Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No Chritmas present but we got NEW YEAR!

Page: 1 of 1
 -ST-i_stinks
12-28-2003, 7:26 AM
well, we didn't give you all 1 Chritmas present but there will be a New year present :)

yep that right the unoffical (because i haven't get approval from Tito yet !)RAJ startup screen made by -ST-i_stinks!

but well i do face some problem ,see the screenshot below how do i remove lame thing on top of the pic? tell me if you know which file is it that contain the lame bar so i can edit and remove that lame thing .well it still not completed but take a preview of it it almost done :)

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/6ce3e79d/bc/star+wars+shots/thelamething+underconstruction.jpg?bfG7p7_A_GFPTER) W

(it will be release on NEW YEAR! or maybe not (hehe)(sorry leaked out spoiler T_T)
 Jedi Luke
12-28-2003, 9:06 PM
Awesome, Happy New Year. It's nice to get a New Year's present. Unfortunately I cannot access the screenshot. Page cannot be displayed :(.
 -ST-i_stinks
12-29-2003, 2:15 AM
 -ST-i_stinks
12-29-2003, 5:23 AM
well it seem that yahoo keep changing the links of the pic so as to prevent people from linking to it so since it the case

go to here first

http://sg.briefcase.yahoo.com/i_stinko)

then click on Starwar shot folder

and inside there are 2 files click on pic called "thelamething underconstruction"
 Jedi Luke
12-29-2003, 6:17 AM
Awesome, looks good :). When will I be needed to beta test the demo level?
 -ST-i_stinks
12-29-2003, 9:10 AM
well i really don't know ,i haven't seen tito online for these days maybe he went on holiday and therefore have not informed me on any news yet.and so well... you know how to remove the lame bar with a blue saber and a head.... as shown in the pic?

this pic is delicated for all of your support and also well my teacher...she died lastweek while on a holiday trip to europe.She caugh an somewat unknown diease at the aeroplane and when she board the returning plane back,the virus start to become active and the plane make an emergency landing on Russia where she in hospital in coma for 2 days before she declared dead....she very young and everyday at class ,my class mate always call her nick names like mad women bla bla and didn't give her a good day.... although i felt that she quite a good teacher.....
 Godzilla
12-29-2003, 5:31 PM
That's a cool piece of work, ST! Great job!
 -ST-i_stinks
12-30-2003, 12:32 AM
well Thanks that the first time i do this kind of thing and well it a mix of using windows paint and Gimp cos i'm still too used to paint though...so the gimp i mainly use it for creating logos...

and well look like the annoying bar at the top have to stay since i can't find solutions to it.....
 -ST-i_stinks
12-30-2003, 9:23 AM
ok it ready!!! well i have tot of making another with darth brandon,Zero and styx in the picture at the center each facing different side left front and right but i forgotten the command to spawn a black colour reborn (is not reborn/black) it another command any model can do it too if you know how to do it like a green colour Jan. or kyle so i'm asking any 1 know this command since i forgotten it .

thanks
 -ST-i_stinks
12-30-2003, 9:32 AM
oops i forgot to give a url!!!

go to

then go into the Reborn ancient jedi folder

click on product.bmp

that it save it to your com and put the file on your jediacademy/install folder and replace the original product.bmp well make a backup first :)

I admit this picture isn't that good but that my first attempt and i don't know if i should send this on websites like pcgamemods? cos i haven't ask tito permission and i doesn't know if this pic is good enough so give me ur views critisce it as bad as you can but state the true facts and no using of foul languages!!! and give me tips on improving it

THanks!
 -ST-i_stinks
12-30-2003, 9:35 AM
OH NO!!! SORRY FOR THE TRIPLE POST!!! just suddenly think of it and that is i have try my best to copy what the orignal pic is like 96 dpi,500x480.etc

and it look cool also if you set it as your Background !(well mine is 800x600

so check it for me and make sure is 500x480 which is the most important :)

THAnks again!

SOOOORY FOOOOOR THE TRIIIIPPPPPPPPLLLLLEEEEEEE

POOOOOOOSSSSSSST!!!!!
 GothiX
12-30-2003, 10:04 AM
Would be better not to have a startup screen, as it'll cause every mod, or even the original game, to use it.
 -ST-i_stinks
12-30-2003, 10:14 AM
ok i edited again once more and this time the lame thing is gone and also other new things which may or may not be put in but since gothicx say........

AWW now it make me confused on should i release it or even release this juz updated version...\

and i don't really think that could be a problem there are so many startup screen avalible on the web.etc for JKA........................

