Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Textures... Gone?

Page: 1 of 1
 Druid Bremen
12-26-2003, 8:01 AM
WTF!!?!? The textures ( base textures, not custom ones, mind you ) showed up correctly in GTK, but became the black and white checkerbox in JA! Wt.. Please help.
 Lil Killa
12-26-2003, 7:37 PM
Do you have any jk2 shaders/textures in your base? That includes custom maps as well.... If so then take them out and see if that helps.
 [SASH]Nathan
12-27-2003, 6:30 AM
there are some errors with GTK and what textures u can/cant use, not many but some show up in GTK but ant supposed to be used ( test shaders, textures etc from jka building process ) , update to the latest GTK and it should sort out most of your problem
 giganerd
12-28-2003, 12:54 AM
I've found that you have to make a pk3 w/ your map and custom textures in it if you are testing it in multiplayer. You don't have to make a pk3 if you are testing in single player.
 [SASH]Nathan
12-28-2003, 3:25 AM
''I've found that you have to make a pk3 w/ your map and custom textures in it if you are testing it in multiplayer. You don't have to make a pk3 if you are testing in single player''

or type 'SV_PURE 0' in console then devmap yur map ;) custom textures will show then without the need to pak it
 Druid Bremen
12-28-2003, 6:47 AM
Umm.. What I'm talking about is a BASE texture. There is hardly any reason for the texture bblock3_vertex in Yavin to defect on me. I noticed that when I used another texture with the word vertex in it, it doesn't work too.

Edit: I think I know my mistake. bblock3_vertex IS a shader. Lol. Anyone can tell me what that does?
 [SASH]Nathan
12-28-2003, 4:35 PM
a shader is a texture that has a script with it that tells it to behave in a sertain way, be it make the texture non-solid, make the texture move in a certain way or throw light from it. Shaders are real fancy textures and the key to making good maps :), well one of them anyway.
 giganerd
12-29-2003, 2:54 AM
Originally posted by [SASH]Nathan
or type 'SV_PURE 0' in console then devmap yur map ;) custom textures will show then without the need to pak it

Hey, thanks for the tip! :D
 Druid Bremen
12-31-2003, 3:00 AM
Originally posted by [SASH]Nathan
a shader is a texture that has a script with it that tells it to behave in a sertain way, be it make the texture non-solid, make the texture move in a certain way or throw light from it. Shaders are real fancy textures and the key to making good maps :), well one of them anyway.

............................... I know what's a shader! I just don't know what THAT shader does. Lol.
 [SASH]Nathan
12-31-2003, 4:57 AM
yo sorry man, my mistake I was tired when I posted and didnt read your post proberly :)
Page: 1 of 1