Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

stupid respawning...

Page: 1 of 1
 Ockniel
01-07-2004, 6:48 AM
can someone give me their email and i give them a SMALL map with a vehicle in it and you make it respawn and send it back?

thanks
 Torchy
01-07-2004, 11:20 AM
 Ockniel
01-14-2004, 1:40 AM
I did,

ive looked everywhere for tutorials, but none of them work

when i did that one the vehicles don't even show up! thats why im asking someone with better results to help me here...

ps- I can make them show up, just not respawn
 Altus_Thrawn
01-14-2004, 9:07 PM
Yeah I got the same problem of showing up but not respawning.

I don't understand the worldspawn's spawnscript, as well as Icarus?
 gotcha8903
01-15-2004, 1:17 AM
i can try to get it working, just send it to me at tfc_carter@hotmail.com. if its relly big (1 mb+), tell me and i'll give you another address
 RalKon
01-16-2004, 5:28 PM
Something I have noticed appears to happen by setting up a script that auto spawns vehicles, is that it seems to make the map crash and reset the server. For this reason, I have been hooking trigger multiples to the NPC.... that way the player spawns the vehicle when it needs it, and doesnt cause the game to run a vehicle that no one is using...

This is just my thoughts... not that its the perfect way of doing it or nothing
 gotcha8903
01-17-2004, 4:37 AM
check your mail
 Ockniel
01-18-2004, 12:14 PM
thanks dude, ill see if it works
 Ockniel
01-24-2004, 7:43 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Ive been trying to make that work for so long!

THANK YOU!!!!!
 Ockniel
02-07-2004, 3:29 AM
ok, this is weird, I copied your swoop into my map and changed all the things that had to do with swoops to "tauntaun" and I just bsp'd it for the first time (without light) because Ive been having problems with this map, but they didnt show up, why?
 [ONE]Mushroom
02-07-2004, 4:57 AM
Obviously I haven't seen the map, but I'll hazard a guess...

Did you change the keys targetname and npc_target for the vehicle entity?

If so...

Either

Change them back (they are just labels - they don't have to say tauntaun, they could say AT-ST for all the difference it would make)

Or

Use BehavEd.exe to change the spawnscript, replacing the targetname with the targetname you gave the tauntaun entity (e.g. swoop1 -> tauntaun1)
 Ockniel
02-07-2004, 7:08 AM
ahhh,

I think I get it, thanks dude, ill see if it worked.
Page: 1 of 1