Time wasted and ..........well let not mention.....my........delication...........for.... ..

anyway i will seriously think about ur view.....

thanks anyway.......
 Jedi Luke
12-30-2003, 10:23 AM
That's Ok ST. It's good to get a glimpse of the mod. So how's the Demo going? You know how to contact me when it's ready for testing.
 Tito
12-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Looking good there... Can't wait to see it with new buttons and all...:)

The demo level (or, first level as it is) still needs scripting... But we've been working on a short intro movie which should be done soon (once we get rid of some errors and annoying things that won't work)... Could probably use a little help from you there, Jedi Luke... Just contact me on MSN as soon as possible...:)
 Jedi Luke
12-30-2003, 9:54 PM
Ok Tito, be right there.
 Jedi Luke
12-30-2003, 9:54 PM
Ok Tito, be right there.
 GothiX
12-31-2003, 8:55 AM
Mind me checking the cutscenes for you? If I can't find it, I'll just abuse lassev's talents for it. :p
 Tito
12-31-2003, 10:20 AM
Hey, the more guys we can get feedback from the better...:D

I'm just starting work on the NPC's for the intro now...:)
 -ST-i_stinks
12-31-2003, 1:30 PM
well GUys EVERY THING IS DONE!!!!!!

buttons.etc but there 1 part which isn't that good and i have send tito the file so to see if he can improve it and since i'm sending him on 31 dec....well the earliest you can get should be about at 2 jan......

AWWW really really sorry my promise of present for new year isn't that true.

a really Sincere apology from me:(
 Godzilla
01-01-2004, 1:13 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! LOL. :D 2004 is upon us.
 Godzilla
 Godzilla
 Godzilla
 Godzilla
01-01-2004, 1:14 PM
Uh-oh. REALLY sorry for the quadruple post. :p
 Jedi Luke
01-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Happy new year Everyone!!! :cheers:
 Tito
01-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Happy New Year!!!:D

Man, my littlebrother has a blast every New Years Eve, especially since his birthday is on the first of January!!!:p
Always freaks people out when you go "Happy New Year, oh, and everyone say happy birthday to my littlebrother!"... People always go "NO WAY!!!"... Priceless...:D
 Jedi Luke
01-02-2004, 4:21 AM
LMAO!! :rofl::D
 -ST-i_stinks
01-02-2004, 6:04 AM
well i hate new year.... got to go school on 2nd jan..holiday over. T_T

and erm tito so do u think the thing i made is good enough to erm....and about the file i sent u ... ... on improving it did u recieve it?
 -ST-i_stinks
01-03-2004, 9:18 AM
ok !!! update again!!
now it juz a bit more and the startup screen is complete take a sneak peek at the very nearly completed version at

go reborn ancient jedi folder and click on 2 files clicked on it and mouse over.

and post any complain (but it must make some sense)you dun like abt it so i can improve it .

thanks

when the thing is finally up most probably it will be in the download section of raj website or some other jk3 mods website.etc
 Tito
01-03-2004, 11:38 AM
The only thing I can think of, is that there's a very visible straight line on top of the "Star Wars" text... Try blurring it out a bit, it might look better...

Good otherwise!:)

I couldn't find a way to improve the buttons though, sorry!
 -ST-i_stinks
01-03-2004, 1:29 PM
ok i will try :) and erm how about the sounds?

should we include some sounds juz like the normal jka whihc also have some

back.wav click.wav hover.wav open.wav and start.wav

of course the sounds must be short 1

so i might think that it might be good to include the in game characters voice?

tell me ur views thanks
 -ST-i_stinks
01-07-2004, 7:13 AM
well here an update firstly well we didn't release it on time but well there are still other new years like the Chinese New year some where in Jan 20+ hehe still new year :)

ok the update is daysSSSS ago and well sounds are the new addiction tito is working on it right now he will tell me when the sound is made

:)
 -ST-i_stinks
01-07-2004, 7:14 AM
well here an update firstly well we didn't release it on time but well there are still other new years like the Chinese New year some where in Jan 20+ hehe still new year :)

ok the update is daysSSSS ago and well sounds are the new addiction tito is working on it right now he will tell me when the sound is put in

:)
 Jedi Luke
01-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Sweet, looking forward to it :).
 -ST-i_stinks
01-13-2004, 12:05 PM
ok it finally up!!!!

sounds buttons.etc!!!

hope u guys like it!!!!

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3817)
 Jedi Luke
01-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Well done ST! :)

That's one nice startup screen!
 -ST-i_stinks
01-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks it been uploaded to a number of different sites including file planet and well for the others they said they will mail me once it up there on their server :)
 Godzilla
01-17-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm bauk from vacation in Peru. There were so many files uploaded from the time I was gone (6-16), I didn't see the RAJ starterupper! GREAT JOB ST AND TITO!
 -ST-i_stinks
01-19-2004, 5:48 AM
well er only 1 file :)
Page: 1 of 1