like the light tank's rear armor in BF1942. One bazooka round and it blows up.
Page: 1 of 5