Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Elevator only goes 1 way...

Page: 1 of 1
 LordP
12-23-2003, 3:15 PM
my Func_plat will not come up to get me when after I step of of it at the top of its movement. Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?
 gotcha8903
12-23-2003, 6:29 PM
func_plats are only supposed to go one way, so you need to add some things. you could use triggers like this tutorial from wedge shows, its a fully automatic elevator (found at map-review.com):

Wedge's Fully Automatic Elevators Tutorial (http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=4)

also, you could use a func_door, but this is probably more complicated than neccessary, so id stick to what the tutorial says.
 LordP
12-24-2003, 2:04 PM
Thanks for the tip.
 giganerd
12-26-2003, 3:07 PM
If you don't feel like messing with triggers and such you can always make two func_plats, one for going up and one for going down, but that tutorial makes it pretty easy anyways.
 <|FeaR|>Storm
01-13-2004, 6:49 PM
ahum..

Func_plats are imho better, coz with func_train I cant seem to have'm start on top. Anyway func_plats arent working like they did on jk2.

When my func_plat starts top floor to go to the basement it wont go down while yur standing on it.

I got a func_plat on position 1 and it's triggered by func_button.
When for instance position 1 is the lower point and position 2 the upper point.

When ppl get on the func_plat and press the button they go up, but when func_plat returns to pos 1 from pos 2 and then been called back up by a func_button on pos 2 and they get on it wont go down.

I'll put a link here in a few with a .map file with the elevator. If anyone could help me out please do. Thank you.

Func Plat map file (http://www.jkfear.com/func_plat.zip)

Storm
Page: 1 of 1