Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

all force powers (no-hex)

Page: 2 of 2
 CDRSeadog
01-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Thank you, Kitty Kitty. I could not have made a better tutorial, as it were, on how I made up the "featgain" file...the same holds tru for the "classpowergain" file...except that there are only five columns:

(Row Label) Label jcn jsn jgd

(Row Label) you can ignore...label goes from 1 thru 20 - and indicates level, i.e. label1= level1, etc...

jcn = Jedi Consular jsn = Jedi Sentinel jgd = Jedi Guardian

the numbers underneath them indicate how many force powers only that the Jedi will get for that particular level. So, for instace:

(Row Label) Label jsn jsn jgd

5 6 1 0 1

This means that when a Jedi attains level 6, they will get one (1) new Jedi Power at that level if they are either a Jedi Sentinel, or a Jedi Guardian - if they are a Jedi Sentinel - they do not get a new force power.

So - to give our Jedi Sentinel a force power at level 6 - we merely change that zero to "1" (or whatever number you would care to place in stead of zero).

And you are correct - the same simple idea holds true in the "featgain" file - only there are more columns (as you so excellently illustrated above).

All I did on my modifications were to award feats in such a way as so I could guarantee My own dual classed character - a level 8 Scout/Level 12 Sentinel - would be awarded enough feats to get ALL of the combat feats NORMALLY awarded in the game...as well as (in my case I am a Light Force Jedi) all of the Light Force Jedi Powers by the time I attained level 20.

I re-tweaked the two files a tad differently when I offered to share them with others - so that anyone playing whatever class would get ample feats/powers to pretty much max out their character however they may desire.

Of course - if someone chooses a straight class character, i.e. Soldier/Jedi Guardian...they are probably going to pretty much get every feat in the normal game...as well as possibly having to take on some Dark Side force powers. Voila!!

Hmmm - when I wrote this reply - the numbers all lined up under their respective columns *shrugs* Oh well - I think people will get the idea *chuckles*
 Anach
01-22-2004, 4:36 PM
I edited the spells.2da file instead to allow you to select any force power, without needing to go up one level at a time. So you can go straight to Force Storm etc, at any time and if you cheat to go to level 20 straight away, you can have all the force powers at top levels.

I havent done the feats yet though.

Thanks for the idea.
 WhiteStripes27
01-22-2004, 8:57 PM
I would appreciate those mods that you guys are offering. I used to only have this game for xbox but all of the fun modding that people were doing convinced me to but the pc version. I have tried some modding before but i am not very good at it. so i would appreciate your mods to increase my fun gameplay.

dbgt27@hotmail.com is my email. thanks
 eidospsogos
01-22-2004, 11:18 PM
i tell you one thing. fred tetras kotor tool is a d@mn brilliant program. that program made it easy for someone who had never even heard of 2da's before kotor(me :)) to understand exactly what was going on in them, and how to edit them very easily.

big question though, and i'll probably start a thread in hopes of having it answered sooner, but when you start the game you have a base of 8 in all attribute categories and are awarded 30 attribute points to distribute. does anyone know ehre the info for this is stored? i have not found it in the 2da's directory.
 Blood_raven8
01-23-2004, 12:15 AM
 Akira X
01-23-2004, 1:48 AM
I now created a file that gives all classes light saber proficientcy. I'm also working on giving animal skills or somthing like that to players just a thing to look into :)
 xphs_shinhwa
01-24-2004, 2:41 AM
as above...
r2_d@hotmail.com

and thanks.
 Buffy
01-24-2004, 10:12 AM
please send me too and readme too how to install and delete .

BuffySithSlayer@aol.com

thank you :)
 drakenon
01-24-2004, 12:49 PM
sk8terkid81 could you send them over incoming@adelphia.net
 Amon
01-26-2004, 7:30 AM
Can you send it to me, please....
 NicoW
01-27-2004, 5:24 PM
Hey, please send me a copy too PostBoxAtHome@Web.de:)
 bantha poo doo
01-27-2004, 6:26 PM
here's my email adress

roman_elazar@yahoo.com
 saxter2004
01-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Send it to me again Please. I got an e-mail but no file!
Saxter2003@hotmail.com
 feyss
01-29-2004, 6:32 PM
I would luv that 2

feyss@yahoo.com

Thanx & keep up the good work
 Tianhou_Zhong
02-03-2004, 7:08 PM
Sounds good! Here is my E-mail: zhongtianhou@earthlink.net can you sent it to me? Thanks
 BOOM and i like
02-04-2004, 1:54 AM
sounds like fun Brolly_LSS@hotmail.com

thanks
 Grizzly2004
02-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Please send it to me

And how do you aktivate it

My e-mail is db@bostream.nu
 Supreme Cracker
02-04-2004, 2:20 PM
I would like to try it too :D

my mail- tepsic7@yahoo.com

Again thanks and w00t on the good work
 ViperiuĀ§
02-04-2004, 10:25 PM
cant you send it to me aswell..thanxs nemesisfury47@hotmail.com
 discostu2004
02-04-2004, 10:38 PM
please send it to mee too

thebumblebeebutt@hotmail.com
thx lots
 Kitty Kitty
02-04-2004, 10:47 PM
I've added what I THINK is CDRSeadog's mod hosted by Blood_Raven8 in the stuck tools and mods thread to help people find it.

