Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Twi'lek Based Skin

Page: 1 of 1
 Plasmacoolant
01-17-2004, 3:59 PM
 idontlikegeorge
01-17-2004, 9:02 PM
Looks good, as does all your work.

I am especially impressed with the detail of the garment ornamentation.

:thumbsup:
 Teancum
01-18-2004, 5:57 AM
Clever! I love the skin!
 SparedLife
02-08-2004, 1:29 AM
Excellant work :cool:
 Ziechel
02-08-2004, 1:47 PM
Hey, could you tell me how you did that twilek skin because all the time i try to skin a twilek, all those singleplayer things irritate me and i never get my skins to work as i want it when they are based on a SP skin
 Plasmacoolant
02-09-2004, 2:44 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Final Screenshots:
http://plasmaskins.jk2files.com/main/main_images/february04/woo-lin_variations.jpg)

Ziechel what exactly do you want to know?

If your making a multi player skin the do this;

1) Open the twi'lek .glm model in modview and select the default.skin file

2) In modview you will see a complete list of surfaces for the model (all the combinations) - turn on or off surfaces until you get the base model you want to skin - make sure you don't have surfaces overlapping eachother.

3) save the configuration when you have it how you want it.

4) open the default.skin file in notepad and using the list of surfaces you've turned on or off in modview as a guide, then go through all the surface references and place a skin location for the surfaces you want to be visible and type *off for the surfaces you dont want to be visable.

5) find the appropriate textures for the surfaces you have chosen to be visisble and skin, making sure you save them in the right locations you have specified in the default.skin file

Thats all I think. lol, does this make sense?

-Plas.
 Ziechel
02-10-2004, 1:32 PM
hm... i tried that , but there appears
MODEL NAME: c/dokumente und einstellungen/besitzer/desktop/models/players/jedi_tf/model_default.skin exceeds Max_Qpath

and when i put it in the directory of modview, there seems to be a problem with unknown file id
 Ziechel
02-10-2004, 1:34 PM
that means it appears in Modview, i already skinned a bit and know how to put some surfaces off and on, but modview doesnt even open the file
 Ziechel
02-10-2004, 1:49 PM
by the way plasma, where can i get your JAN COLLECTION?
Is this also for jk3?
 Plasmacoolant
02-10-2004, 2:45 PM
You can get the jan collection for JA from here http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=23044)

--------------------------------

I think you may have modview configured wrong - also you are trying to open a model .glm from a bad location. It should be in

\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\Base\models\players

or the equivalent JK2 folder.

Also do you have the _humanoid folder set up with these files in it

animation.cfg
animevents.cfg
_humanoid.gla

Beyond this stuff I don't know what else could be the trouble.
 Ziechel
02-10-2004, 2:58 PM
Sry but i used photoshop until now. These humanoid.gla and the animevents.cfg and this other thing doesnt appear.
You said JK2 directory in your reply, works this only for jk2 ?
hm.. anyway, thx ill stay at skinning with adobe photoshop painting ;)
 Plasmacoolant
02-11-2004, 2:26 AM
I use photshop too. Modview is not a graphics program it's a program that lets you see the model and its textures.

Having to load up the game every time you want to check a change you make is too much trouble. Modview also lets you access all the animations as well as the different combinations of surfaces.

Anyway, whatever suits you best. :)

-Plas.
Page: 1 of 1