Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Turning off distance fade

Page: 1 of 1
 seks03
12-29-2003, 5:41 AM
Hi everyone, i was wondering if there was a why to turn off the "distance fade" in a map?
 WadeV1589
12-30-2003, 1:26 AM
fade? If you mean quick cut off add distancecull 60000 to the worldspawn, should be enough to stop it clipping
 seks03
12-30-2003, 10:25 AM
let say i was releasing a map how would i change it so it does it automaticly? or can you please tell me what i need to type in the console to do this? thank you very much
 Lil Killa
12-30-2003, 10:53 PM
For the worldspawn of the map in GTK you add a key: distancecull and a Value: 60000 and you set... Conpile the map and your distancecull should be large enough so you can see your whole map at one time.
 Druid Bremen
12-31-2003, 2:55 AM
I read somewhere that there would be no hit on FPS.. Am I right?
 Lil Killa
12-31-2003, 3:21 AM
Don't think so as I'm pretty sure distancecull keeps everything beyond it from beeing drawn so if you made it so that the cull was so large the whole map was able to be seen and then drawn chances are your fps is going to suck depending on how detailed your map is and how many players/bots you have on the map. I would suggest keeping the distance cull and add some fog to hide it....

Wade might know a bit more than I do but I believe what I just said was true...
Page: 1 of 1