A lot simpler than everyone having to ask for it to be emailed and such. ;)

-Kitty
 discostu2004
02-04-2004, 11:03 PM
imma a loser what am i suppose to do with the .2da files? i got em but dunno how to use em
 Kitty Kitty
02-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Put them in the Overrides folder.

Default location should be like C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override or something like that.

An easy way to find it for "PC Challenged" folks is to find any shortcut that runs KotOR (including the one on the start menu), right click, and select "Properties".

Click the "Find Target" button, and you'll go to the main folder for KotOR, then just find the Override folder and copy the 2da files you downloaded into that folder. ;)

-Kitty
 discostu2004
02-04-2004, 11:28 PM
thx bunch
 discostu2004
02-04-2004, 11:50 PM
another question, is there like a tutorial on how to use these .2das, i put em in the override folder, now what? i dunno how to use them. forgive me for being slow please
 Kitty Kitty
02-04-2004, 11:58 PM
You don't really "use them". They just change the game's normal behavior in various ways depending on what exactly was changed.

So just run a game of KotOR and the mod(s) you've installed will do their thing(s). To be sure to get the full benefit of many of them, it's often wise to begin a new game.

-Kitty
 discostu2004
02-05-2004, 12:00 AM
i started a new game and all, now howcome i can't get all feats? is there something i need to do? and when i get force sensitive is there something i need to do when i get a level up?
 Kitty Kitty
02-05-2004, 1:17 AM
To be completely honest, I've never used this particular mod. It SHOULD just work once those files are in the Override folder. Shouldn't need to do anything special at all.

Are you certain you aren't gaining more feats than normal? It's also possible it might only work for certain classes. Would need to ask the author unless there's any kind of readme or instructions. Sorry I can't be a little more helpful. I just don't know for sure what *exactly* this mod is supposed to do.

-Kitty
 discostu2004
02-05-2004, 1:31 AM
k thx though kitty
 CDRSeadog
02-05-2004, 3:24 PM
Re How My Modified Files Work: I had originally written this for my fourth game - in which I was playing a level 8 Scout/level 12 Jedi Sentinel. These files were written to give my particular character all the "combat feats" and all of the "Light Side Jedi Powers" only - and the feats/force powers were spread out in such a fashion as to be doled out while leveling my character up to level 20.

Due to requests - I 'tweaked" the "featgain" and the "classpowergain" files to arbitrarly give out feats and (once a character became a Jedi) force powers so that any and/or all characters would easily get double or more feats/force powers than the game originally allowed for.

One thing I do want to make clear - I never modified the "publically posted" files to give out ALL feats/force powers...nor did I ever intend the files to give out all feats/force powers at the first few level-ups for ANY given class (though I did make custom files for several - on request - as to what they wanted).

I have cautioned people downloading my modified files that - though they worked for all game characters upon level-up...and though they would work for most other Mods - they would come in conflict with any other Mod that also dealt with feats and/or force powers. Also of note is that I DID NOT modify the files to give out feats/force powers out of class range.

I hope this clears up any questions or problems. All anyone has to do is download the files from Blood Raven's website http://www.geocities.com/kotor) mods/ -- put either or both files in the game's Override file - you DO NOT need to start up a new game to use.
 docsein
02-10-2004, 2:42 AM
Hey, this place is great! and this mod sounds even better. Can you send it to me, please. I can't wait to try this out. Thanx buddy.
 docsein
02-10-2004, 2:44 AM
stupid me! forgot my e-mail. It's docsein@wanderingaround.ca
thanks again.
 mcdaniel
02-10-2004, 7:46 AM
Hi
Can you mail me this?
galak@start.no

Thanks
McDaniel :saberb:
 dragon_weisance
02-11-2004, 2:11 AM
I would really like it. Plz send it to me.

E-mail = dragon_weisance@yahoo.com

Thnx
 docsein
02-12-2004, 8:59 PM
Does anyone know how to edit the number of attribute and skill point your allowed at each level? If you do can you help me out please. Thanks guys.
And thanks for all the tips everyone's posted, it's made things a lot easier.
 docsein
02-14-2004, 4:52 AM
I found how to increase the number of Skill points, but i still can't increase the number of Attribute points at each level, can someone pls help me out.
 Sunslayer
02-14-2004, 5:44 AM
Email it to me (archangel@bresnan.net) and I'll host it for you.
Page: 2 of 2