Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Greetings and Salutations...

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Groovy
01-17-2004, 6:33 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have done this, but I could not resist with the cool colors and fancy look to this site.

Anyways, since this is the first thread, I thought it be appropriet to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves. My name is Darth Groovy, and I am pretty excited about the game, and I really dig the website.

I usually lurk around jk.net, but I'll be hanging around here more often too.
 ExcelsioN
01-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Yup, hi all. :)

Lets just hope that this game lives up to what people are expecting.

And Groovy, this forum looks better the the jk ones. It looks more up-to-date.:atat:

Edit: And who's gonna be the mods? Are you?
 obi
01-17-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm obi13, as most of you that read this know. I'm excited about the game as well, and the site&forums are looking fantastic.

As for mods, we're not worried about them just yet, but there'll be some. We won't leave this place unattended, trust me. ;)
 Crazy_dog no.3
01-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi I'm the 3rd out of the 6 or so reincarnations of Crazy Dog. ;)

battlefield 1942+ Star Wars= kick ass!
 Hermie
01-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Hullo, im Herminator, but you can call me Hermie. (ONLY you though, no-one else:mad: )

I lurk around the different forums, possibly posting at times, and I cant wait until this game hit the stores.

<EDIT> look at my title, im a monkey!!!! I seem to have done a toilet out of your floor.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Hello!

I'm lukeiamyourdad but also known as Luke's dad. I came from GB.com but as recently moved back and forth from there to SWK.

I'm a better then average but not as good as the experts at BF1942 and I'm sure I'll find my way through this very exciting game!

Can't way to drive an AT-AT:atat: :D

PS: How will you choose the mods anyway? I'm a bit curious.
 obi
01-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Well, we'll choose mods(I say "we'll" but I'll probably have nothing to do with the mod choosing, and it'll be up to the admin of these forums), probably based on who comes here, who has pretty good posts (not post count, posts), and who we think is probably overdue for a promotion.

Or, we'll just put a bunch of names on a wall and throw darts.
 Swoosh
01-17-2004, 1:41 PM
Yeah...basically if you want to be a mod, hang out around here for a while and be a good poster and we'll take notice. We'll do it democratically, I promise :)
 Darklighter
01-17-2004, 2:01 PM
Hello, I'm Darkilghter, the very same that usually hangs around the Swamp area ;) I recently had a look at the info for the game...and I must say, the screens just blew me away. It looks fantastic, no doubt I'll wanna add it to my ever-increasing SW games library :D
 The_One
01-17-2004, 3:06 PM
Hi, my name is The_One and I've been suffering...

Oh, wrong introduction :p I thought I'd take this new forum for a test drive, I must say this game has lots of potential, indeed, so does the forum and site.

Let me be the millionth person to say the site and forum look damn good ;) I like the colour scheme, and graphics - good job Swoosh!

I always find anticipating a game can be a lot more enjoyable than when it finally arrives, let us revel in this time of joy!
 Bob Gnarly
01-17-2004, 3:31 PM
w00t, this game looks great i know i'l have it...soon...when its out...whenever that is...

I'm digging the colors here also.

EDIT, lol my avatar disappered.
 Jed
01-17-2004, 3:58 PM
Hello, I'm Jed, and I'm a complete --

*car horn honks*

Lemme try this again....and I'm a complete --

*dog barks*

:indif:
 swphreak
01-17-2004, 4:51 PM
You should get that fixed Jed.

I'm Phreak, I'll be lurking around here. I post at a couple of forums here, mainly GB, Star Wars,Aresen, and sometimes the Swampie forums.

And obi, you rock. Blue Collar Comedy Tour rules.

And why would this place need mods now? I see 3 Supermods an Admin right there :p
 ZBomber
01-17-2004, 5:32 PM
I'm ZBomber, And I was the one making noices over Jed. :p

Looks nice. ;)
 Celladur
01-17-2004, 5:59 PM
Hi, I'm me I don't visit any of the lucas forums to much, But RecentlyI I've become slowly more active in the JA and KOTOR forums.

EDIT, why the hell am I a monkey?
 ExcelsioN
01-17-2004, 7:10 PM
Originally posted by Celladur
EDIT, why the hell am I a monkey?

Check out this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121470) thread.
 Tyrion
01-17-2004, 8:11 PM
I'm Tyrion, and I am an alcoholic.

Oops, wrong room. :p

Cant..hold..it..in..

No...must stop.

No no no no.

