Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to run Sam & Max cd rom with windows XP?

Page: 1 of 1
 AndrewL
01-04-2004, 3:54 AM
yea, ummm how do I run the sam and max cd rom and get the sound to work with windows XP? I read something about Aaron Giles but I can't find anything. Help would be appreciated. Since i just bought the friggin game offa ebay.
 Skinkie
01-04-2004, 4:36 AM
Use ScummVM, that's pretty much the solution to every problem imaginable.
 Samnmax221
01-04-2004, 6:37 PM
Most of us have the orginal DOS version and use SCUMM VM
 Quackass
01-04-2004, 9:30 PM
make your own oldschool game server, it would cost you like $20!

and get one of those switches, so you can have two computers hooked upto 1 mouse, keybord and monitor and switch between the two computers

i think thats what i'm going to do
 Jake
01-04-2004, 11:02 PM
LucasArts released an XP compatible version of the Sam & Max exe recently that you can get from people who live in Europe (where the new version was released). Ask for it (called the "Entertainment Pack version") in the Mixnmojo help forum and someone will surely give you the pieces of it you need to play the game properly. You'll still need the data files off of your CD, just a new exe.
 Mr Flibble
01-27-2004, 9:48 PM
I'm inclined to say SCUMMVM (http://www.ScummVM.com) as well, although please note, the latest version is being released part by part, as they programme it.

You could get the older one, its pretty much the same.
But be warned. Its notoriously hard to set up. Thats what put me off. (TANDY-SOUND CHIP??? WE DON'T NEED NO FREAKIN' SOUND CHIP!!!!!Oh wait, we do. Thats why I'm stuck with internal PC sound for Maniac Mansion)

Or, more simply, you could make a boot disc, which loads only the required game files.

Theres this program you can download called TURBO, which slows down your computer.( Sorry, I don't have a link)

Try over at IndyJones.Net. That editing forum.... they're real boffins. They should be able to sort you out.
 Jake
01-29-2004, 5:37 PM
 sheaday6
01-30-2004, 1:40 AM
oh, very nice. *golf clap*
Page: 1 of 1