Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

BSP help

Page: 1 of 1
 SpecialForces
12-30-2003, 3:36 PM
I made a box map with hoth sky and snow floor, and I placed a player_start in the middle, but what bsp should i use and the ones I have tried never stop bsping and give me an eror.

How do I bsp the map?
 GothiX
12-30-2003, 4:11 PM
What options have you used, and what error did they bring up?
 [SASH]Nathan
12-31-2003, 5:04 AM
make sure you didnt make the box using CSG subtract :), make sure its water tight, does that sky shader give out light? if not make sure you palce a light in it also.

best bsp options is the ones with test next to it, then use the final bsp option with bounce 8 for final bsp creation.
A BSP for a box with what you discribe shouldnt take long ( on my pc its well under a minute erm like 10secs :) )

also hows big is the box? i dont think there is a min. for the size of a map but there is certainly a max gridsize to use, make it 1000units by 1000 to start with. hope this helps
Page: 1 of 1