Cant say it..ahh screw it!

CAN I BE A MOD?

:D

(Btw Obi, I loved the Blue Collar Comedy Tour when I saw it on Comedy Central. How to tell if you are a redneck..)
 topshot
01-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Um, I'm Topshot, and I'm a......

*lightsaber igniting sounds.*

Damn, there must be a censor screen around here. I guess I'll just say........here's your sign, and I want you to wear it all the time. j/k :p (I've got Here's Your Sign:Reloaded, by the way. Actually, it's my bro's, but you get the idea.)

I must say that Battlefront looks like it's going to be good, even by my standards.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-18-2004, 3:34 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion

CAN I BE A MOD?

Use some subtlety :D

Hasn't this thread gone off-topic already :p
 Jed
01-18-2004, 4:31 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Use some subtlety :D

Hasn't this thread gone off-topic already :p

Aye, but I don't really want to close it...I'm compelled to keep it open.

Now INTRODUCE YOURSELF, damnit XD
 Tyrion
01-18-2004, 5:09 AM
Originally posted by Jed
Aye, but I don't really want to close it...I'm compelled to keep it open.

Now INTRODUCE YOURSELF, damnit XD

Well everyone here knows each other pretty well.(except you of course, but you make it your job to be an enigma.)
 Hermie
01-18-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by topshot
Um, I'm Topshot, and I'm a......

*lightsaber igniting sounds.*

>.< *slaps Z* will you stop that?!! its the mods job to cencor, and despite your 7000 posts, your not (yet).
 swphreak
01-18-2004, 3:42 PM
Luke, if you've learned anything in GeeBee, is off-topic :p
 Pie™
01-18-2004, 4:16 PM
Hi, i'm pie...
I like long walks in the moonlight, and romantic dinners for 2
I look forward to having a long night with you and th.... Eh... sorry, wrong forum :p
Battlefronts looks awesome, and so does these forums. ;)
*Sigh* yet another place to visit... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Herminator_64
>.< *slaps Z* will you stop that?!! its the mods job to cencor, and despite your 7000 posts, your not (yet).
Ehm... Topshot "only" has like 2700 posts ;)
 Hermie
01-18-2004, 4:34 PM
Z!! -=>Z <=-

as in Zbomber! read his post.
 Pie™
01-18-2004, 5:02 PM
Eh, sorry... Just the fact that you quoted topshot put me off :o

Anyways, here's a :biggs: for your trouble :|
 Father Torque
01-18-2004, 5:04 PM
Wow, great idea lfn :thumbsup:

BTW, who did the layout, its simply awesome.

So, gotta make this a Swamp#2, without all of the caos, and spam:)

EDIT: Opps

I am Father Torque, i am a swampie. I am very exited about the new game, and plan on spending alot of time here.
 Mex
01-18-2004, 5:24 PM
Hiya, I'm Michaelmexp I post at Yoda's Swamp alot of the time since alot of friendly people go there.

This place looks pretty nice one of the best at Lucasforums I have to say.

So, err. Happy posting all. :)
 Thrik
01-18-2004, 8:09 PM
Battlefront? Is that like some kind of Napster?
 Swoosh
01-18-2004, 8:24 PM
Torque> I did the graphics and forum, mattwindu did the back end programming for the site, and Jed did the content. We did the whole site in 4 days, which is by far a record from lfn.

Swoosh
 Pie™
01-18-2004, 8:26 PM
Originally posted by Swoosh
Torque> I did the graphics and forum, mattwindu did the back end programming for the site, and Jed did the content. We did the whole site in 4 days, which is by far a record from lfn.

Swoosh Congrats! :D
Really outstanding work! props to you! ;)
 The_One
01-18-2004, 8:38 PM
I think I might commission Swoosh to give the Dark Forces Mod Forum a make over ;)
 ExcelsioN
01-18-2004, 8:41 PM

Swoosh

4 days? And it still looks better than any other forums. You must be a pro. :cool:
 Swoosh
01-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Well, I guess I am technically a pro...I do try to make money off of web design :)

Haven't made too much yet though, any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated :)

Swoosh
 ZBomber
01-18-2004, 10:12 PM
What exactly is it you need our help for? :) Looks like everything is set up, and except for the fact that not many people seem to notice this new forum. :(
 Pie™
01-18-2004, 10:14 PM
We could all just put some kind of link or reference in our sig!
Like myself and michaelmexp have done :D
 Swoosh
01-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh, I was talking about money :)

I need customers for my web business or I need to go find a job...

