Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about romance mod ..

Page: 2 of 2
 cry_of_paine
09-07-2005, 12:20 AM
That's a bit tougher. There are two scripts that the dialog refers to: k_punk_bastrom and k_punk_bastromn. Unfortunately, those are both compiled, so I don't know what they're supposed to do.

The way I see it, there's two options. First, see if some kind soul on here will help translate the pcode file into something easier to understand.

Second, try and guess what that code is doing and make a whole new script to override it.

I'd prefer to know what it was supposed to do, but I can't make heads or tails of this pcode stuff. So I'll see if I can gain a clue based on the dialogs. And keep a close watch on this spot just in case someone wants to earn a couple ls points. :D

[edit]
Actually, I've been thinking about this, and I really would like to know how to read this stuff, since I can think of a few other scripts that I want to mod in the near future. I've read the tutorial by Torlak ( http://www.torlack.com/index.html?topics=nwndata_ncs) ) but it didn't really help much. Any suggestions?
 Tupac Amaru
09-07-2005, 5:27 AM
That's a bit tougher. There are two scripts that the dialog refers to: k_punk_bastrom and k_punk_bastromn. Unfortunately, those are both compiled, so I don't know what they're supposed to do.

All they do is check a global variable. Don't know if it will help.

// k_punk_bastrom.nss
int StartingConditional() {
int iResult = (GetGlobalNumber("K_SWG_BASTILA") == 12);
return iResult;
}

// k_punk_bastromn.nss
int StartingConditional() {
int iResult = (GetGlobalNumber("K_SWG_BASTILA") != 12);
return iResult;
}
 cry_of_paine
09-07-2005, 9:00 PM
Is that all? I could tell that it was doing that much, but I couldn't tell what it was doing with all the movs and stuff.

If that's all it's doing then, there shouldn't be any problems. If you get to the point of the kiss, DO NOT talk to Bastila, EVER AGAIN (other than when you have to - if she starts it). If you talk to her once she exits the room, you screw up the romance and won't get those dialogs later on. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what I've read. But right now, I just got to the kiss point, and that variable is set to 12. And I haven't talked to her after that, so I'm pretty sure that's what you need to do.
Page: 2 of 2