Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there ANY way at all to WALK in this game?

Page: 1 of 1
 Wes Janson
12-29-2003, 8:38 AM
I finally have my hands on the PC version of this incredibly addictive masterpiece (god, I love getting on Bastie's nerves!)

One of the minor annoyances, though, is that I cannot find any way to merely walk in any given direciton. I'm always forced to jog to all my destinations.

Is there some kind of option that I'm missing -- or a hack perhaps -- that'll let me toggle on the option to walk?
 Prime
12-29-2003, 2:36 PM
The answer is no.
 Wes Janson
12-29-2003, 8:54 PM
Poop...
 Lil' Jawa
12-29-2003, 9:28 PM
Perhaps if you had some special mouse/keyboard/gamepad software that allows you to record macros or specify buttons you could make it tap forward very fast but not hold and you would only "walk" just like when you tap your mouse button but not hold it in-game though that is very time-consuming and, annoying :)

Simple answer is no, maybe Bioware will add feature in a patch if we nag them about it enough though? :)
 eidospsogos
12-30-2003, 12:13 AM
why would you want to walk in this game? it got annoying enough just being able to run. i mean sometimes i feel it would be a nice additive for ambience purposes. but geez on kashyyk it would have been downright hell.
 Wes Janson
12-30-2003, 2:40 AM
Well, on the Eban Hawk, for one. It would have been nice to walk instead of hurrying around the place. Or when in the close confines of a shop or cantina.

Of course, in the larger areas, I'd be jogging my booty off. But it would have been nice to be given the option to walk.
 adey12
12-30-2003, 7:55 AM
Yes i hope some one makes a mod to walk like a civilean.

I hope Bio makes a patch to walk.

Cos when im in a ship or building i like to walk around so can see everything and no chance of missing anything.

When you wondering the plains of tatooine or Dantoine i wish you drive some kinda vehicle to get you around faster

There my only dislikes of the game every thing else is cool
 Celladur
12-30-2003, 12:53 PM
I always thought you could run if you had heavy armour.
 Lil' Jawa
12-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Running is what keeps you and your party in top trim! I mean how would it look if Canderous had a beer belly or Bastilla had legs the thickness of an elephant or maybe HK-47 with..err nevermind :)
 Tito
12-30-2003, 11:34 PM
I believe one of the guys from Bioware said on the Bioware forums that he'd suggest implementing walking in the next patch for the game!:) But I'm not sure they'll go for it though!

And I gotta say, I love your name Lil' Jawa (specifically because of that guy in the Cantina on Tatooine, the way he says it):p

"Jawas, funny little guys. Lil' Jawa, lil' Jawa!";)
Page: 1 of 1