More people will come once the site is launched, which should be tonight.

Swoosh
 ZBomber
01-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Oh, I was talking about money :)

More people will come once the site is launched, which should be tonight.

Swoosh

I have honestly thought about giving money, but
1. I have no money to give away. I already owe my mom 70 bucks. =S
2. My parents wouldn't feel comfortable about me sending money to people I don't know, and I don't know if I would either.... :(

Sorry, but maybe some of the older people that have some money to spare will come along.

Just wondering, how much money do you charge for a site. :)

EDIT - You could always start a little business, beside the current job (if you have one) you have. Your good with sites, so maybe make one, send it in to a search engine, and wait for some people who need some sites. I'm sure many people would do it. :)

You may want to consider some of that, I've seen a few sites that offer webspace, and if you need, they can have people help/make you a site. :)

Anyways, just blabbin off stuff thqat comes off the top of my head, sorry if I'm goin a little off topic. ^_^

EDIT 2 - Ok, you could give webspace to companies then. ^_^
 Swoosh
01-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Well, let's just say that me and my partner design sites for businesses...so unless you're a rich individual, don't bother :)

We actually charge very little compared to most other web design companies because we're students. But, we're reasonable and flexible :)

Swoosh
 Father Torque
01-18-2004, 10:29 PM

I would of done business with you guys, but i couldnt afford it. Have you ever tried going to newly started businesses and asking them if they need a site.

Hey my dad is highly ineed of a website. Ill ask him about it. Maybe he will say yes. I tried making him one, but it wasnt as good as your guys work. I will let you guys know if he is interested.

Cant wait for the Battlefront website, btw. Do you guys need any extra help setting it up and managing it? Or need info poster people?
 Swoosh
01-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Torque> We actually have a good sized staff right now and the site is finished, but I will let you know. That's a good idea about going to newly opened businesses...wonder where one would find a good listing of that...
 Father Torque
01-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Torque> We actually have a good sized staff right now and the site is finished, but I will let you know. That's a good idea about going to newly opened businesses...wonder where one would find a good listing of that...

Ok, sounds like you guys are pretty much done;) . I will search google for a list. I can look up some businesses that might need your services if i knew where you lived, in general prospective.
 Captain Wilson
01-18-2004, 10:58 PM
ohhhh look at the site!
nice colours, wilson like :D
hey, im C. Wilson, everyone ignores me preaty much, so.....
:D
 Father Torque
01-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Hey Swoosh, you wont believe what i just found. Its a list of people asking for websites in the LA area. The website is called Craiglists, and it has certain web design jobs for many major citys. Here is the link to some people in the LA area. Craglist (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/art/). I found a guy offering 55-65k for doing some graphic and flash work. Hope this helps you out. Contact me if you would like additional help :)

Here (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/art/22570779.html) is one imparticular you might fancy. Its the one offering 55-65k for a "wowy" website.

And if you really want a super real good paying web design job, here (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/art/22473712.html) is your acces key. Its a job for a company that does techinal work for Warner Bros. Phizer. Turner. Paul Mitchell. and other companies. Pays 30,000 a year.

Back onto the topic. Why arent very many new people comin to the battlefront forums?
 Swoosh
01-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Torque! Thanks for the link, I'll check it out! :D
 RoxStar
01-19-2004, 2:58 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
I'm obi13, as most of you that read this know. I'm excited about the game as well, and the site&forums are looking fantastic.

As for mods, we're not worried about them just yet, but there'll be some. We won't leave this place unattended, trust me. ;)

Yoou're not? Rats

*hides fireworks*
 Father Torque
01-19-2004, 3:20 AM
Welcome RoxStar. Good to have ya. You probably know me from the swamp.

So, what are you looking forward to in battlefront?
 Darth Groovy
01-19-2004, 5:53 AM
Originally posted by Thrik
Battlefront? Is that like some kind of Napster?

Actually it's a new series of cooking ware, like teflon coated, only better. :)
 STTCT
01-19-2004, 6:20 AM
You guys the site looks awesome - as does this forum.

I'm very impressed. I love the colors and the look! Oh its so great to see something new and exciting!
 The_One
01-19-2004, 3:32 PM
Swoosh, I'm being serious, would you be interested in giving the DFMOD Forum a bit of a make over - to bring it closer in line with the site?

I'll pay you with something :p Not sure what, or you could just do it out of sweet charity ;)
Page: 1 of 2