Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Router I.P

Page: 1 of 1
 Jeansy
01-08-2004, 9:29 AM
How do i find the IP number of my router?
 Jeansy
01-08-2004, 9:32 AM
And how do I open ports? Thanks.
 gotcha8903
01-08-2004, 6:56 PM
that all depends on the router. check your instructions manual (the what?), it should be in there.

I have a lnksys router, and I enter the IP address (192.168.1.1) into the address bar in internet explorer. I get asked for a password/username (mine defaults at no name and admin as the password). Then there is a menu tab called applications and gaming, and it has port forwarding under it. This will most likely be different on other routers, but I listed it because the last person that asked me also used linksys.

Also, if you want your IP address, go to http://whatismyip.com/).
 Jeansy
01-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Ok I'll search the manual for finding the i.p thanks alot for the help.
 Andy867
01-17-2004, 7:55 AM
Originally posted by gotcha8903
that all depends on the router. check your instructions manual (the what?), it should be in there.

I have a lnksys router, and I enter the IP address (192.168.1.1) into the address bar in internet explorer. I get asked for a password/username (mine defaults at no name and admin as the password). Then there is a menu tab called applications and gaming, and it has port forwarding under it. This will most likely be different on other routers, but I listed it because the last person that asked me also used linksys.

Also, if you want your IP address, go to http://whatismyip.com/).

I also have a linksys router(Wireless) and once the guy at linksys gave me the breakdown of the basics of it (since I told him I knew the # of the ports to open, he was able to guide me. and since that day(like 3 years ago on my original router) I have been to host like 2 servers off one cable connection (set the maxrate to 2,000 each for like 5 players) and no one ever complained (even the whiners didnt complain;) ) so if you ever need help on the router stuff, just give me a holler.
 gotcha8903
01-17-2004, 3:41 PM
2 servers on a cable connection? wow. i guess you got the more expensive wireless computer card, mine has a maxrate of 11 mbps, and my dads new laptop gets 54 mbps :(
 Andy867
01-20-2004, 4:54 AM
No, just that the server itself is wired to the router, and my connection is a 2Mb download/128-256K upload (more towards the 256 than the 128). But lately, I've just been running one server, so that all the bandwidth is available to it for the best performance achievable :)
 TripleM25
01-23-2004, 8:35 PM
I have a linksys wireless router, and i entered the ports into the port triggerring under the port forwarding tab under my router. I tried putting them under the port forwarding, but everytime i applied it with my LAN ip, as it is under the status tab, my ip would change. I wanted to know what my friend would put in the console to connect to my non-dedicated server.
 Andy867
01-23-2004, 10:01 PM
well, you have to set the IP under the forwarding tab to the IP of the server machine, which will be like 192.168.100.101 or something (default) but for your friend to join, he must type in your actual Network IP (ROUTER's IP). Also, make sure under the filter option to make sure that BLOCK WAN REQUEST is DISABLED (Enabled by Default) or your friend wont be able to establish a connection. Also, it never hurts to set the DMZ to the server IP as well.
 TripleM25
01-24-2004, 12:21 AM
I did what u said, but when i put in the ip in port forwarding and apply it, it changes my ip to something else.
 TripleM25
01-24-2004, 12:22 AM
oh yeah, I wanted to know if i could use port triggering instead of port forwarding. Thanks
Page: 1 of 1